It actually happened to us....

Brisbie

Oh my what can I say, I only just introducted myself and family a few days ago, letting the world know that we have our visas finally.

Monday 10th March received visas, Wednesday 12th four armed attackers entered our home. And for 2 agonising hours tortured myself and my family. I cannot express how I feel right now. Everything is too fresh in my mind, smell, sound and pain. Never in my life do I want to see a gun against the heads of my children again. (News24 Robbers burn mon, dad with iron).

Thursday the company informed us we are flying 11th April. I really pray we make it - so close yet so far.

Thank you for the replies to my question earlier. I am using friends computers right now, so I will answer eventually....

I must say I really needed to comunicate with you all as I really am feeling quite sore now, makes me feel its the family I never had.

Will keep in touch

Please stay save and well

Brisbie

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikej

• Michele R

• Milada (Ms Maritz)

• Jeanne

Guest natalie3

I dont really know what to say..my husband and myself were so upset when we heard of your family's ordeal...my domestic worker is very religious and started crying when i told her what the robbers said to you..

Be strong now in knowing u will soon be gone...and safe in australia where your family can thrive and literally live happily ever after.

My thoughts and prayers are genuinely with you. :ilikeit:

Our hearts go out to you and your family and we can only thank the Lord that you are alive.

I go to bed every night with the fear of it happening to us

Hope Oz is everything you want and more and enjoy the peacefull sleep there :ilikeit:

Candi and Mau

Brisbie, I feel so for all of you, I don't know if anything anyone can say can make it better, but just know our thoughts and prayers are with you. May your new life in Aus be filled with much happiness and no fear.

To be honest when I read the article on News 24 i wondered whether you were on the forum.

Thank you for sharing your story, even though you must still feel terribly traumatised.

You know you are doing the right thing, may you be blessed with a safe journey over to Oz...

All the best, and take care

Red

I am so sorry for the hell you have been through!!! are you taking your parents with you to Oz?

Hi Brisbie,

There really are no words.. I'm so sorry.

You will be safe and you will make it - with so many prayers surrounding you and your family, there can be no doubt.

It's just some days away.. stay as brave as you are.

Love and prayers,

.Battiss and family.

We know the Lord will be with you and your family. Thank you for sharing your story....it can happen to any one of us.

Brisbie

My hubby told me about this on Friday and said we need this visa sooner than later. I was appalled when he told me, through the wounds I pray for healing for you and your family, it is a time you need to go through taht nobody us able to comprehend, so I am not sure what to say, except I am sorry

God bless and may the 11th of April come quickly

Brad & Nicki

It's just wrong.

Nobody should have to go through that and being safe should be a basic right. I'm really sorry to hear about your ordeal, and glad that you're all ok.

It won't be long now. Just think of how safe you'll be once you get to Aus.

Brisbie, I feel so for all of you, I don't know if anything anyone can say can make it better, but just know our thoughts and prayers are with you. May your new life in Aus be filled with much happiness and no fear.

Brisbie

Good luck to you and your family with dealing with the trauma. When I read in the newspaper about your horrible experience it just convinced me once again that we're doing the right thing!

You are really in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourselves and make sure you deal with the emotional impact of it all.

Sonja

Ek wil skryf maar die woorde wil nie kom nie. Blame it on the emotional submarine I am in at present. Know I have to come up for air, but can't bring myself to it.

Wil net se sorry, jammer, en julle 'n collective drukkie gee.

Kiti

Ai. We've read the news article Saturday morning before going to Pretoria for the weekend. It was horrific and can't imagine what you went through. And I don't have much words, just know that we are all thinking of you. Keep well.

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/...2287889,00.html

Hi Brisbie

Words cannot express the horror at what you have been through. Thank God that you are still alive to tell the tale and that you can recover from this ordeal in the safety of a country like Australia. You and your family are in my thoughts and I wish you all the best

I'm with Kat on this one, I want to say sorry I want to say something that will make the hurt go away but words fail me!!

I pray God keeps you safe and heals your wounds.

Lots of love

See you in Bisbane

Nilo

My thoughts and prayers are with you!!! I read the article yesterday (I think) and was deeply shocked! There is nothing in this world that can justify what happened to you and your family! I just hope and pray that you will all be safe here until you leave and also (very importantly) that you will heal completely from this whole ordeal once you are on Australian soil. May you as a family grow stronger and closer in this time!

It just breaks my heart!!

Hold on to the hope you have, our thoughts and prayers are with you!

Brisbie, i just spoke about what has happened to you and your family today ! It is so unfortunate that this happened to you just before you leave on probably the biggest adventure of your life ever. Just know that our lives are mapped out for us so long in advance, this was just the last confirmation that your families future is not here. Our prayers are with you and your fam, may your new life erase the bad memories eventually x

Dear Brisbie and Family,

We are so sorry about your ordeal. When we read about this, we just sat dumstruck for a long time. I couldn't stop crying for this unknown family and what they all had endured.

I pray for your safety and peace of mind. We hold you all in our thoughts and hope that the children will be able to put this memory far behind them, very soon. We are glad that your flights are booked and wish a speedy and safe time till then.

All the best and hugs for all of you.

So sorry to hear about your ordeal.We read about it on the internet while living and working here in the UK and was horrified! I showed it to some of my colleagues at work and they could not believe that crime of this nature actually does happen in SA. What striked me was your words quoted in the newspaper that it happened to you and your family and the rest of SA is awaiting their turn... :rolleyes: The problem is YOU ARE RIGHT!

Good luck with the last arrangements - you and your family are in our prayers!

Guest Bronwyn

Hi there Brisbie

I didn't know you were the lady asking about the schools only a few days ago :rolleyes: .

Your family has touched hearts all over the world, do you know that? Just last night I sms'ed my sister about your story (to beg them to hurry up and complete their visa application).

You guys have been through our worst nightmare.

Like everyone else, I wish I had words to help you or could come and give you a big hug. Please get lots of help for you and your children. When you sit on that plane, you will feel huge relief rush over you.

Please be strong, and try and stay on the forum and let us know how you are doing?

Bronwyn

Brisbie

People from all over the world are outraged for you and your family

Our Prayers are with you and your family

Look Forward and grow strong

Keep those who remain behind in your prayers

Follow the link below to the SAUSA postings

http://www.sausa.org/index.php?showtopic=5365&hl=

Look forward to hearing your progress in your new life

Edited by Coyote Ugly