2. 2. The Future

• We will be finacially better-off in OZ
    • We will have better jobs in OZ
    • It is for the future of our kids
    • I hate everthing about SA
    • We think we will lose everything here in Africa
    • We are fed up with BEE
    • There is no place for white South Africans here

mmm was going to post something else .... but changed my mind!

Trying to focus on the positive and not too much on the negative. Being observant & watchful as we need to stick around for a few months before leaving, so need to keep safe.

looking forward to ALL the benifits of a 1st world country

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• No Worries Mate

• wislon

• Biker

• KimH

Aramat

mmmmm...ok. Say what u wanna say mate?

Andre

OK.. at the risk of having my head bitten off:

I was going to say that they are slowly but surely achieving their objective: taking what (they believe to be) is theirs and getting rid of the minority. RSA is experiencing what happened in Rohdesia, just at a slower rate. (I was born in Rohdesia so this is my secod emigration, this time I'm making sure we leave the continent)

Been a victim, more than once posted our last experience that happened to us on the 24th Sept 2007 that reinforced our decision to leave on the forum a while ago. Thankfully we weren't injured but it couldv'e turned out very badly.

But back to the positive: Got the visa & will begin the count down to our adventure in oz as soon as we've got a date!

I agree.....we will loose everything here!

Andre

Me agrees with Aramat.

Also been there, seen that .... just from another african country.

So the black guy turns round looks us up and down with this grin on his face and says " We are just waiting for Mandela to die, then it is free for all"

I came in a little late with this discussion, here is my 2c worth.

My 13 year old comes home from school and informs me that when Mandela dies there is going to be a 7 day rampage where, black will kill white, indians and every other race. She then adds, not to worry we will ask Dad to make a basement under the house so we can hide.

I was at a complete loss of words and believe me this does not happen often. So when I read what this chap said, I'm starting to think is he really joking? Could be, I am melodramatic but 1 + 1 = 2.

My apologies for the negative, but felt there is no positive in a grown, eductated man making a remark like that.

Mandy

My 13 year old comes home from school and informs me that when Mandela dies there is going to be a 7 day rampage where, black will kill white, indians and every other race. She then adds, not to worry we will ask Dad to make a basement under the house so we can hide.

I was at a complete loss of words and believe me this does not happen often. So when I read what this chap said, I'm starting to think is he really joking? Could be, I am melodramatic but 1 + 1 = 2.

My apologies for the negative, but felt there is no positive in a grown, eductated man making a remark like that.

Mandy

Yes however it still doesnt make what the white oke did alright either!!! :ilikeit: makes you think why he got the reaction that he did maybe the"black" guy had a gutsful!!

Edited by just4thisAussie

Yes however it still doesnt make what the white oke did alright either!!! :whome: makes you think why he got the reaction that he did maybe the"black" guy had a gutsful!!

I'm sure that if the white guy had a "gutsful" as you put it and threatened the black guy in a similar way with killing all black people, it would be headline news, with the white guy being accused of racism, and sparking a nationwide outcry about why the rainbow nation can't work when white people has such a racist mindset...

Definately looking seriously at leaving; where I was the one that said to Hubby " no way"

Now I am the one doing the investigating....

Crime, been fortunate not too harmed by it....yet!!!

And that is the catch - as it is becoming a sport....

Except temperature : what is the main difference between Oz and New Zealand?

Hi, just to quickly add something:

Don't know if anybody has heard of or read the book: "Siener, boodskapper van God." That was one of the "dreams" he had of what will happen in SA in the very near future. That and alot of other horrible stuff, but apparently all will be well again for the "boer". Interesting read - to be reccommended. Will be interesting to hear other peoples thoughts. I personally don't know what to make of it. In the mean time, I am quite happy to be out of there, working on the family to come also, and maybe, one day... all of us CAN go back to a land of milk and honey again (according to Siener van Rensburg).

Cheers, BB

No to be negative....but I can hardly see that happening myself

A

Please just give me the chance to be negative and do it well while I'm in SA and have all the good reasons to be so, then when I get to Oz I can focus on being positive cause I have been all negatived-out.

I think this can work for everyone and world peace will be just around the corner... :(

The AA "security guards" (and I use that term loosely) at the gate of our complex took a photo of the back of my car yesterday, .....

I used to feel a bit more secure with these guys "monitoring" (and now I use that term loosely too) the entrance/exit of the complex. But after hearing some other horror stories about these guys it makes me wonder if they're not putting out some sort of "sales brochure" to the various robbers/hijackers/syndicates in the area.

And the looks I got this morning when I drove out to work... man, I'd probably be dead by now if they'd been able to translate those thoughts into immediate action.

And now of course we have the added bonus of making sure we're not being followed when we come into or leave the complex.

I hate this place. The visa can't come fast enough. :ilikeit:

The company I worked for had 3 robberies in a year. Al the computers and small valuables stolen. After a while things were dissapearing during the day as well. The security were the only ones who had access. So we got a few webcams connected to laptops, but recorded the video using motion detection softwareon a server in a locked safe. One guy left R50 on a table in a place where security were not supposed to go. In the morning the laptops were gone. On the video the gaurd could be seen picking up the money, talking to his friend. Both laughed and went on looking for other valuables. Then one saw one of the laptops, and noticed it was displaying where he was. So they both went outside. Then the laptop could be seen moving and the camera caught eh gaurd in the reflection (clear as daylight ) plulling it all out of the window. The company was approached and the police. Apparently becuase the money was bait the video could not be used.

Our neighbour used to tell the security company when he went away. Everytime a burglary. I told him not to, but to tell us. No more burglaries. Ussually they are so badly paid and bored or disinterested during work, they have lots of time to plan robberies.

One weekend I arrived and the gaurds were sitting in the canteen drinking beer from the fridge :thumbdown::lol:

All I can say is that it surely would be nice not to live in this fear all the time.

My seuntjie is 4 en op die 'hoekom?' stadium en ek het nie meer antwoorde oor hoekom ons versigtig moet wees en hoekom party mense 'stout' is nie. Hy dink die polisie is 'cool' en almal wat sleg is, gaan tronk toe, selfs as ek te vinnig ry op die N1, sal hulle my vang en in die tronk stop. Ek verbeel my dit was so (toe ek nog klein was), of is dit maar net wat mens glo as jy nog klein is?

I'm probably gonna get SLAMMED for this, but I am offended by people on the forum who are already IN Australia, who takes offence to this post or are bored by it.

We're not all there yet. For many of us this is still an issue we need to talk about.

Can I recommend we all try to remember where we come from, even if we are not there anymore??

I'm sure that when the guys who are in Aus already were in the process, they had these thoughts and feeling as well and had the freedom to discuss it. Come on - spare a thought for those not that fortunate yet

(And no, I'm not posting this 'cause I'm in SA, I just understand where the guys who are still there, are coming from)

VERY BRAVE OF YOU...considering how I was slammed for saying the same thing!

Good luck

A

Reason for leaving SA? Not having to deal with Home(less) Affairs!!!!! :rolleyes:

I can think of about 40 million reasons to leave South Africa.

I have just voted. We are leaving because after 14 years the scars of armed robbery have never gone away and since then numerous crimes committed against us, my family and my friends. I have 5 siblings and out of the six of us only one has escaped violent crime. These statistics are shocking. I am paranoid and am tired of living behind bars. My kids have told me not to say I am leaving to give them a better future as this makes them feel guilty. This they will have to decide when we get to Aus because they do not know what it is like to grow up with no fear and to be free. We don't let them out of our sight, we spend our lives fetching and carrying to protect them. Next year my daughter leaves home and I cannot face the sleepless nights worrying if she is being raped or highjacked. Not only does this exhaust us but they feel that we are over protective. I really hope that once we get out of SA they will realise how much fun growing up can be. It will give them an opportunity to get another passport which will open doors for them.

As far as work is concerned, we will not be better off to start with but the job offer is a new challenge and it will open many doors if all goes well. We are treating this as an adventure. If it fails we will make the next decision. My husbands biggest heart ache is getting rid of his "toys". I am passed this and really don't care.

I am going to be a road rage case soon as I can't handle the lawlessness. I would get on the plane tomorrow just to be able to not feel threatened 24 hours a day.

Penny

I've never been all that keen on leaving SA. However, I recently went on holiday to Oz and I loved it there. I finally saw what South Africa lacks - a nation that respects one another, a socieity that is law abiding, relaxed friendly and calm. There doesn't seem to be that pentup aggression and anger that exists in SA - Joburg especially. I mean the only time we were ever hooted at was when a young man alerted us to the fact that our tyre need to be pumped up! That's the kind of society I want my children (not that I have any just yet) to grow up in. My bf and I are just 27 years old - we see an oppotunity to improve our quality of life - and darnit were are taking it!

Decision to immigrate on Skilled Migrant Subclass 176: 3/04/08

Application for David's passport and our unabridged birth certificates: 9/04/08

Application for IELTS tests for both of us: 12/04/08

... Here we go :rolleyes:

Hi Penny

Just interested - how come you stayed for so long (14 years) after the robbery ? I would not be able to cope !!! I read an article yesterday on News 24 - the mom was raped, while her 6 year old son was tied up on the bed next to her. PIGS !!!!! I actually vomitted.

www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,,2-7-1442_2300858,00.html

I can't wait to get the hell out of here and for my family and I to live without fear and paranoia.

I would never have waited 14 years if my family had been through the trauma you have been through - very brave Penny.

Reason for leaving SA - There is no Huisgenoot tydskrif in Oz.

Not brave at all but STUPID. I should have left a long time ago. The main reason was that my parents were still alive. I now don't have that but my husband does and he is battling to come to terms with it. Fortunately his mother is in Namibia and only sees her once a year which he can still do from Aussie. Also my kids were small and I felt I could protect them but now they are teenages and I can't protect them anymore ( although I want to!!!!)

My whole family is telling me to go as I have become very bitter. As I said in my previous post I am a candidate for road rage. I was brought up in a very liberal and fair home and now I can't stand what I am seeing - the arrogance, corruption and hatred. If they were any different the crime would be manageable like other countries and it would not be violent and cruel.

We have a politician living two houses away. She kept her dogs tied up and they cried all day, everyday. I could not stand it. I tried the SPCA and the police but they would not intervene. When I tackled her about it, she said that as she pays her rates she can do what she likes and that I must stop interfering. This is the mentality I cannot live with!!!! I am eternally grateful that the Anti-cruelty league responded to my phone call and made them release the dogs.

Not brave at all but STUPID. I should have left a long time ago. The main reason was that my parents were still alive. I now don't have that but my husband does and he is battling to come to terms with it. Fortunately his mother is in Namibia and only sees her once a year which he can still do from Aussie. Also my kids were small and I felt I could protect them but now they are teenages and I can't protect them anymore ( although I want to!!!!)

Leaving parents behind is heartbreaking. My dad passed away 2 years ago, my mom is not coping very well and my hubby still has both his parents, they are getting on in years, so it is a big worry.....