• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Katryn

• Dreams

• MarcK

• Jordy

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I am a bit confused as to whether I need to do the IELTS if applying for an ENS PR visa. Booklet 5 says,

"A vocational level of English is required of ENS applicants.

There are two methods of demonstrating vocational language ability:

* the applicant provides evidence that he or she holds a degree, diploma or trade certificate that required at least two years full-time study or training, and all instruction was conducted in English; or

* the applicant sits an IELTS test............."

(page 16 of the 1131.pdf document.)

So if I have a Bachelors from an English University and my wife has a 3 year diploma from an English Technikon, I presume we do not need to do the IELTS test.

If I am correct, does one merely submit your degree as evidence or do they require some other evidence the classes were in English? If so what proof?

Edited by Jordy

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and this is my first posting. Wow - so many people seeing the wonderful wizard of Oz!!!!

Regarding the IELTS exam, we were told on Friday last week by an accredited migration agent from Australia that even if you were born in the UK and hold a British passport but you have not lived in the UK for 2 years or more, you are required to write the IELTS exam.....how's that???? :rolleyes:

Jordy,

My wife and I both are EWnglish speakers, and did all our schooling and our degrees at English medium university.

We submitted affadvits about this, as well as the degree certificates etc.

My wife still had to write the exam as she holds a South African passport (for now) but because I was not the primary applicant I did not have to do it.

Best is to get the primary applicant to write, and if you are happy to spend the money, let the other applicant write too, alternatively email them to ask them if the primary applicant is the only one required to write.

Dont wait until you have a case officer assigned as I did as that will just waste time, but also be careful regarding the time that the IELTS results are valid for. (I am not aware of that info)

Jordy,

My wife and I both are English speakers, and did all our schooling and our degrees at English medium university.

We submitted affadvits about this, as well as the degree certificates etc.

My wife still had to write the exam as she holds a South African passport (for now) but because I was not the primary applicant I did not have to do it.

Best is to get the primary applicant to write, and if you are happy to spend the money, let the other applicant write too, alternatively email them to ask them if the primary applicant is the only one required to write.

Dont wait until you have a case officer assigned as I did as that will just waste time, but also be careful regarding the time that the IELTS results are valid for. (I am not aware of that info)

Hi Dan Tanne,

Thanks for the reply. Just to confirm that you applied for the ENS visa like the 856 PR one and not an independent one like the 175? I ask this cause different rules apply, AFAIK."

I was going to ask how much money we talking here for tests in SA, but I found the answer - R1667.50 + R400 for a studypack. Damn thats a lot of money when you times it by two (especially if not necessary).

What I really dont understand is why the immigration booklet says one thing and CO says another. Then what's the point of putting wrong info in the booklet.

Edited by Jordy

Hi

The british council just called and gave me a tracking number for my IELTS results. I wrote 25th Aug in Joburg. They said I could track it from tomorrow.

So we should be getting it any day now.

Just got off the phone with British council, Denzil informed me that the results are in the mail, should get tracking number later today, or early tomorrow, will also definatly get results this week.

holding thumbs....

Yeah Katryn I agree, the waiting is hectic.

Just got off the phone with British council, Denzil informed me that the results are in the mail, should get tracking number later today, or early tomorrow, will also definatly get results this week.

holding thumbs....

Yeah Katryn I agree, the waiting is hectic.

Hi,

Also wrote the 25th of August

I called the Council at 11:30 and they said the results are about to be mailed, do I want to come pick mine up at their offices ?

So I said yes and got the results at about 12:30pm !!!

Got an overall band score of 8, I am very very very relieved

Good luck everyone

EXCELLENT!!

as we are in CT will have to wait........ come on snail mail!

;)

Got it got it got it and what a feeling!

Passed guys, now I can sleep at night!

Hope you get yours soon, mine was done in Durban on the 25th!

Mel

;):ilikeit::(

Got it! Band score of 8 & hubby got a band score of 7

Aramat

It's advisable to getthe speciman pack and do the examples as the difficulty lies in the format the question are in. We found the reading to be the worst!!!

THE WAIT IS OVER>>>>>>>>

8.5 band score!!!!!!!!!

yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Australia Physiotherapy Association here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :magic:

:thumbdown::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by Katryn

Hi Katryn

Baie geluk

Jy gee my sommer moed. ek gaan 6 oktober......

Se my gougou:

1. Vra hulle enige "akademiese " vrae in die akademiese speaking deel?

2. Wees eerlik, hoe was dit...moeilik?

3. Ek moet ook akademies doen, gee asb tips

4. Bestaan die oral net uit die vrae of is daar iets anders ook?

Bananagirl

DANKIE

Se my gougou:

1. Vra hulle enige "akademiese " vrae in die akademiese speaking deel?

nee, hulle gee topics om oor te praat soos op die CD,waar sal jy gaste heen neem in jou stad or dorp? my laaste topic was swaar: Discuss cultural activities in your country? Why dont people participate in it any more, what is the influence of travelling on culture. Die eerste goed is soos waar bly jy, hoe lyk jou huis, wat is jou hobbies, wat doen jou man. Die IELTS specimen toetste gee goeie voorbeelde van die punte wat hulle vir watter tipe oral gee.

2. Wees eerlik, hoe was dit...moeilik?

Ek was 'n senuwee bolletjie :ilikeit: maar dit was onnodig.

Die luister toets moet jy voor die tyd oefen. Dit gaan oor die SKILL OF LISTENING WELL, nie oor die feit of jy kan hoor wat hulle se nie. Die vrae op die papier is nie altyd in dieselfde volgorde wat hulle dit lees nie. Jy MOET die specimen toests doen, dit help jou presies om te weet hoe dit gedoen word, dit help vir angs voor die tyd ook as jy weet wat voorle. Die luister was vir my die moelikste.Dit voel gejaagd.

Die skrywery moet 'n mens ook oefen voor die tyd, sodat die 20 minute vir die eerste een en 40 minute vir die tweede een nie soos 2 minute voel nie. Ek het gevind dat ek gesukkel het aanvanklik in my voorbereiding om vinnig te skryf, want ek tik heeldag.... Maar toe ek eers weer die skryf ding onder beheer het, toeweet ek ek sal OKAY wees. Kyk in die specimen pack na die verskillende tipes writing assessments: jy kry altyd 2: die eerste een is gewoonlik kort.

bv: Skryf 'n brief aan die sportklub om aan te sluit (general training)

of Skryf na aanleiding van die 2 tabelle wat hulle gee 'n paragraaf oor " bootreise in Afrika", dan is daar 'n tabel wat die aantal mense wat elke jaar seil uitbeeld en dalk een wat die ouderdomme uitbeeld van die mense wat op die boot gaan. Dan skryf jy soos 'n artikeltjie.

In 1997, 23 456 people travelled by boat in Afrika. Seventy percent of this group fell in the age category blah blah. When this is compared to 1996 it can be seen that blah blah blah. The decline in numbers was due to.......Ens ens ens Only 5 percent of all travellers blah blah blah. ALL DIE STATS STAAN DAAR, jy verwoord dit in iets wat Riaan Cruywagen oor die nuus kan lees :(

Die tweede een was 'n wye topic: "Man has advanced in the past 100 years. Do you agree or disagree and why?' Ek het gese JA en NEE en redes gegee hoekom ek JA en NEE se.

3. Ek moet ook akademies doen, gee asb tips

Koop die specimen of download dit,dit is dieinstruction manual en gaan jou baie help.

Gaan piepie 5 x voor die tyd, hulle wou my nie 'n toilet break gee nie. "LADY PLEASE SIT DOWN!!!!"

4. Bestaan die oral net uit die vrae of is daar iets anders ook?

Net topics wat jy oor gesels. Ek beloooooowe jou, as jy die boek eers deurgewerk het sal jy GOED voorbereid wees

GOOD LUCK BANANA GIRL!

Katryn

Got my results also 8.5 band score (stupid listening test - got a 7).

I started day dreaming and missed the answers!

But at least now I can claim my points!

Dankie Katryn

Ek het die gedownloade goed en die specimen pack, ek het al daaraan gewerk, ek wou maar net hoor wat jou ervaring was. Dankie vir die bemoedigende woorde.

Sal jou laat weet wat gebeur.....

BG

Is there anybody who can help me wit the IELTS test. My husband and I are doing our PR now after being in Oz for 2 1/2 years and we have been informed that we have to do the IELTS test :whome: .

Does anybody have some info and tips on what the questions are? :ilikeit:

Thanks

Look on this same thread, and look for the IELTS links, go to the website, there are tests to down load.

Katryn

:ilikeit: Maggies, Katryn...my senuwees was net so op vir jou uitslae! Baie bly jy het darem wat jy nodig het. help een van julle my net asb reg. As ons op 'n 457 gaan deur job wat gesponsor word, moet ons die IELTS nog doen. soos ek verstaan, gaan ons dit eers doen as ons vir PR aansoek doen?

Is ek reg of het ek die kat aan die stert beet? As ek reg is, wat gaan ons alles nodig he vir die 457? Net Polisie goed en medicals?

HEEEELLLPP! Ek is nou gekonfoes! :blink::huh::o:ilikeit::ilikeit::whome:

Thanks...

Elize

Weeetie???

Kan iemand help?

Ek doen nog nie vir visas aansoek nie, wag nog vir die registrasie dinge om deur te gaan. Ek weet iets het verande op 1 Sept???

:blink: