It actually happened to us....

Brisbie

Brisbie

Our Prayers are with you and your family.Be strong and you and your Family is in our prayers :rolleyes:

Dis regtig moeilik om nog t ese want ek is spraaksaam!Hoop julle almal gaan COUNSELLING kry aan die einde van die dag om jul en die kiddies hier deur te help.Natuurlik ook met die krag van die Here.

BAIE STERKTE :holy::ilikeit:

xxxx

Edited by Ursie

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikej

• Michele R

• Milada (Ms Maritz)

• Jeanne

Guest wilna

Brisbie, daar is nie veel meer wat ek kan sê nie, ek kan my nie eers voorstel hoe julle moet voel nie ........ :rolleyes:

Ons sal vir julle bid dat alles goed sal gaan en dat die tyd sommer verby vlieg tot julle op die vliegtuig klim.

Sterkte, julle gaan baie gelukkig wees in Aus.

You are in my thoughts.

We are waiting here on the other side, your life will be so completely different.

I was so angry after I read about what happened to you. My heart goes out to you and your family, I hope you will be very happy here in Oz, and your kids will be free to grow up and move about as they please without any fear. A new life awaits you here, and you can put the bad experiences behind you! Vasbyt julle is amper hier, and I am sure the SA families in your area will welcome you with open arms.

Dear Brisbie

As I wipe the tears from my eyes, I cannot imagine the hurt and pain that you and your family are going through, not much longer and you will be on safe ground. On your arrival in Australia you will feel the biggest sense of relief that you and your family are safe at last and I hope that this gives you all the strength you need to move forward into a normal life. Be strong. Our thoughts are with you.

Noele

Hi brisbie,

OMG, I had no idea that this awful attack involved one of our members! Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Your story is well known here - I read it out to all my colleagues and they were horrified at the viciousness of the assault, so in addition to me, you have a bunch of Aussies all pulling for you now too.

Hang in there - it's less than a month away and you'll be able to start rebuilding your lives again. Get some counselling for you and your family if you can - you need to process and deal with it. I was involved in an attack in 1997 (also in Midrand - I'm from there too) and initally, I pooh-poohed the idea of talking it through with a professional. But PTSD is a real and debilitating illness, and after a couple of months I realised I needed help to get over it.

Please feel free to PM me if you need a broad shoulder - otherwise, prepare to have a brilliant life over here in the near future

Love

Ajay

Gosh what can I say.......I feel so bad for you. I have no words.

C

Monday 10th March received visas, Wednesday 12th four armed attackers entered our home. And for 2 agonising hours tortured myself and my family. I cannot express how I feel right now. Everything is too fresh in my mind, smell, sound and pain. Never in my life do I want to see a gun against the heads of my children again. (News24 Robbers burn mon, dad with iron).

Brisbie en familie

Ek voel opreg seer saam met julle...

In die geval kan ek sê ek weet presies waardeur julle gaan. Want ons is deur dieselfde traumatiese ondervinding (2 keer, 18 maande uit mekaar). Ek sien nog die haat in hulle oë, ek hoor nog die arrogansie in hulle stemme en ek beleef nog die skoppe en klappe toe ek wegruk van die warm yster en nie wou toelaat dat hy my brand nie!!

Maar genoeg van dit - julle weet waarvan ek praat.

Vir my was die ergste om die pyn in my man se oë te sien toe hy hulpeloos vasgebind lê met 'n vuurwapen teen sy kop en magteloos om iets te doen om my te help...

Daardie pyn om as "beskermer" van jou familie nie instaat te wees om te help nie hoef jy nooit weer hier te voel nie. Jy gaan jou kinders sien grootword in 'n veilige omgewing. Op 'n stadium sal julle wonde heel word en selfs die emosionele letsels sal ligter word. Maar praat soveel as moontlik daaroor al wil niemand later meer luister nie. Kry dit uit julle sisteem en let asb. op die tekens van post traumatiese stres (soos Ajay ook genoem het). Kry verseker hulp vir jou kinders... Selfs nou 3 jaar na ons ondervinding en 18 maande van vrede en veiligheid in Aus kom die angs party keer onverwags terug.

Ek en my man is egter nuwe mense! Ons waardeer die lewe en ons geniet die sorgeloosheid soveel dat ek sommer na donker op die strand sal gaan loop - net omdat ek kan!

Baie baie sterkte vir julle herstel-proses. Elke situasie is uniek en al kan ons saam met julle voel moet julle nog steeds self deur die hele proses werk. En dit vat baie tyd. Ek is so dankbaar dat julle binnekort uit die omgewing gaan wees en kan begin met julle nuwe lewe in Aus!

Wees sterk en kyk vorentoe!

Dear Brisbie and family,

What can I say? I am so sorry for the trauma that you have all been thru.....................I pray for your very speedy and safe arrival in Australia as soon as possible.

Hopefully, this will become some distant memory one day.

I pray that your and your family will be kept safe, and that no further harm comes to you all.

My prayers are with you.

Dear Brisbie & family

I am speechless.

My prayers will be with you and your family during this time.

I know that you must not hate, but it is so difficult not to.

My thoughts are with you.

You are in our thoughts, we lost a family member due to senseless violence here in SA it is the reason we are leaving.

Candice

Edited by candivw

Hi Brisbie en familie

Ek het julle storie in die Beeld gelees toe ek vir my man 'n broodjie gaan koop het Vrydag oggend by Engen (woolies).

Behalwe dat ek daar en dan vir julle gebid het voel mens so magteloos om julle pyn te help dra.

Mens se gees voel so verslae.

John10:10

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows)

Mag hierdie vol lewe deel word van julle toekoms. Sterkte vir julle journey.

Lewe

I am so very sorry that this happened to your family.

I pray for you, and I know that your life in Aus will be the start of a new and safe journey.

Guest Aussiegirl

Hi Brisbie

I'm so sorry this happened to your family. I can imagine no worse horror!! I told my parents about this and they too were sad for your family.

I will pray for God's healing on you and your family and that you leave RSA safely.

God bless you and keep you

Much love

Natalie

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Words fail me. All I can say is that I wish you all the best for your new life in Aus.

Nothing I say will make this horrible nightmare any better. It makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Sending your family hugs and love.

Michele

i have no words, and it was something hubby and i discussed last week and the trauma with it...

i am so so sorry for you and your family and glad you are alive...i can't even imagine.....

Dear Brisbie & Family,

I hope and pray that you will be able to put this horrible event behind you, that it will not hinder you in your preparations for the move, and that you will be able to settle in Oz quickly and find your new HOME and will be able to live your lifes to the fullest .

didl

OMG our prayers for strength love and courage are with you and your family!

How are your children ?????????????

Be strong!

Dear Brisbie

Whilst reading the article and looking at the photos the press took, my heart went out to this family - not realising that is one of our forumite families. Today I want to say I am sorry for what you and the entire family endured and if I could fix it I would. But it is now history and I pray that you will look to the future with great expectation.

Take time to heal, talk to everyone if you have to, check that the children are okay, and hopefully when you do look back sometime in the future there will be memories worth remembering too.

Thinking and praying for you.

Cross Clan

OMG!!! My wife and I were talking about the news report and just expressing our absolute shock that human beings can act in this manner,......never realised that it happened to someone here on this forum.

Everybody had already said what I wanted to say.....but we really feel for you and hope and pray with you that you can get away and recover completely from this. How are your children holding up??

Edited by ronfire

Dear Brisbie,

Our prayers are with you and your family. May you land in Australia sooner rather than later. Know that even if the criminals don't get caught, one day they will have to face the Higher Judge.

May you find peace in your heart.

Lurinda & Wicus

Oh Brisbie :hug: . I read that article and wondered who would do such a sick, sick thing?

I don't want to say thank God that you are alive, because we do that all too often in SA. It is a complete knee-jerk reaction, as if everything else is OK, as long as you survived. But it isn't OK! What happened to you is so wrong and unjust on so many levels.

My heart goes out to you and your family.

((HUGE HUGE HUGS))

I can't seem to find any adequate words of comfort, but I am thinking of you and your family.

Edited by Gizmo

I'm so sorry this happened to you and your family.

Please get all the counselling you can get during the year ahead of you to help you all heal emotionally.

Dear Brisbie

:unsure:

My prayers are with you and your family, may your new life in Aus be filled with lots of love and happiness.