175 online - questions and answers

StefB

I still can't upload supporting docs!!! :):ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

I've been trying since the 27th Sept, I've e-mailed the DIAC x2 but received no reply.

What do I do?? Will they still assign a case officer, & if so perhaps I can e-mail the suff through direct?

AAAAAAAHHHHHH this is frustrating the hell outa me!!

Aramat

As soon as you press the submit button it comes off, and you get your TRN.

So now I wait to see what now, hopefully they will appoint a CO and then contact me re the outstanding docs.

Hi Aramat,

Are you sure you cant upload docs? What error do you get? I went for my meds on the 28th and uploaded the scanned receipts the next day. I had no issue with the system...

I'm sure they will ask when they need the docs. I did email my CO scanned copies of the receipts even though I uploaded them on the website as well so that is possible.

Regards

Stef

Thanks Stef

This is all so exciting, I hope not too many people do the online route else that will slow down the whole process again.

S

Hello,

Please tell me what the cause was of your first TRA being unsuccessful?

Just want to know as we are busy with my hubby's TRA...

and don't want to use the agent as we could use the money for a container.

Thanks

Tash

Thanks Dedrei will give the e-mail address a try

adelaide.gsm.documents@immi.gov.au

StefB

Yes the system was available for a short while on the 28th, managed to upload 3 docs only, been trying everyday a few times a day since but always get the message " this service is temporarily unavailable, please try again later"

Will keep everyone updated

StefB

Will you scan in your police clearance certificates once you receive them or do you have to send the orginals to Australia?

Lodged our online application last night! :unsure:

Jaans,

I scanned ALL my documents. The police clearance should be no exception. If at any stage they want the original of any document they will specifically ask for it.

Stef

<snip>

StefB

Yes the system was available for a short while on the 28th, managed to upload 3 docs only, been trying everyday a few times a day since but always get the message " this service is temporarily unavailable, please try again later"

Will keep everyone updated

Aramat: That error you saw about it being temporarily unavailable usually happens because a server somewhere is being hammered pretty hard. Think eNatis, but on a global scale for their application/upload servers.

It's quite likely that now that word has started getting around that the 175s are getting done really quickly, people from all over the world are now hitting that website, all of them probably uploading several megabytes of scanned images at a time. The bandwidth going into those servers is finite, and it's probably just overwhelmed.

Sometimes trying several times, at 4-6 hour intervals will get you in, as the world turns and people on different continents go to sleep.

Good luck! ;)

(and we are SO sour that we started the paper route so many months ago, if we'd known then that the online app was going to be this efficient...)

John.

hi all, just an update.

Still not able to upload any docs???? send docs to e-mail add x2 now, no change to status: required on checklist. :ilikeit:

Still no reply from DIAC to my 2x e-mail re the uploading problems! ;)

So now we will just wait & hope that they will allocate a CO soon & I can then e-mail docs direct.

Don't know if I should maybe consider sending docs via courier, or if I should just sit tight.

unsure & frustrated

Aramat

hi all, just an update.

Still not able to upload any docs???? send docs to e-mail add x2 now, no change to status: required on checklist. :D

Still no reply from DIAC to my 2x e-mail re the uploading problems! :D

So now we will just wait & hope that they will allocate a CO soon & I can then e-mail docs direct.

Don't know if I should maybe consider sending docs via courier, or if I should just sit tight.

unsure & frustrated

Aramat

Hi there,

We uploaded all our documents during this past weekend and our status has not changed either. I think they will only update the required checklist once your CO has been assigned.

What error message do you get when you try to upload the documents?

I would not worry too much - if you emailed it I am sure they would have received it!

Good luck - and keep us posted.

Annelize

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone managed to upload their documents... Just a quick question, should the documents that are being uploaded be in colour or can it be in black/white? I have all the documents electronically, but they are all black/white...

Look forward to receiving some help!

Regards, Pippa! X

Hi Pippa :blink:

We haven't lodged yet but plan to next week when we get our IELTS results.

The documents like my hubby's diploma, the unabridged certificates, front pages of passports and the photo's we are planning on doing in colour. We think they need to see they are originals and not copy's? Not really sure but better safe than sorry in my opinion.

The rest that can be in black and white we are leaving like that.

Hope that helps. What did everyone else do?

Natalie

Hi Natalie,

Hi Pippa :whome:

We haven't lodged yet but plan to next week when we get our IELTS results.

The documents like my hubby's diploma, the unabridged certificates, front pages of passports and the photo's we are planning on doing in colour. We think they need to see they are originals and not copy's? Not really sure but better safe than sorry in my opinion.

The rest that can be in black and white we are leaving like that.

Hope that helps. What did everyone else do?

Natalie

Dedrei sent me the following:

Once you have received your client file number you can scan and email additional documents to us. The department accepts scanned copies of the original document (non-certified) provided they are IN COLOUR and in PDF, JPEG, TIFF or BMP file formats. If you scan documents in black and white, then they must be scanned copies of the certified copies.

Thanks again Dedrei!

Lovies, Pippa! X

Hi all

I have a question regarding the 175 online application. We havent yet logged ours - hopefully by mid December - but were wondering about this section :

If you or any applicants are married, please provide certified copies of marriage certificate(s) and evidence you are in a genuine and continuing relationship.

We've got the marriage cert. Did any of you guys who have applied online have to write a letter attaining to your relationship?

Thanks

Claudine

Hi Claudine,

I think that sentence refers to people who are in a different type of relationship as well-they have to prove they have a committed relationship if they are not married. Marriage certificate should be enough for a married couple.

Is ek net stupid? Ek kry dit nie reg on n' 175 applikasie te laai sonder afhanklikes nie (dis net ek en vroulief).

Wat doen ek verkeerd?

Cornel

YAY :ilikeit::lol::)

HIP HIP HOORAY :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

Last night we successfully lodged our 175 application. We received a TRN no immediately and the money was taken off the credit card within 2 minutes of the application. Unfortunately the server was down and we were unable to attach documents, but I am happy to say I have just finished attaching the documents - successfully - now!!!!!!!!!!

YAY :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

Good luck to everyone else.

Love Natalie

Hey NC74

Well done!!!! :thumbdown: Anxiously keeping an eye on u'r time line. We will be submitting online in Dec - once the IELTS has been done.

Cheers

Claudine