Independant PR Processing Times

Jordy

So where does this put the GSM 175 applications now? Anyone care to take a guess? We have been waiting so long now :P

GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION

ADELAIDE PROCESSING INFORMATION

This is an automated e-mail response which provides updated information on skilled migration applications being processed by the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre (ASPC). Please do not reply to this email address as this mailbox is not monitored. Contact details for the ASPC are listed below.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Changes to Priority Processing �" 8 February 2010

Direction No. 45 - Order of consideration - certain skilled migration

visas

The Migration Act 1958 contains powers by which the Minister can consider and finalise visa applications in an order of priority that the Minister considers appropriate. Departmental officers are required to follow this Ministerial direction, which applies to every stage of visa processing.

The Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Senator Chris Evans, has set new processing priorities for certain skilled migration visa applications.

The direction came into effect on 8 February 2010 and applies to new applications lodged on or after 8 February 2010, and those already lodged or in the final stages of processing, and replaces the previous Priority Processing Direction (No. 42) which commenced on 23 September 2009.

The new priority processing arrangements apply to the following visa

programs:

• The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS)

• The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS)

• General Skilled Migration (GSM).

The following GSM visa subclasses are exempt from the priority processing provisions specified in Direction 45:

• Skilled �" Recognised Graduate Subclass 476

• Skilled �" Graduate Subclass 485

• Skilled �" Designated Area �" Sponsored (Residence) Subclass 883

• Skilled �" Regional Subclass 887.

Applications for these visa subclasses will be processed in the order in which they are received.

The following GSM applications are exempt from Direction 45

• applications that have been remitted by the Migration Review Tribunal

for reconsideration;

• applications where it is readily apparent that the criteria for grant

of the visa would not be satisfied;

• applications by members of the family unit of a person who holds a

temporary or provisional GSM visa (subsequent entrant applications).

• visa applications for a Skilled �" Regional Sponsored Subclass 487

visa where the applicant holds a Skilled �" Independent Regional

(Provisional) Subclass 495 visa, Skilled �" Designated Area-sponsored

(Provisional) Subclass 496 visa, Skilled �" Regional Sponsored Subclass 487 visa or Skilled �" Regional Sponsored Subclass 475 visa at the time they apply.

The Skilled Migration visa processing priorities

Under the Ministerial Direction, the following processing priorities (with highest priority listed first) apply:

1. Applications from people who are employer sponsored under the ENS and

the RSMS.

2. Applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory

government agency under a State Migration Plan agreed to by the Minister.

3. Applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory

government agency and whose nominated occupation is on the Critical Skills List (CSL).

4. Applications from people who are neither nominated nor sponsored

under Priority Groups 1,2 or 3 but whose nominated occupation is listed on the CSL.

5. Applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory

government agency whose nominated occupation is not listed on the CSL

6. (i) Applications from people whose occupations are listed on the

Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL); as well as

(ii) Applications from people who are sponsored by family and whose nominated occupation is not listed on the CSL.

7. All other applications are to be processed in the order in which they

are received.

The complete list of occupations on the CSL is available on the department’s website:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-ski...skills-list.pdf

Application Processing Times �" GSM Applications

Information on application processing times is published on the department’s website at http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/clie...r/visas/8.0.htm

If your application is in any of priority groups 2, 3 or 4, it is estimated that your visa application will be finalised within 12 months of your lodgement date. Please note that processing times can be affected by circumstances beyond the department’s control.

If your application is in any of priority groups 5, 6 or 7 and you have applied for an offshore GSM visa or intend to apply for an offshore GSM visa, it is unlikely that your application will be finalised within 3 years of the date of the application.

If your application is in any of priority groups 5, 6 or 7 and you applied for an onshore GSM visa or intend to apply for an onshore GSM visa, it is unlikely that your application will be finalised within 2 years of the date of the application.

Please note that your nominated occupation is the occupation you nominated at the time you lodged your application and cannot be changed.

Application processing times are indicative only and are based on the current visa application rate, the current Priority Processing Direction, and the availability of places in the Migration Program.

Please do not contact the Department to request your application be exempted from the Minister’s Priority Processing Direction. Departmental officers must adhere to the Minister’s Direction and you will be contacted by the Department when your application is allocated to a case officer.

Processing priorities are subject to change. Any changes to these priorities or processing times will be updated on the Department’s website

at: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-ski...n/whats-new.htm

Priority Processing Exemptions

Visa Subclasses 476, 485 and 887 are exempt from the priority processing changes. Applications under these subclasses will continue to be processed in the order in which they were received by the Department �" the following subclass by application lodgement date identifies cases currently being considered:

Visa Subclass

• Skilled �" Recognised Graduate Subclass 476

VF 476 (paper): 7 January 2010

VF 476 (e-lodged): 7 January 2010

• Skilled �" Graduate Subclass 485

VC 485 (paper): 5 May 2009

• Skilled �" Regional Subclass 887

VB 887 (paper): 13 January 2010

Other Processing News

CHANGES TO THE SKILLED MIGRATION PROGRAM

In addition to the new Priority Processing Direction the Minister has announced other changes to the GSM Program. Information about these changes has been published on the Department’s website at:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-ski...n/whats-new.htm

MEDICAL RESULTS

If you have undertaken your medical examination at Health Services Australia (HSA), please do not post your medical results to us unless your case officer requests you to do so. Please store your results in a secure place and do not open the sealed envelope.

BRISBANE PROCESSING

Information regarding applications processed in Brisbane can be obtained by sending a blank email to the following email address:

gsmb.information@immi.gov.au

CONTACTING US

Email:

• If you have not yet lodged a GSM application then enquiries should be

made using the on-line enquiry form at

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/pre.htm

• If you have already made an application then all enquiries for the

ASPC and BSPC need to be made using the on-line enquiry form at:

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm or

Telephone:

1300 364 613 (in Australia) for the cost of a local call; or

+61 1300 364 613 (outside Australia)

Contact Hours: (Australian Central Time):

0900 to 1600 Monday to Friday

Please note: due to the large volume of calls we receive, from time to time you may experience lengthy delays before getting to speak to a customer service officer.

LINKS

General Skilled Migration �" What's New

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-ski...n/whats-new.htm

Critical Skills List

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-ski...skills-list.pdf

Last updated: 8 February 2010

If your application is in any of priority groups 5, 6 or 7 and you have applied for an offshore GSM visa or intend to apply for an offshore GSM visa, it is unlikely that your application will be finalised within 3 years of the date of the application.

So that means , we have another 15 months to wait as we have been waiting 21 months. That sounds better than waiting until the end of 2012.

Oh goodie......from priority nr. 5 down to nr. 7 :unsure:

2012 se dinges - By that time we'll be down to nr. 20. :angry:

They want to make us give up or chase us away like the 20 000 before September 2007! They will always find a reason!!!!!

Hallo All

We have lodged 26 Aug 2009 Skilled - Independent VE 175 - (now six months)

message on application is - Processing commenced.

Does anybody know approximatly how long we will still wait for a CO to attend to our Visa. All the details as per the change in very confusing and doesn't indicate how long still.

Thx

Francois & Wanda

Only applications from people who are employer sponsored under the ENS and the RSMS (1) and applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory government agency under a State Migration Plan agreed to by the Minister (2) will be finalised withing 12 months. The rest - 3 years from date of application as I understand

Francois & Wanda

Only applications from people who are employer sponsored under the ENS and the RSMS (1) and applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory government agency under a State Migration Plan agreed to by the Minister (2) will be finalised withing 12 months. The rest - 3 years from date of application as I understand

Yep thats the way I read it as well!

Does anyone know, when we had our SS Visa approved we were on the CSL shortages list for WA. Does this have any bearing. Or are they only going on the CSL main list, cause the States have their own CSL lists. Ours is approved by the State but still waiting for visa.

Thanks Kita

Kita there is only 1 CSL and that is the DIAC one. The states have an eligible occupation list for State Sponsored visas, but that list is not CSL. The types of visa are different too..175 CSL vs 176 SS. Different points criteria, et al.

Kita there is only 1 CSL and that is the DIAC one. The states have an eligible occupation list for State Sponsored visas, but that list is not CSL. The types of visa are different too..175 CSL vs 176 SS. Different points criteria, et al.

okay thanks get it now

I think the list kita is refering to is the SOL (Skilled Occupation List)

Please forgive me, but I am HORRIBLY confused. I haven't been following to much on the site over the past few months for various reasons and now I am horribly confused with the timelines. Please can someone put it in a nutshell for me.

How long will a Independent 175 (Non MODL or CSL) take? And what was the report I read about them cancelling visa applications and making refunds?

SO SO Confused!!!! :blush::unsure:

Please forgive me, but I am HORRIBLY confused. I haven't been following to much on the site over the past few months for various reasons and now I am horribly confused with the timelines. Please can someone put it in a nutshell for me.

How long will a Independent 175 (Non MODL or CSL) take? And what was the report I read about them cancelling visa applications and making refunds?

SO SO Confused!!!! :blush::unsure:

The way I read it 3 Years

So where does this put the GSM 175 applications now? Anyone care to take a guess? We have been waiting so long now <_<

Hi

did you guys fill in the form 1100 to let DIAC know of your WA SS and also a form 80 had to be filled in. I can't beleive you have waited soooooooo long for your state sponsor.

Ann

So where does this put the GSM 175 applications now? Anyone care to take a guess? We have been waiting so long now <_<

Hi

did you guys fill in the form 1100 to let DIAC know of your WA SS and also a form 80 had to be filled in. I can't beleive you have waited soooooooo long for your state sponsor.

Ann

• 7 months later...

Hi all

We quite new to this immigration story. We still deciding if we should get an agent or do the application (PR visa) ourselves..Would getting an agent make the process quicker?

:D ? or :) ?

Hi Riska,

I don't believe that getting an agent will make the process go quicker, many people apply and do their whole immigration process themselves, we on the other hand have chosen an agent to do our for us, just to give us some peace of mind and to know that someone who knows what they are doing is double checking everything we do.

I also personally do not have the time I believe one needs to do it all myself.

So the choice is agent / no agent - Same processing time (I do stand to be corrected on this)

Orion 25

Hi all

We quite new to this immigration story. We still deciding if we should get an agent or do the application (PR visa) ourselves..Would getting an agent make the process quicker?

:blink: ? or :unsure: ?

I'll add my opinion to this as well.

If your case is a straight forward one (ie. you are married to your partner going with you, your kids are "yours", your line of work is sought after, etc. etc.); then the agent will merely act as a post-man/woman. I say this because they can hardly issue you with information that you could not find yourself, thus they merely send you a request to do something/fill in a form; wait for you to respond on it and then send you the next one. YOU END UP DOING EVERYTHING ANYWAY!

My opinion is that if you have the wrong agent, it might actually cause delays due to all communication going through them instead of straight to the DIAC.

However, the new trend seems to be that agents build up networks with "immigration friendly" companies to do job sponsorship and visas all in one. Now that is value add!

Riska, getting an agent will not make the process quicker, as you will still have to do all the legwork yourself. If your application is clean and simple, then DIY. If its complicated from a personal and occupation point of view, then go with an agent. The best part of DIY is that you are in control, and in direct contact with assessment agencies, DIAC etc. The worst part of DIY is that you are sometimes operating outside your comfort zone, and it can be tedious and needs good organisation skills. It took me one year to get from "shall we apply? " stage to the application itself. It then took a further six months for DIAC to approve the application! I am not discrediting agents, as there are a few good ones, especially those on this forum that have their reputations to protect. Its ultimately a personal choice.

Thanx for the replies, I also want to add that we already got all out unabridged certificates and all that, my husband is still looking for work there, so we must just do the application and see what is next.. So I also said we should do it ourselves, my hubby thinks otherwise.

:unsure: