Independant PR Processing Times

Jordy

Yip, quota being filled. It seems all the states/territories have them.

Processing happens in Darwin, as far as I know. That is where everything needed to be lodged, so it makes sense to be there. We pretty much sent them a book of research, covering everything from jobs to housing.

@ Rover, we had to do the same and both my parents and Aunt offered to assist too which helps. Do you have family in the NT?

@ Rover, we had to do the same and both my parents and Aunt offered to assist too which helps. Do you have family in the NT?

No, we don't have family there. For that matter, we do not have that much direct family left here either, so it would be easier for us to proove independence and a lack of family ties here than family ties over in Aus. Hope that makes sense.

It is just the constant waiting and unpredictability that gets to one a bit.

It is just the constant waiting and unpredictability that gets to one a bit.

@ Rover, yes you very right! Can get a person down but I try not think too much about the wait, etc. Weighs you down.

Back up one step…. Are there quotas per skill on the 175? Is there any way that you can check if there is availability?

I have been monitoring the progress of the 175 Visa over the last few months. Currently there is approx. 270 days lag time between submission, and all applications received on a specific day being contacted… During the 10 days between updates, they only made 7 days progress… Let’s see how it looks on 30 March (next update date).

Patience in waiting for everybody waiting!

Back up one step…. Are there quotas per skill on the 175? Is there any way that you can check if there is availability?

Nope, only with State Sponsorship.

Application being processed further!!! We got a CO!!

Wooohooo!!! :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :congratulations::yourock:

• Like 1

And now the obsessive checking is entering a new phase right??!! :)

• Like 1

Yeah, congratz. We are so happy for you.

• Like 1

And now the obsessive checking is entering a new phase right??!! :)

Yup, I am now monitoring email constantly - 24/7. My iphone charges next to my bed and alerts me with a strobe light every time an email comes in (from all three of my mail accounts!). So I constantly get woken up by emails that advise me of long lost realtives leaving me money, good friends in high places wanting to park a some of their fortune in my bank account, Euro Millions jackpots and microsoft wanting to give my sim card millions of dollars... what an anti-climax... Keep your millions, I want to hear from DIAC!

I fear that the medicals will get refered for severe OCD and paranoid tendancies!!

• Like 3

I haven't been on here in years... we submitted our PR175 June 2009 and then..... February 2012 we got our CO.

We have now been for medicals & got our police clearance.

Just want to know: Regardless of how long the rest takes: How long does a person have from allocating PR to validating? Is it 1 year from medical/pol.cl or 1 year from getting the visa?

Thanks...

Edited by Al4van44

I haven't been on here in years... we submitted our PR175 June 2009 and then..... February 2012 we got our CO.

We have now been for medicals & got our police clearance.

Just want to know: Regardless of how long the rest takes: How long does a person have from allocating PR to validating? Is it 1 year from medical/pol.cl or 1 year from getting the visa?

Thanks...

@Al4van44, Have they given you a timeframe for how much longer til your visa is granted? What occupation did you originally apply under in 2009?

Edited by YellesB

I was contacted by our case officer this morning - Team 2. Requested PCC's (I had them and emailed them immediately), and medicals. Our medicals are booked for 20 April. Things starting to take shape nicely now!

It looks like the official DIAC processing date for category 4's is up to 9 August 2011. Nice movement

I was contacted by our case officer this morning - Team 2. Requested PCC's (I had them and emailed them immediately), and medicals. Our medicals are booked for 20 April. Things starting to take shape nicely now!

It looks like the official DIAC processing date for category 4's is up to 9 August 2011. Nice movement

@ Hein77, by up to Aug 2011 what do you mean by that?

@ Hein77, by up to Aug 2011 what do you mean by that?

It means that all Cat 4 applications lodged before 9 Aug 2011 have been contacted by a CO, according to DIAC.

• Like 1

I also had team 2 (initials SO'B) - they were quite good.

I was stunned when I saw the new allocation dates. It is getting closer for us now. With the prior updates I was a bit discouraged.

Wow, they made 50 days’ worth of progress during the last 10 days. Looks like the have now contacted all the 175’s that was submitted up to 9 Aug 2011.

Etc, etc, etc... :-)

I'm sure I read somewhere you're not supposed to give out their info. Shoot me if I'm wrong... :-)

Left out some info on the edit... ;-)

Edited by Rover

• 2 weeks later...

Application being processed further.

That's great. What visa have you apllied for?