• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hendie

• Mara

• Kapoen

• Suidwes

We were toying with the idea in 2007 and thought let's use our favourite search engine(Google) and see if there are any others like us out there in SA with the same idea.

Must say the best site in the country :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Google :whome:

first I found RN, which i still occastionally visit, but I found this siter after getting frustrated there and I decided to look for other forums. I will enter a chatroom only so many times and greet and be ignored....

what a surprise - there are millions of threads and discussions, I love it here :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

Husbands sister in Wagga wagga told us about the forum as soon as she knew we were thinking of coming to Oz.

I then also told my brother who is now living in Brisbane.( also on the forum as matt06-I think)

I tell everybody who is interested!!!

I found that it really is addictive I have to check new posts everyday!

It's also been wonderful to meet others via the coffee clubs and also sometimes just to exchange emails to other members especially if headed to the same area.

We bumped intoa family doing medicals at the same time as us and they looked after my babies while I was having my x rays and we got chatting and they gave us the link! Thank goodness, I have found out so much information from this site - it has been invaluable!

• 4 weeks later...

Did a search for FIFO mining jobs and this link came up. I'm glad I found ti - it has been most helpful!!!

I also found saaustralia.org via Rainbow Nation. Wow, what a find!

I googled South Africans in Australia and it was the first sight that popped up. I must say it is great, I am realy enjoying being a part of it.

• 2 months later...

From TimAbby Tim worked with my husband prior to leaving for Melbourne and when we chatted about our decision to move they gave us the link to this site. Definitely one of the best links we've ever received!

Found it by default while researching anything and everything on AU - best site to have popped up on the

first page of google.

:rolleyes::ilikeit::ilikeit:

Love this forum!