Processing Of Priority Group 5 General Skilled Migration Applications

Rover

Medicals submitted - now to wait and see if mine gets referred.

Edited by qwerty
  • Like 1

It's been so long. I truly hope this year is the year they pull finger and get through the backlog. The web site dates just stagnate for the longest time. Meanwhile the kids are getting bigger, school life is settling in, etc etc etc... Can't wait to start my new life, getting tired of limbo...

Good luck for 2013 everyone!

• Like 1

Oh and another thing, we applied for our last child's unabridged birth certificate last year when we renewed other kids' passports... The two renewals and one new passport took all of 9 days!!! The 1 unabridged birth cert is STILL outstanding! Applied 13th July 2012!!! So apply for these things early cos you often have a long fight on your hands...

They found protein in my daughters urine. Doc said he would retest her a week later before sending meds away. It helped us, otherwise ours would also have been referred.

Our doctor didn't want to let me do a restest - she send the original results - so I'm assuming that mine will referred. But it is trace - so wondering if they grade you as A or B - there isn't any significant medical problem.

• 3 weeks later...

What is up with them??? They don't update the site when they should, then they do it but backdate it so it looks like they did AND the GSM 175 categ has not moved! is this even possible???? What the hell is going on with them?! I cannot stand seeing that 21May2008 date anymore, it's been months dammit, lol...frustrated much? :boxing:

Anyone applied after that date and received a CO yet?

• Like 1

we applied Nov 2008 and still waiting....I am also so tired of 21 May 2008....what's so special about that date??? It's been stuck since 7 Dec 2012 :cry:

Yup, waiting for that 21 May 2008 is really becoming frustrating to look at ! Hopefully they're again too busy to update the site :whome:

@ Celeste - the moment you year anything, YELL !! We'll be just a few weeks behind you, hopefully ... :rolleyes:

@ Tee - it took us a whole year and a few days to get our youngest's unabridged birth certificate.

I wonder what it will feel like after waiting some years for a visa when that visa announcement arrives - it might be quite a shock !

• Like 1

@Alida...I waited nearly 4 years for a visa and I can tell you that when I got it - I did go into shock :blush-anim-cl: But it is the most wonderful feeling when it comes through and I think that you really do appreciate it in a different way to those that don't wait. SO HANG IN THERE !!!

It is so terrible being in limbo (I know) but keep the faith and good luck to all the folks still waiting :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Hi guys

Not sure if this impacts on any of you guys

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php/topic/38610-state-and-territory-nominated-skilled-visas-475-487-176-886-update-4-feb-2013/

Recent DIAC announcement re State and territory nominated skilled visa subclasses 475, 487, 176 and 886

plus South Australia have stated they are sending emails to applicants between Sept 2007 - June 2010 in Cat 5 that they consider this relates to.

@ Alida of course I will let you guys know if I hear anything but our 176 FS category five apps are not even being processed at this stage.

I saw the dept secretary delivery a speech to a parliament committee on Monday (video link is on the DIAC site) saying DIAC is working hard to achieve the goal of filling the 190 000 spaces this programme year, so sounds like there is hope for us in the coming months. We can only sit tight together and hope for the best.

@TeeTMI, thanks but that doesn't apply to me. I scour the DIAC website almost daily looking for some good news about our predicament and so far have received none :glare:

It does help knowing we are not the only ones who have not been given a fair go due to the priority processing arrangements.

• Like 1

@ Celeste - we will all get there, God willing. I'm by now so used to be in the waiting queue, I almost feel guilty having you 'behind' us !! :blush-anim-cl: And, we've become 'comfortable' with waiting in general, as if we've been granted some time to really learn to live without being tied down by earthly structures and support. It's nice, actually. We don't want anything too big to fit into a box/suitcase, we don't mind if something breaks, we learn to live without it unless it's really necessary to replace. It is as if we are learning to redefine life outside the traditional perimeters of society. Enjoying life without caring too much about your surroundings. Don't know if I'm making myself comprehensible ...

@ Africancowgirl - yes, the limbo is a huge thing ! We almost had to relearn to keep on living daily life here, our minds were so much set on OZ three years ago already ! But we restarted life, had our third little one, finished a long awaited building job on our streetfront (we thought we'll just not do it, the next owners can decide whether they would want to - yet we now so enjoy the sight and privacy of this project), I've taken up 'investing' in my garden again, because it keeps me enthusiastic and positive to make things grow ! We learned that we should not count the money we spend here too meticulously, for the moral drag of existing here without positive LIVING, is dangerous and depressing. Most of the time, we basically forget the whole OZ thing, I only visit the site on and off, just to feel agitated and forlorn again - deciding once again not to come too often, but can't stay away for too long either, hehe.

Edited by Alida
  • Like 1

Hmm... so another week goes by and still there is no word on the visa processing for us FS 176'ers. Sometimes I feel like they should've called us the F 13'ers - as it feels like we've all been shoved into that drawer never to see the light of day again!

:cry: having an "off day"

My saving grace, yet again, is to come onto this site (and more specifically this discussion) and see that we are not the only ones WAITING for some slight glimmer of light at the end of this tunnel that doesn't seem to have an end.

And seriously, if one more person asks me "how much longer until you find out about your application?" :boxing::censored: .

But I SO agree with you Alida - definitely have to LIVE until we hear the final verdict. We also put our lives on hold for too long - and it's made a huge difference in our kids by just having life beyond unknown immigration woes.

Ever hopeful there will be positive news SOON! :magic:

• Like 1

seriously....updated today and still on 21 May 2008. :censored:.....anybody with any good news???

Is there anything we can do to move the process along or is it just waiting and waiting and waiting.

• Like 1

Maybe they are just not updating that page - could be that the person doing the update hasn't received any info from those teams. We are 23 June 2008 applicants and got our visas on 30 January - so they must be way past the 21 May date by now. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

That's just it for the last 5 updates there has been no movement on the Timeline page. However, there have been visas granted under 175's!

I agree with Querty, it definitely looks like whichever team is handling 175's they are not telling the person who updates the page.

It's so frustrating though my goodness!!!!

It's a sad state of affairs. I can't help wondering if DIAC is hoping we will just give up and go away. But we are in it for the long run and will sit tight and wait. Eventually, we will be able to go to Aussie to join the rest of our families.

Oh my word, you poor things. I didn't realise there were so many people from 2008 onwards still waiting. I am always waiting for Alida's " I got it post" but just assumed that some of the rest of you had also gotten grants and perhaps I had missed it.

I'll send out some cosmic vibes from Queensland to DIAC and see if we can't get them moving. Hang in there, it will eventually come and you all so deserve it.

Is there any person that has a good relationship with their CO or a contact in the DIAC that can ask some questions? Is there a problem with the processing or are they just not updating the site? We have been very patient for more than 4 years. . .but limbo land is starting to become a problem now. We have been thinking of starting a family but really want to get to oz first as we dont want to arrive there with a new born while searching for a place to stay and obviously me not able to work immediately. So difficult to plan when you dont have a timeframe

Have you thought of sending a message via the online link that you have, perhaps enquiring if any more information is needed....it may just make them remember you are there.

Have done it about a year ago when we moved and updated our info. I mailed to ask them if they received the upload as there was no indication on the system that they have. They replied to say they did, and after that the system was updated. I changed some info again about 2 months ago as my husband changed jobs, so maby I will ask them again if they have received the paperwork......Maby I should move again or maby get a new passport and just keep updating my info... :whome:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I sent a message asking if my info was updated, but no response.

Site updated again today and guess what???....still on 21 May 2008 :cry::(:thumbdown:

Edited by Renny

OK, so I sent a message asking if my info was updated, but no response.

Site update again today and guess what???....still on 21 May 2008 :cry::(:thumbdown:

It's insanely frustrating and hugely unfair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

They only started processing our category in Sep and now they've stalled again. It's demoralising. Obviously high priority applications take preference and they're getting new apps all the time. I would think they'd dedicate a unit to the categ 5 just to clear the backlog and be done with it already. Life must just go on I guess...

Oh yes, the frustration is eating us too ! We too want to continue expanding our family, but don't know when our life might change. If at all. Demoralizing is an appropriate word. Depressing, the feeling of complete powerlessness about the course of one's own life. As if you have no right to make decisions about your own life. If only they could inform those in the waiting, it might have been easier to bear !!