Independant PR Processing Times

Jordy

Thanx for the replies, I also want to add that we already got all out unabridged certificates and all that, my husband is still looking for work there, so we must just do the application and see what is next.. So I also said we should do it ourselves, my hubby thinks otherwise.

:whome:

Hi Riska,

Ons was ook sterk op pad om alles self te doen, ek het al die dokumente (unabridged etc etc) self gekry en alles gelees wat daar moontlik te lees is oor die aansoek,maar het besluit om agent te kry omdat my man se beroepskode keuse bietjie tricky is. Ek is seker baie mense kan dit self doen maar as jy enigsins wonder oor beroep ens. sal ek definitief voorstel dat jy agent kry.

Ons het Stephen Dickson van Migration Outcomes Australia aangestel en what a pleasure!! Hys ook op die forum en respond onmiddelik op enige navrae,ek het nog nooit langer as `n paar uur gewag nie en dan is dit ook net omdat hy geslaap het :rolleyes: Sy kostes is baie billik en die lekker deel van hoe hy dinge doen is dat mens hom aan die begin van `n fase betaal en eers as dit afgehandel is betaal mens vir die volgende fase. Dit help baie want mens kan terwyl jy besig is met die een fase solank geld bymekaar maak vir die volgende een. Hy verleen graag hulp aan mense op die forum so kontak hom gerus.

Klein foutjies kan maak dat skills assessment onsuksesvol is maar soos ek voorheen gese het ons sin is nie so clear cut nie.

Hoop regtig julle kom reg!

Anneke

• 5 months later...

Just want to add my 2c worth regarding using an agent or not. Depending on the visa you apply for (I am saying this because I am not sure whether you can file a "decision ready" application for all subclasses) it is worthwhile today to get a good agent. Only registered agents are allowed to file a "decision ready" application, no individuals. If you file an "decision ready" application, it means all your paperwork is in order and all requirements have been met by the time you file. This speeds up the process hugely. We filed a "decision ready" application (onshore) for a 885 PR- visa (skilled independent- cat 3) at the beginning of March (2011) and I just received notification that we have a case officer and that our visa will be finalised within 8 weeks. If I filed myself as a category 3 application it could have taken up to 2 years!

In saying that, I still had to do most of the legwork as far as my paper work was concerned. I had to do constant follow-up with the agent and in some cases the agent made some mistakes regarding certain requirements which cost us some money (Just had to swallow that :)). I did a lot of investigation after certain laws changed and had to follow that up with the agent. It was very frustrating at times, but we finally managed to file our "decision ready" application. The agent did however do certain paperwork for us, such as translations, Australian police records ext. This helped a great deal.

All in all I would recommend using a recommended agent as I discovered that some of the information as it appears on the DIMA site is not complete. More so at the moment with all the changes. The agent had access to legal documents that stated further clauses to certain requirements that you can not find on the DIMA site. As mentioned before, we couldn't file a "decision ready" application by ourselves, which is the main reason using an agent can make a BIG difference.

• 8 months later...

Processing times

Priority Group Number 4 Visa Subclass Processing Time:

Nominated Occupation on the SOL – Schedule 1 (subclass 175, 495, 496, 861, 862, 863, 880, 881, 882, 883, 885 and 176, 475, 487 if not SMP) 18 months

Our 175 took 8 months flat. Considering that the estimated processing time is set as 18-24 months, I think this is a good indication of how quickly they are processing!

The allocations date link is very accurate and updated fortnightly so definitely worth a bookmark on your pc ;)

Good luck!

• 2 months later...

Awesome time keeping excel table for 175 / 176 aplications.

Just remeber if you use it, be nice and share your info too.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqEBgay7xfFvdEpQS2NMbTItV1o5bTctcE4wa1pVWHc&hl=en_GB#gid=1

original thread

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/138985-new-cat-4-july-1st-2011-part-3-a-19.html

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like we have the first post-July 2011 175 applicant being awarded a CO!!! Someone active on two other forums who had applied on 1 July 2011 had his agent contacted by a case officer on 8 March!

Lets hope that they speed through the rest of the category 4 applicants and get to a few category 5 applicants before everything is turned on its head again in July this year

Dear Eric,

Can you please tell me when you submitted VETTASSES? I just want to get an idea of how long or quick it can take for a result from them.

Thanks

Joanne

This morning it looks like we have July, August AND September applicants being assigned case officers! In the pre June 2011 processing periods DIAC used to work on one or two months at the same time (even skipping a particular month somewhat and then processing it a bit later).

Looks like I will be checking even more compulsively over the next few days and weeks! It has gotten to the point where I have memorised my TRN and passport numbers but cannot remember my wife's cell number!!

All of the best for all of the new points system applicants out there! (as well as the old points applicats that may still be in the dark)

• Like 1

Looks like I will be checking even more compulsively over the next few days and weeks! It has gotten to the point where I have memorised my TRN and passport numbers but cannot remember my wife's cell number!!

Yip, sounds about right... :-)

Oh yeah ... sounds right to me too! One of the days when we check we will also have a big smile or lose our breath when we see movement :-)

My obsessive net trawling and trolling today has revealed that on the Expat forum as well as the Poms In Oz forum half of all July 2011 applicants have their case officers!

Hopefully my turn soon!

I can't but help feeling that some of those category 5 applicants will be getting some good news soon!

Wow! After that looonnnggg 3 month wait to process one month, suddenly everyone is getting CO's! Hope your turn is soon Heine! Are you nervous or excited?

Seems like everybody that submitted 175's up to 20 June 2011, have been contacted. Currently standing on 270 days after submission everybody has been contacted by an case officer...

When did the Visa submission rules change? 1 July or end July 2011?

I can't but help feeling that some of those category 5 applicants will be getting some good news soon!

I wish... I so wish...

It looks like the CO allocations for Cat 4 applicants from July - September 2011 are coming along nicely. DIAC seemingly allocated applicants from those three months already. Only a matter of time before CO makes contact. By May they should be processing applicants from October to December 2011 and beyond.

Can't wait for our turn!

Wow! After that looonnnggg 3 month wait to process one month, suddenly everyone is getting CO's! Hope your turn is soon Heine! Are you nervous or excited?

Excited and paranoid... Always hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Checked my documents a million times. Read the DIAC site over and over... I am sure that you know the drill

Still no news from our application.

On the Poms in Oz forum they have 12 July applicants of which 8 have CO's, 10 from August of which 7 have CO's and then in September there are 6 applicants of which 4 have CO's. So all-in-all there are 28 applicants of which 19 have case officers!! July, August and September have definitely been batched together.

We lodged in Sept 2009 (175) and have still not heard anything! So trying now for 176 State Migration to NT! Let's hope it goes faster! :glare: Anyone else lodge in 2009 and gotten feedback?

We lodged in Sept 2009 (175) and have still not heard anything! So trying now for 176 State Migration to NT! Let's hope it goes faster! :glare: Anyone else lodge in 2009 and gotten feedback?

Be ready for a seven month wait. They're flooded with applications.

Which occupation?

Be ready for a seven month wait. They're flooded with applications.

Which occupation?

Hi Rover,

We applied using 263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer. It's on the NT SMP Shortage List.

Hi Rover,

We applied using 263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer. It's on the NT SMP Shortage List.

We applied for SS to NT about a month ago. Our original application was in November 2008, so also a conversion.

The feedback we got from them is that the average waiting time is 30 weeks. There is a real possibility that some occupations can get 'filled'.

Good luck!

We applied for SS to NT about a month ago. Our original application was in November 2008, so also a conversion.

The feedback we got from them is that the average waiting time is 30 weeks. There is a real possibility that some occupations can get 'filled'.

Good luck!

@ Rover, by "filled" do you mean the yearly quota, if there is one? Where is the visa sponsorship being processed?

Edited by YellesB

@ Rover, by "filled" do you mean the yearly quota, if there is one? Where is the visa sponsorship being processed?

Yip, quota being filled. It seems all the states/territories have them.

Processing happens in Darwin, as far as I know. That is where everything needed to be lodged, so it makes sense to be there. We pretty much sent them a book of research, covering everything from jobs to housing.