How much $$$ do you earn per annum?

Willie en Liezl

How much $$$ do you earn per annum?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. How much AUS $ do you earn per annum (Cost to Company)?

• <40000
    • 40001 - 50000
    • 50001 - 60000
    • 60001 - 70000
    • 70001 - 80000
    • 80001 - 90000
    • 90001 - 100000
    • 100001 - 110000
    • 110001 - 120000
    • 120001 - 130000
    • 130001 - 140000
    • 140001 - 150000
    • >150000
  2. 2. How much SA Rand do you earn per annum (Cost to Company)?

• <100000
    • 100001-150000
    • 150001-200000
    • 200001-250000
    • 250001-300000
    • 300001 - 350000
    • 350001 - 400000
    • 400001 - 450000
    • 450001 - 500000
    • 500001 - 550000
    • 500001 - 600000
    • >600001
  3. 3. What expenses were paid for?

• None
    • Flights
    • Shipping

We are still in SA and have alot of Ozzie friends and family... no one of our Ozzie friends or their friends that we have met have ever had a problem in discussing their finances... Our friends and family in SA however is another story. :whome:

My 2 c

Phil g

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• no longer interested

• Dugong

• JanCPT

• Gizmo

I have to agree with the others here... if you don't like the poll, you (a) didn't have to read it, and (:rolleyes: don't have to vote.

Personally, I found it interesting to see the salaries.

If we had a problem with sharing the info - we wouldn't do it.

This forum is, after all, for being honest with each other and sharing as much info as we can to help each other.

This poll was posted innocently - don't turn it into something it isn't.

L

I found it very interesting to see the figures. When one changes country it is difficult to know what a livable wage is e.g. if you were earning millions of Zim dollars a month that wouldnt get you very far. By people giving an indication of the salary they are earning it has helped me to get some perspective on the salaries offered for advertised posts e.g. is that livable or not. I have read these sites that give ranges of salaries but often find that quite useless as I have no perspective as to what sort of people they are referring to by those scales e.g. experiences, juniors etc.

If you dont feel comfortable sharing the info dont - no harm, no foul, for those who did thank you, you have given me some perspective.

Hi,

This topic is really getting hot!!

I saw the poll when it was first posted. I was not comfortable to vote, so didn't. I have never felt comfortable discussing salaries/packages, not even with my closest friends or family. In this instance I'm being bit silly, I know, seeing as it's anonymous!

However I can see that the poll could definitely add value to those folk who are still "doing the sums".

So each to his own...use it or lose it!! ;)

Take care and a big hug to all! :whome:

zorba

:whome:

I have to agree with the others here... if you don't like the poll, you (a) didn't have to read it, and (:whome: don't have to vote.

Personally, I found it interesting to see the salaries.

If we had a problem with sharing the info - we wouldn't do it.

This forum is, after all, for being honest with each other and sharing as much info as we can to help each other.

This poll was posted innocently - don't turn it into something it isn't.

L

Leigh.. I didn't turn it something it isn't..This again is about the fact that it is no ones business as to what you earn. I notice your not in Aus as yet and as such and haven't as yet had the wonderful chance to add your roots into the ground as so havent been able to absorb the Aussie culture... yes whilst polls are useful.. Ii STRESS as I have many times that you can get this info on the appropriate sites. And as for how much you earn using a poll like this can easily be skewed in other words salaries could easily be talked either up or down and also until you actually start earning Aussie Dollars and living in Aussie paying for your daily keep this poll would be relatively meaningless as your salary in Brisbane may have more earning power = better coverage towards living, where as your salary in Sydney may have a great earning power but average coverage towards living as the cost of living is so different in each region, regardless of salaries offered

just4thisAussie

I think you need to chill out. Some of us need some reassurance that we'll be ok financially. For me, this pole does exactly that. You are entitled to your opinion but if you don't like the poll, hit the back button on your browser and leave those of us that get something out of it be.

I find it interesting. We all want to know more or less how much money you need to survive and it's nice to know averages, I think. I am not offended. At the moment I cannot vote, but hopefully I will be able to soon, 'cause that will mean we have left the country!

I just love the way most of you are entitled to your opinion, but woe on us that have our opinion regarding the fact that we thinking its none of your business how much we earned in SA or are earning in OZ.

Grow up guys get on with the job of migrating stop fighting!!!!!! :rolleyes:

You all need to take a chill pill

This is getting ridiculous!!!

Tell me, if you are at a party where there are lots of small groups of people having different conversations.

You happen to pass by a group of doctors who are comparing the various techniques of abortions. Do you barge into the circle and tell them all how much this conversation offends you as you are anit-abortion, or do you go and find a conversation which you can actively contribute to and enjoy?

Sorry, but while you have every right to your opinion and to be offended, you have NO right to demand that others don't speak about these things!!! Do you feel that you have a right to sensor other peoples conversations? :blink:

You have the choice to either contribute to the conversation in a meaningful way, or if you don't like the conversation, don't join it!!! It is amazing that the people who seem to be so deeply offended by this post, keep coming back and reading it... :rolleyes:

Guest natalie3

Good for u Gizmo!..u hit the nail right on the head :rolleyes:

I think some people just want to fight and argue on the forum..ive noticed that ignoring them and continuing with the conversation tends to work..just pretend they didnt post..thats what i do....i can easily see the difference between an opinion and an argument..

I know I will get into trouble for this, but I agree with both of you - This has become very amusing now, amazing how many " Australians don't do this..." statements float around when convenient ...

Money - cause no one talks about salary, how much anything they have costs, prices, holidays etc - not sure how the shops have the gaul to put prices on goods!!

Salary - australia stats invent numbers as it is to rude to ask the population, and job hunting and contracts are a real problem, because no one mentions the pay - it just transports by magic into your account - even the SAP ledger doesn't know how much, as for salary surveys - Oh my.... there are law suits of rudenss and infringement of personal privacy all across australia as large corporates world wide are being taken for millions!!!

Don't care about status - so I guess that no brands sell there, no such concept as stars, celebs and everything is local made or home-grown. Kiilie M isn't really from australia, because she certainly doesn't conform to this image!!! She must be from South AFrica right?

Houses - well the outside anyway, not sure how real estate agents sell properties in Aus? No-one actually looks at at this... and people there don't care where they live - some by complete accident have landed themselves in million dollar appartments in town by compelte accident and others not - wow!! the land of luck and opportuntiy!!! No one actually works hard to acheive any of these things.

Education - espcially as private schools are all crap, so guess all the private schools have closed already - no students right?

and last but not least, they are the only nation in the world to have reached the nervana of complete social integration where Dr's and hobo's stand around the same camp fire without any difference in social standing. Everyone world wide has something to learn!!

It is only South Africans that have these problems. :rolleyes::blink: :blink:

Enough now !! my goodness, this is an information share forum, not a 'attack and destroy' forum. If somebody sets up a pole and you feel it's offensive....move along. If you want to participate, do so........

We are all stressed, we would not be on this forum if we all did not have the same thing in mind - going to OZ, wanting to go, already there, etc.

So let's all try and get along and share what we can :blink:

Moderators won't you please edit this post and take all the negativity away and leave the facts as is!! Please we can not allow these kind of hostility on the forum - my husband is a member of avcom (another forum for pilots) and there they won't allow these kind of negative comments continue as this has. Thx

Moderators won't you please edit this post and take all the negativity away and leave the facts as is!! Please we can not allow these kind of hostility on the forum - my husband is a member of avcom (another forum for pilots) and there they won't allow these kind of negative comments continue as this has. Thx

So you are heavily into censorship and against free speech? I think that the whingers should just move along and stop whining but they have just as much right to be heard as anybody else.

• 2 weeks later...
So you are heavily into censorship and against free speech? I think that the whingers should just move along and stop whining but they have just as much right to be heard as anybody else.

I just had to chuckle when I read this .... couldn't help yourself, could you??

Tell me ... are you married? ... have you ever been married? ... where did you learn to turn an argument on it's ear & change the point completely .... only a woman is allowed to do that!!!

sometimes it's just better to chuck it in, cause there's no benefit to arguing

I know we all feel like a bunch of friends getting together, having a chat .... but it is actually an internet site, the same as those other sites, to which Just4thisOzzie is referring people to find the info.

& I agree, if we were a bunch of friends having a chat, I wouldn't be too comfortable with it either ... but we're not

most of the info that is shared on this site is available somewhere on the net .... it's just easier to get it here

Cheers

Jan

PS - wish I was able to vote ... soon!!!

Edited by JanCPT

We are going over on a 119 and on form 47ES and in Part O ( signatures ) it says the following...

• the cost of living in Australia, compared to many other countries,

is high. As a guide, it is estimated that in 1999, households of

migrants who had lived in Australia for less than 2 years spent an

average of AUD930 per week supporting 3 people.

Now my question is as follows, we are in 2008 and my salary offered was +/_ $1000 a week :)

What would the average be today ( they dont specify where in Oz ) and will we cope in a small town South of Perth........were not luxury type !!

Now a word of caution.........this is quite a hot topic I see for some of you ( beats me why :cowboy: ) and since I already have 33% warn under my name because I speak my mind :ilikeit: so please dont try and piss me off.........plenty sense of humour but if you cant help.........go find something else to comment/bitch on !!

Thanks and regards

Ha Ha Ha...... :blush: Money.... the root of all evil!!!!! Would have been nice not to have to worry about it, but unfortunately there is also reality. It is a very scary thought not to know if you will be able to make ends meet in Oz once you are starting to earn those lovely Australian Dollars!!!!!

I agree with some of the other people on the forum......do not take it so seriously!!!! :whome:

...... since I already have 33% warn under my name because I speak my mind :whome: so please dont try and piss me off....

Hey Gean

Do you play poker ...... you should be careful of playing a bluff, when you've already shown your hand.

Don't worry, I won't tell anybody that you were asking about the "warn 0%" under your name the other day

Cheers

Jan

PS I've tried to see how far I can push it, on occassion, & I never got the award ..... your posts don't come close

Edited by JanCPT

Hey Gean

Do you play poker ...... you should be careful of playing a bluff, when you've already shown your hand.

Don't worry, I won't tell anybody that you were asking about the "warn 0%" under your name the other day

Cheers

Jan

PS I've tried to see how far I can push it, on occassion, & I never got the award ..... your posts don't come close

Hi Jan

Well it didnt take me too long to go from 0 - 33 did it.........so someone didnt like my point of view :blink: ...........and you know what they say about rules :P still waiting for a answer though.........all of a sardine everybody on this thread is too busy.......they had quite a bit to say previously on the privacy of ones mula........but nothing constructive to add to the subject.........go figure !!

Cheers

Gean

I've hijacked a link from a previous topic & also links to previous discusions on salary

http://www.aussiemove.com/aus/costlive.asp

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showtopic=12648

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showtopic=8005&st=0

I think it pretty much depends on what you need to survive

As a rule of thumb, I think you should just increase the amount by inflation

i.e. inflation say 7%, for 8 yrs = ±AU$1 500, although that isn't quite the understanding that I've picked up from the previous discussions, seems more like ±AU$1 100 - 1 200 a week

Of course I'm not in Aus, so my opinion is merely theoretical

Edited by JanCPT

• 4 weeks later...

I got an e-mail from SEEK for exactly this thing.

A survey on occupation and earnings.

The poll on his forum gives us a more realistic answer as to what can be earned once we are over there, and then start working up to the Ozzie average.

Sheesh, I see everyone is up to their old tricks again..... well for those that want to know, I earn 10c an hour...... any donations gladly accepted...... mmmm?

Come on guys, you are free to ask what you want and you are just as free to reply or not to reply !!! What is the big deal?

I know you are all pretty stressed, as I would be if I was still in SA, but there is absolutely no need to climb into each other, if you don't like the message, don't shoot the messenger, likewise, if you think the question is over the top, move on, do not bother to reply, leave it to those that are interested.

Different strokes for different folks, we are not all identical little robots, we are individuals with different tastes, different lifestyles, different opinions, etc.

So right, I trust we can now just get on with this immigration thing and leave the mud slinging?

Thanks guys!

any donations gladly accepted...... mmmm?

Hi Mara

Its a pleasure....... :ilikeit:

Regards