Processing Of Priority Group 5 General Skilled Migration Applications

Rover

Looks like we have a CO! Received a message from team 6 in Adelaide requesting medicals and police clearances. Almost 4 years and 7 months later.

We uploaded PCCs last year, but they expire on 12 June 2013 - should we redo them or just keep the ones we uploaded??

Oh crap, what if we don't get our visas? I need chocolate!!

Forgot to add: applied 23 June 2008

Edited by qwerty
  • Like 4

If you can go validate your visa before 12 June 2013 you dont need to redo the pcc's. If you want more time before needing to make a trip to Aus you had better get new pcc's. Congrats!

congrats guys!!! This is super news for you and all the people in group 5 still waiting. :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

I guess there will be a couple of happy people this year that has been waiting very long!

I would not get new pc's. Once you get a CO and they request your medicals, you will have your visa very soon, provided your meds are not referred. Our pc's expire in May 2013, but they did not use our pc's date, they used are medicals - so we have until December 2013 to make our first entry.

oooh we applied 4 months after you, so i am feeling very happy with this news! Congrats :) OF COURSE now I'm pregnant, so will have to be put on hold. LIFE is such a funny thing.

I emailed the case officer and asked whether he would recommend that we redo the PCCs. He emailed back to say that he extended the validity of the PCCs until 3 September! Also booked our medicals for Tuesday next week. Going the electronic route so hopefully that speeds things up a bit.

I'm stressing a bit, since we did our application ourselves - hopefully we didn't miss anything that could cause issues.

• Like 1

CONGRATS Qwerty!!

You must be over the moon to FINALLY be in the processing phase of the visa application.

Good luck with the last leg and we're holding thumbs that it all goes through quickly now!

*ching ching* ... (cyber drinks "on the house"!)

Wow, this is brilliant news !! So happy for you ! Don't stress too much, I'm sure you'll happily 'make it' !! :ilikeit:

Quick question: CO only asked for PCCs and medicals. Should we fill in form 80 just in case? Not sure if they normally request form 80 with the medicals and PCCs or only after?

If we do have to complete form 80, hubby will have to do most of the work as I'm busy with assignments and presentations for my masters that are are all due next week :whome:

My advise re form 80 is read through it and see what info you need. There is a lot of dates and sibling info etc needed. Just make sure you have easy access to it and then leave it on the back burner. If the CO has not asked you now I dont think they will but you never know.

don't worry re going at it yourself. I did too and it all went fine...i think if you're this far you're fine....My CO also requested PCs and medicals and i was not asked to submit form 80 so never did and received me grant without any issues! as mentioned above, just make sure you have all the info at hand and you can do in one day if they do request it. otherwise, i would just leave it. i think those that use agents are asked to fill it in as agents send in as much info as they can to send in a "completed" application.

We as well did not fill in form 80 and our CO only asked for pcc and medicals. It would appear that everything about your application has satisfied their requirements and these 2 will seal the deal!!!!

Yes, we've decided to just gather the info needed (in case they ask for it). So contacted my cousin and a friend for their details - as they ask for any personal contacts in Australia. I have most of my family details, as I frequently do visa applications for my folks to the UK and recently visited my sister in the UK as well.

@CloudNine - I was wondering whether they check if everything is in order with the visa application and if you meet the required points before asking for PCCs and medicals - hope so :)

@celeste - Our application is for a 175 Non-MODL (that is what it was called at the time).

• Like 1

Yes, they only ask for meds and pcc after they are happy that your appliaction meets all the requirements for the visa. From our experience these are the last 2 matters that need finalization before they issue the visa. So you can grin from ear to ear............. :D

• Like 1

Really hope that you are right... it has been such a long wait and the goal posts were moved so often...think I've become overly cautious about getting excited :P

@Qwerty, remember when we first applied...it was all downhill from meds and PCCs. And everything else was simple too, everyone was treated fairly and processed in date order.

Phoned the clinic and all of us are linked - so tomorrow's medicals should go smoothly...hopefully our medicals are not referred. Banned my hubby from eating anything unhealthy until after the medicals, but as always he's ignoring my "advice" :rolleyes:

@celeste - I guess that's the "beauty" of life...it's unpredictable and not always fair :thumbdown:

Edited by qwerty

I am holding thumbs :ilikeit: that all goes quickly from here....the sooner you get your visa the faster they can get to ours!!

Ok so the medical process went smoothly, but my medicals did not...they found trace blood and leukocystes in my urine - sending it for further tests. Doctor thinks it is probably a mild UTI. So alas my medicals will probably be referred and the waiting will continue...does it ever end?