2. 2. The Future

• We will be finacially better-off in OZ
    • We will have better jobs in OZ
    • It is for the future of our kids
    • I hate everthing about SA
    • We think we will lose everything here in Africa
    • We are fed up with BEE
    • There is no place for white South Africans here

I read an article yesterday on News 24 - the mom was raped, while her 6 year old son was tied up on the bed next to her. PIGS !!!!! I actually vomitted.

I can't wait to get the hell out of here and for my family and I to live without fear and paranoia.

Hope you will soon be able to put these fears and worries behind you. I need to read comments like your to remind me why i took my family 12 years ago and left South Africa for a safer Australia.

Myself, whether I'm a male or not, felt like vomiting as well.

But I also would like a chance to make those rapists vomit in turn, for when I'm finished with them they will only be able to sing in girls' choirs.

Cheers,

Dax

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• No Worries Mate

• wislon

• Biker

• KimH

Absolutely terrible!

Cannot wait to put this sort of stuff behind me.....

A

We've just collected our 457 visas, have booked our flights, and have ~3 weeks left in this place. We are counting the days...

So jealous but also happy for you Wislon!!

Let us know how Brisbane is when you get there ok?

Kim

Sad to see so many negative things on the poll. So I couldn't really vote.

I wanted to see more "International Community", "Traveling", "Live in the outback" etc etc etc.

I wish you all the best.

We had our LSD trip this March 2008.and I hope that we will be ready to go at the beginning of the next year.

It is nerve recking ,but I can not wait.

Branka

I am so glad that we took that big step to move over to Australia, last week the people at work were horrified with a "small" attack that had taken place. It was such a great feeling having that convesation with people who were horrified, in SA it just became part of your daily dinner talk.

I love being able to get up at 5am and go for a walk and nobody cares. It is a hard move over but when you are standing at the beach with your child with not a care in the world, you will remember why you are here.

I think this power cuts is now superceded only by my lack of tolerance towards the incomptence of Africa. Ek sal persoonlik daai dom wetter wat verantwoordelik was 8 jaar gelede oor krag se hare een vir en met tweezer uittrek as ek hom ooit innie hande kry.

Every thursday - or Tuesday & saturday on alternative weeks - from 18:00 - 22:00 I have no power.

So, how does other people deal with children that needs feeding, homework that need to be done?

The latest on the power thing is I hear Eskom is going to hand out 19 million low wattage bulbs...yes you read right 19 million. ( I do work for Eskom and we try to help them with fixing this mess.......this is NOT what I would do!!!)

Now how the hell will that help long term. The bulbs do NOT last 10 years and as soon as our brothers need to replace one, which one will they buy....the cheapest....the one they have right now.

Also they will sell them!!!!!

So slowly but surely we will go back to where we are now.

Biker I agree.. Africa will never sort out its problems!! And I also would love to clap that oke that caused all this crap in the first place!

Actually one of the biggest reasons for me as to why I am leaving...

IT IS BECAUSE I HAVE MY VISA... :ilikeit::unsure:

Actually one of the biggest reasons for me as to why I am leaving...

IT IS BECAUSE I HAVE MY VISA... :whome::whome:

:lol::rolleyes::):ilikeit:

• 3 weeks later...

Scary that so many people have been hit with serious crime!

At least we have been lucky with that. Just a laptop stolen about 2 months ago....

A

Somebody climbed over our fence the other day, in broad day light. Luckily our alarm was still set, with us in the house and the neighbours saw the whole thing. They made such a noise that the guy fled. ADT, after 1 hour had not responded, so we wrote them a complaint and now have their services for free for three months plus the guys on call that day and the supervisor had a disciplinary hearing! We are putting up electric fencing, the first in our area and all the neighbours gave consent. My next door neighbour pleaded with my husband not to decide to emigrate. I spoke to a colleague in Johannesburg. What comes after electric fencing? ( We already have the best burglar bars and of course ADT. Had to put fire alarms in so we don't get caught inside.). Apparently they hire an "armed" guard between every three houses for R4000 per month. If you want a real armed one it wil cost R28 000 per month!!!

Wrote IELTS. Next step unabridged birth certificates and army discharge letters for hubby and me.

In my opinion ADT is pretty useless, and it would be the last company I approach if ever I need armed response again...

And I thought the list was comprehensive!

Not realising that now we should add "Xenophobic attacks " to the list.

Ai, ai,ai

Andre

I'd like another button added:

"I'm sick and tired of this :censored:'

Just a thought

Leigh

I'd tick that option repeatedly for the next 12 months.

If only I could add a few..... :blink::whome:

Eskom you can add...

Telkom you can add...

iBurst you can add...

Service and support you can add...

taxi's you can add...

Must I go on? That is not even from the top of my head yet...

Or you can add-

If you live in SA, you would understand...

Bead

Decided today that I will not miss South Africa (family and friend yes, but not the rest!)

Does anyone in this country still know what good service is???? :ph34r: It doesn't even help to complain because the managers are so poorly trained and inexperienced that they just look at you with big eyes :whome: and not even apologize for the inconvenience that is of their making. Grrrrrrrr.....!!!!

Oh and did I mention the utter ignorance of traffic rules???? (there is not a yellow face with smoke blowing out the ears!!!)

Ah well, packing up shop next week!!! :D :D :D 6 weeks to go and I am out of here!!! :ilikeit:

Decided today that I will not miss South Africa (family and friend yes, but not the rest!)

Does anyone in this country still know what good service is???? :D It doesn't even help to complain because the managers are so poorly trained and inexperienced that they just look at you with big eyes :ph34r: and not even apologize for the inconvenience that is of their making. Grrrrrrrr.....!!!!

Oh and did I mention the utter ignorance of traffic rules???? (there is not a yellow face with smoke blowing out the ears!!!)

Ah well, packing up shop next week!!! :D :D :D 6 weeks to go and I am out of here!!! :ilikeit:

I'd like to add an option:

Oz is great! :whome:

Lets forget about the :D on this side...

We are leaving for the future of our kids. My first option was Canada but it takes too long to get PR there.

Australia was our second choice but we have now decided that Australia is the place to go and we have embraced our decision.

I have family there and friends in Sydney so I know we will be very happy there.

I love South Africa, whatever problems there are will hopefully be fixed someday. But I cannot gamble my kids future on hope. But I will always say a prayer for the country of my birth on Sunday at church.

I'd like to add an option:

Oz is great! :rolleyes:

Lets forget about the :huh: on this side...

Ek stem saam

Lets forget about the :whome: on this side...

ALIDA