2. 2. The Future

• We will be finacially better-off in OZ
    • We will have better jobs in OZ
    • It is for the future of our kids
    • I hate everthing about SA
    • We think we will lose everything here in Africa
    • We are fed up with BEE
    • There is no place for white South Africans here

Hard to forget about it when one is still here....but soon..Oz here we come... :ilikeit:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• No Worries Mate

• wislon

• Biker

• KimH

As hier maar net 'n wildtuin ook kon gewees het, met zebras, olifante, kameelperde en 'n leeu of 2.

Buiten my vriende en familie, is dit iets wat ek die meeste mis.

http://www.siener.co.za/std_view.php?theme=Red&id=52

Lees gerus hier en google gerus ander artikels oor "nag van die lang messe"

Ek glo en vertrou egter dat hierdie dinge gladnie sal waar word nie.

As hier maar net 'n wildtuin ook kon gewees het, met zebras, olifante, kameelperde en 'n leeu of 2.

Ek het n CD gekry oor die selfde ding.

Ek moet jou se.. ek wil nie daarin glo nie.. want as dit waar gaan wees het ons n probleem...

Ek glo maar en vertrou...

Maar weet jy ons kan seker nie die hele tyd op dit fokus nie.. ons moet aangaan en wag vir die w3onderlike papier werk wat so lank vat.. en dan .. weg is ons na Australia...

Hoop ons almaal is in tyd...

ALIDA

Die probleem met die die goed is, dat self al is die "nag van lang messe " nie formeel georganiseer deur iemand nie, elke nie - blanke het al daarvan gehoor. Soos die vreemdeling haat, het jy net n klein vonkie nodig om die massas aan die gang te kry. Kyk hoe vinnig versprei so iets. Teen die tyd wat die regering / polisie beheer oor so iets kry, is n groot deel van die blanke bevolking uitgewis. Die risiko is dus daar!!!!! Daar is verseker ook genoeg wat openlik so iets sal steun en genoeg haat in hulle het om n groot vonk te verskaf om so iets aan die gang te kry.

That is scary reading material. I can only hope that never happens.

Andre

Yeah, it is scary... but it's not unique in any matter. They've tried it in central Africa with the Portugese and got their asses handed to them when they realized that one needs logistics to keep a ethnic cleansing going on for more than 2 days AND..the other side can also regroup and fight back...

Let's hope they are not that stupid..

• 3 weeks later...
I'd like another button added:

"I'm sick and tired of this :censored:'

Just a thought

Leigh

I would click that button repeatedly too - right up until we board the plane for Oz.

• 1 month later...

I left in the mid seventies. From what I read in these blogs, most people are leaving for the same reasons that I left all those years ago. Crime and lack of opportunites for particular sections of the population is nothing new - its always been entrenched in SA life.

As a blue eyed, white skinned coloured everyday life in SA was a nightmare. Job interviews for me were always interesting; the interviewer would be very interested in me until I produced my papers that were stamped "Coloured Affairs Department". Some would be apologetic and tell me the job was for "Whites Only" others would chastise me for deliberately applying for a job I knew I was not eligible for. So you see a form of Affirmative Action has always been there.

The only difference between then and now is the complexion of the government. George Orwell wrote about this in Animal Farm.

It's true Hellsbells... things have always been lopsided in terms of race in SA (and for ages now wealth-wise too). The more we get the short end of the stick the more we will want to leave for greener pastures! Nothing wrong with leaving, just a pity that all like minded people can't always just pack up and leave.

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say 'we' don't care who the government is as long as it's a fair government and one that actively endeavours to protect its citizens!! (Australia comes to mind :ilikeit:)

And then there is also the fact that most of us wanting to leave enjoys the 'western- or European-way' more than the 'African-way'... and this is Africa ou boet.

the biggest thing for me is leaving SA whilst my family (parents / brother / sister) are still here.

I've lived in the UK for the past 6 years, came back to SA in Jan 08... and to be honest I'm not coping well at all, hence I'm leaving for Aus as soon as the opportunity comes along.

It is just so hard to leave again and the only reason for that is because my family just won't entertain the thought of leaving. I feel so guilty going off, considering I have spent 6 years away from them and now... at 25 years of age I'm about to head off, only this time I really don't see myself coming back to SA.

I'm not one to bash SA, I just feel sick at the feeling of shear guilt, that I'm left with so few options and that ultimately for my own future I feel I need to leave.

I feel angry at the 'cards I've been dealt', and the consequences I'm being forced to face when I've done nothing wrong to deserve this.

Eishh, you are young and have your whole life ahead of you! I understand how you feel, I felt a bit like that too, and it is normal to have these terrible conflicting emotions. Your head pulls you one way and your heart pulls you the other way.

Yes, perhaps you have been dealt a bad hand, but remember that you have youth on your side and you can control your destiny!!! Try not to let the anger get the better of you, it is just so self-destructive ! I work with a SA girl , she is 22, who left SA all alone with one suitcase, she didn't know anyone here, and has been here 6 months and is really happy and doing well.

Hope things work out for you!

I'm not gonna give all the reasons for leaving SA - everyone has already and i concur with them

But we are also going for a new adventure, live in a beautiful country, face new challenges and live our lives to the fullest!

Blue

Lyk my baie mense doen dit maar vir hulle kinders. Ons het nog nie eens kinders nie, maar ons wil beslis hê hulle toekoms moet eendag blinker wees as wat die vooruitsig hier is SA is.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not gonna give all the reasons for leaving SA - everyone has already and i concur with them

But we are also going for a new adventure, live in a beautiful country, face new challenges and live our lives to the fullest!

Blue

Blue, you captured it perfectly for me! I am trying very hard to remain positive!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi ANdre

Can I give you some advice. DO not start focusing on the negative reasons for leaving SOuth africa. Rather get into the habit of getting reasons to stay in Australia. When people ask "why did you leave SOuth Africa" I answer: "Because I had the oppertunity to come to AUstralia! I don't want to be a negative migrant. I want to be a Positive AUstralian! It is a mindset but it makes life easier this side. You know why you left. write it down and keep it folded in your drawer with your underwear. But do not dwell on it!

It is really easy to be happy here! Your reasons for staying will soon outweigh your reasons for leaving South Africa.

Just my opinion!

I moved to England two years ago, and is now going for a final move to Australia. I has been very difficult and it is definately not easy to leave your family in another country. One thing that is extremely difficult is when people in UK ask: How can you leave warm, lovely SA for wet weather England! And every time it breaks my heart!! Yes - you need to write your answer down NOW and remind yourself why you have made the decisions that you've made.

I am not sad that we left SA, I am sad that I had to. My family lives there and all my childhood memories are there. Now we move on to give our children and opportunity to have a future where they can strive.

Look for the positive in life and remembering that the choice I have made is the right one, cause there is no turning back.

SA will always be in my blood and I love the country.

• 4 weeks later...
Can I give you some advice. DO not start focusing on the negative reasons for leaving SOuth africa. Rather get into the habit of getting reasons to stay in Australia. When people ask "why did you leave SOuth Africa" I answer: "Because I had the oppertunity to come to AUstralia! I don't want to be a negative migrant. I want to be a Positive AUstralian! It is a mindset but it makes life easier this side. You know why you left. write it down and keep it folded in your drawer with your underwear. But do not dwell on it!

It is really easy to be happy here! Your reasons for staying will soon outweigh your reasons for leaving South Africa.

Just my opinion!

I know you wrote this ages ago, but I think it is a wonderful piece of advice!! :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

So many South Africans who are planning on leaving want to remember the negative things in SA they have left behind, and you are SO right, focus on the positive!!

Well said.... :ilikeit: :ilikeit: