How much $$$ do you earn per annum?

Willie en Liezl

How much $$$ do you earn per annum?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. How much AUS $ do you earn per annum (Cost to Company)?

• <40000
    • 40001 - 50000
    • 50001 - 60000
    • 60001 - 70000
    • 70001 - 80000
    • 80001 - 90000
    • 90001 - 100000
    • 100001 - 110000
    • 110001 - 120000
    • 120001 - 130000
    • 130001 - 140000
    • 140001 - 150000
    • >150000
  2. 2. How much SA Rand do you earn per annum (Cost to Company)?

• <100000
    • 100001-150000
    • 150001-200000
    • 200001-250000
    • 250001-300000
    • 300001 - 350000
    • 350001 - 400000
    • 400001 - 450000
    • 450001 - 500000
    • 500001 - 550000
    • 500001 - 600000
    • >600001
  3. 3. What expenses were paid for?

• None
    • Flights
    • Shipping

Hey Gean, sheesh, I humbly thank you, that is a fortune! LOL

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• no longer interested

• Dugong

• JanCPT

• Gizmo

Money.... the root of all evil!!!!!

Small correction to this statement, but it does make a big impact - it actually says the "love of money is the root of all evil ", not the money itself. The problem isn't with having money, its with money having you....

Anyways, though a little light heartedness on the thread was needed....

Lion King - if there was a nomitation for "Post of the Week" I would definitely be nominating this one. Love your work. :ilikeit:

I know I will get into trouble for this, but I agree with both of you - This has become very amusing now, amazing how many " Australians don't do this..." statements float around when convenient ...

Money - cause no one talks about salary, how much anything they have costs, prices, holidays etc - not sure how the shops have the gaul to put prices on goods!!

Salary - australia stats invent numbers as it is to rude to ask the population, and job hunting and contracts are a real problem, because no one mentions the pay - it just transports by magic into your account - even the SAP ledger doesn't know how much, as for salary surveys - Oh my.... there are law suits of rudenss and infringement of personal privacy all across australia as large corporates world wide are being taken for millions!!!

Don't care about status - so I guess that no brands sell there, no such concept as stars, celebs and everything is local made or home-grown. Kiilie M isn't really from australia, because she certainly doesn't conform to this image!!! She must be from South AFrica right?

Houses - well the outside anyway, not sure how real estate agents sell properties in Aus? No-one actually looks at at this... and people there don't care where they live - some by complete accident have landed themselves in million dollar appartments in town by compelte accident and others not - wow!! the land of luck and opportuntiy!!! No one actually works hard to acheive any of these things.

Education - espcially as private schools are all crap, so guess all the private schools have closed already - no students right?

and last but not least, they are the only nation in the world to have reached the nervana of complete social integration where Dr's and hobo's stand around the same camp fire without any difference in social standing. Everyone world wide has something to learn!!

It is only South Africans that have these problems.

• 3 weeks later...
I honestly don't see why this type of poll should be a problem. Nobody asked you to sign you name to your vote.

If you are offended, then just don't vote... simple.

(By the way - for those who are offended, how on earth do you manage to cope with filling out a National Census without having major kittens??? :) )

It is not offending but I am amazed by the results! Waar het ek die bus gemis, weer in die verkeerde ry gestaan toe die jobs uitgedeel is! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ag Strumfie, ek is seker ek het agter in die ry ingeval, ek moes meer belanggestel het in tennis of golf!

Ek stem saam met Strumfie en Mara. Ek dog ek het 'n redelike aanbod gekry, maar die poll maak my sommer depressed!

And no, that doesn't mean the poll is a bad thing, simply encourages me to try harder once I land in Oz.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If it was up to me, everyone's salary should be known to everyone else in the world. That would stop incompetence and raise the levels of accountability. Nothing wrong with some healthy competition either. Nobody would have to buy those petrol guzzling 4x4's to prove how wealthy they are. I have no understanding of privacy. What for? Give me one good reason.

• 2 months later...
I have no understanding of privacy. What for? Give me one good reason.

Have you seen how many very good friends you suddenly get, when they find out you have more than 2c to rub together

I think money is a personal affair and creates friction in a society, where a persons worth is determined by the extent of the wealth that they have accumulated.

Unfortunately, South African society falls into that category & most of us are SA's, even though some of us have been out for a while,

That doesn't mean that there isn't a place for this kind of anonymous poll, where the results provide prospective emigrants with a access to a data base of info, which is critical in their planning while preparing to emmigrate.

In other words, don't just look at the negative, look at the reason for the poll & the positive side as well, and assess whether the benefit outweighs the down side

cheers

Jan

What surprises me is that the largest group in the poll earn over $150 000 per annum. (if everyone has been truthful)

We are somewhere in the middle, bought our own home and have a good standard of living over here, so there are a lot of Saffa's who must be enjoying

a brilliant standard of living here.. :blush:

It's a great place to live..

Guys when you get here it is not all about money, remember why you are coming. We earn a good amount and we do fine - nowhere near the $150k per year but all is ok. Money is all relative and dependant from each person and on where you live

my 2c worth

Nicki

Edited by Nicki G

• 1 month later...

I am guessing that some of the votes are made by couples who added their incomes together?

I am thinking we will be paupers compared to the others!!! SCARY!!!!