• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hendie

• Mara

• Kapoen

• Suidwes

I did an Internet search of some sort (can't remember what I typed) and this link popped up...the rest, as they say, is history.

Edited by JacoE

Hi,

I used to follow Riekie's posts on RainbowNation and then got attacked by the troll, and left. After a few months I had the nerve to venture back and peep in, and thank goodness, the first post I found had a link for SAAustralia! Never been gone since :ilikeit:

Greetings,

Dreamy

SAme as Dreamy...went to Rn but there was too much b@#$% so I left, returned later and saw the link to SAAUs

I used to be a regular on RN. After a whole lot of trouble Dedrei wrote a post about another forum and asked those who were interested to send her their email address. She then told me about this forum. :ilikeit:

Same here, I did some reading on RN during sort of the aftermath of the multiple paw paws that hit the fan over there - and then saw the link to SA australia just after it started.

What about the newer members - post RN? Did most of you happen across the forum via an internet search, or do we have a steady word of mouth thing happening too?

Ouman BUG

Hi,

Our initial plan was to leave South Africa for Canada and we found www.sacanada.org and it was (and still is) such and amazing informative forum.

Somehow, we decided to rather leave South Africa for Australia and I became a member of Rainbow Nation, but there were a few trolls at the time and I mentioned something on Rainbow Nation about how well regulated www.sacanada.org was and how I wished that we could have a similar forum.

Dedrei then took the initiative to contact Hendie and the rest is history. The forum started in February this year and we already have almost 650 members so far. The growth is incredible and we hope to one day have more members than www.sacanada.org and www.sausa.org together! (he-he-he – What do you say Hendie?)

Thanks to everyone that makes this forum such an incredible one! :ilikeit:

Forum Greetings

Pippa

I chat online with another site (Africansouth) and found a link to the top 10 sites (refering to South African's abroad) and this was No 1.

. . . . . was on RN, but the quality of reference and debate was lowered by some not interested in actually migrating to Australia, but rather to vent their anger at South Africans taking the plunge.

When SAAustralia kicked in due to Dedrei's hard work, most left RN to this website where there is helpful advice and interest in Australia and how to 'survive' here.

Hi All

I got the link from the Radiologist that did our chest x-rays. She got it from one of her client. So word of mouth is alive and well.

Cheers

Rudi

Also used to read RN and was so disappointed when the good members left. Happened to be looking at SACanada and saw the link to SAAustralia - I was so surprised and happy to see some familiar names, it felt like I had found some long lost friends!

The forum started in February this year and we already have almost 650 members so far. The growth is incredible and we hope to one day have more members than www.sacanada.org and www.sausa.org together! (he-he-he – What do you say Hendie?)

Well, if you look at the statistics of where South Africans emigrate to, then it just stands to reason that SAAustralia should come out tops! Far more South Africans move to Australia than any of the other countries. :hug:

Interesting to read where everyone comes from, and how widely SAAustralia is already known! Good work folks!

:ilikeit: Hendie

• 1 month later...

Ek sal my kontak aan blote geluk toeskryf.

Ek het 'n pos in Wagga Wagga NSW aanvaar (was net 4 uur daar vir 'n marraton-onderhoud), & was bekommerd oor wat die dorp/stad wel sou bied. Toe ploeter ek weereens op die net rond & kom so op die forum - BINGO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soos ek elders gesê het, a.g.v. saaustralia.org het ek dadelik 'n pêl gehad voor ek nog hier aangekom het !

- als te danke aan die forum...

My mum, who lives in New Zealand and has been through the emigration process recommended I make contact with other South Africans in the same boat so to speak. I searched on Google and there you were.

I followed a discussion on Carte Blanch on why people left SA and someone posted this forum’s details.

:ilikeit:Best thing that happened to us. :ilikeit:

All our questions and fears were addressed and we met someone through this forum, that is now a very close and dear friend that helped us settling in, with sound advice and support. :)

:ilikeit: Thank you all that contributed to our “decision” and assist us on taking the step. We really appreciate your input and help. :ilikeit:

Keep on with the good work. :ilikeit:

Have a Blessed Christmas and may all your dreams come true in the New Year :)

:ilikeit: ons het eers op rainbownation afgekom en daar 'n paar vrae gevra en toe het 'n mede suid afrikaner wat ook auz toe wil gaan ons van saaustralia vertel. Ons is baie gelukkig om deel te wees van die forum en kan nie wag vir die dag dat ons ook kan begin hulp uitdeel nie.

• 1 month later...

Just typed in Google. Got this site and RN, had a look at both. RN does not even come close to this site. Recomending it to everyone i know that wants to emmigrate.

Thanks

J

Did a google search for "Afirkaans in Australia" and got to a site which referenced this one.

Thats how I found it :thumbdown:

Have no idea how I managed to miss this one, so interesting to hear how everybody found SAAustralia!

I came over with the rest from RN and by invitation, became a host. I still visit RN from time to time, but the damage has been done, I don't think it will ever go back to what it was.

To Hendie and my fellow hosts, as well as, all the members on the forum, I think we are all doing an excellent job of keeping everyone informed about the highs and lows of moving to Australia!

Well done, take a bow!

:):D:ilikeit:

hi, I think I saw a link in RNation but also in POMZinOZ, where a few expat SA's posted.

SO glad I did! :D:ilikeit::ilikeit:

Spread the message. :)