Current EOIs waiting for visa invite

Tntaglia

@Ta2Bryan - I had a similar problem with my step sons reports. However, I called the doctors office daily, made friends with the receptionist and let her know of the tight deadlines etc - and it got pushed up in the queue. Hope it all works out for you guys.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ta2Bryan said:

So we may miss our application window due to the complications picked up in my daughter's health review and the slow rate of the Doctor's getting the reports out.

We will probably have to get back in the Que and wait for an invitation round in early Jan if the reports are favorable, otherwise our journey comes to an end.

Congrats to those who received invites!

You must be really disappointed - I'm sorry. Did you know about the health issue or was it a surprise? I really hope this doesn't stop you from emigrating. Do you have to lodge with medicals, or could you lodge without the medicals and then update your application with the medicals? I thought you had a window to lodge but not all info has to be available.

• Like 1

Keep the faith @Ta2Bryan. Will all work out. Praying for speedy response for you. Don't you have 60 days to lodge from date of invite and then you can submit documents as and when you receive it?

• Like 1

@Ta2Bryan fingers crossed in the long run this is nothing more than an annoying delay!

Your journey doesn't end here!!

Edited by TamTam
  • Like 1

@Ta2Bryan don't give up! Hope all is okay with your little one.

We also had to get additional reports for our son's medical. Our paediatrician gave us a handwritten supporting note from his prescription pad and it was accepted on the system.

Maybe the delay is because they want to give you a formal typed report?

Camp out in the doctor's reception until they give you the report.

Good luck! 

• Like 1

@renebo I presume you sent the forms with your fingerprints to the PCC Centre in Pretoria? Once you are notified they are ready then you need to arrange a courier to collect them (this was a bit of a mission to be honest).

I found the PCC centre fascinating - they have these big filing cabinets organised by courier company, so one for RAM couriers, one for Postnet, etc etc. There is an entire counter just for courier companies collecting PCCs. So it is obviously very common to have a courier do it for you.

12 minutes ago, TamTam said:

@renebo I presume you sent the forms with your fingerprints to the PCC Centre in Pretoria? Once you are notified they are ready then you need to arrange a courier to collect them (this was a bit of a mission to be honest).

@TamTam I sent it via courier to Postnet pta cbd, I phoned parcelforce and they said it has arrived in SA but the courier service has not updated it on their side.  Postnet said they havent received it yet its still in Joburg.....so long wait for me grrrrr 

@renebo argh that's so frustrating.

Enjoying the snow? We are getting quite a lot here to in NL.

@TamTam ah its freezing, the kids school started an hour later today and might get black ice tomorrow so not sure if they will go to school.

First and last time they have seen the snow so they are happy lol

Yup its the first time my son is seeing snow and thankfully the last - our last European winter thank goodness!

23 hours ago, Tntaglia said:

You must be really disappointed - I'm sorry. Did you know about the health issue or was it a surprise? I really hope this doesn't stop you from emigrating. Do you have to lodge with medicals, or could you lodge without the medicals and then update your application with the medicals? I thought you had a window to lodge but not all info has to be available.

Thanks @Tntaglia

Total surprise. My daughter is 11 years old, avid gymnast, represented Gauteng at SA's last year (missed out this year due to a broken wrist - gymnastics accident).

At least we know it's there now so can monitor it until such time that medical intervention is required, time frame is anywhere between 10 and 40 years.

I received my reprinted police clearance certificate within 3 days (we were going through post net :-)  ) 

We have our medicals on Monday and I am so nervous!!! We hope to pay and submit our application by the end of December. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, laurie26 said:

I received my reprinted police clearance certificate within 3 days (we were going through post net :-)  ) 

We have our medicals on Monday and I am so nervous!!! We hope to pay and submit our application by the end of December. 

All the best @laurie26

I have couriered our PCC from the UK to SA on 2 Dec and paid out of my ears for the courier service right and Postnet only received it on 13 Dec.  On the same day I sent the UK PCC and we received our PCC yesterday.....mmmm.  We done our Medicals on Wednesday 13 Dec and the Doctor said it will most probably be submitted in a week.....so lets see. Hopefully all our stuff will be online by end of December and we should get a direct grant

@Tntaglia  I dont know if you want to update the table, but we lodged our Visa application on 4 Dec 2017.  Do you want to add another column for CO assigned and visa grant?

Good luck to everyone as well

• Like 1

Happy weekend everyone! Pls assist with my 2 questions below

1.) We did the health declaration b4 lodging and so we going for medicals next week, wanted to clarify what we need to take along.

Passports, doc ref form with HAP number,form 26 completed and 2 passport photos. Have I missed anything out?

2.)For our actual visa application

Do I need any certified copies of any docs? I have scanned colour images of all my docs that I used for vetassess however not certified!

Much appreciated. We hope to lodge by end of Dec. Will submit Ppc in Jan

Thx

Alrighty then!

Visa docs lodged today and money out my account (Ouch!)

Let the next phase of hurry-up-and-wait begin.

@Anusha you are all covered as for Q1. I cannot recall which docs were required to be certified, but we pretty much got everything certified in triplicate anyway.

• Like 1

Thx, Ta2Bryan...

Medicals were done today.  Police clearance fingerprints being done tomorrow, I can't believe we almost at the end of the race. Hoping to lodge and pay by end of month, then submit pccs when it arrives!

Hopefully it's not too long a wait! 

• Like 1

On 16/12/2017 at 8:06 AM, Anusha said:

Happy weekend everyone! Pls assist with my 2 questions below

1.) We did the health declaration b4 lodging and so we going for medicals next week, wanted to clarify what we need to take along.

Passports, doc ref form with HAP number,form 26 completed and 2 passport photos. Have I missed anything out?

2.)For our actual visa application

Do I need any certified copies of any docs? I have scanned colour images of all my docs that I used for vetassess however not certified!

Much appreciated. We hope to lodge by end of Dec. Will submit Ppc in Jan

Thx

Hi Anusha

We got nothing certified, according to the border.gov.au website you do not need certified documents only high res colour scans, if you think about it what does a certified document prove if you are just going to scan and email/upload it anyway? What do they have to compare it to to make sure it is authentic? A scanned copy of the original maybe? haha.

Seriously though, have a look at the 'documents checklist' for your visa type on the border.gov.au website just for your own peace of mind.

@LOL can you please provide the link where it refers to not requiring certified docs. For my son's 101 visa everything that was a copy needed to be certified (also information from the same website you mentioned).

It does make sense even if you upload /email a copy because it would have an official stamp/signature proving it's a copy of the original document. As for birth certificates and marriage certificates, those needed to be apostilled as well for our 189 visa. That's a different process which confirms the authority of the inidivdual who signed off the document (i.e the person at Home Affairs).

12 minutes ago, TamTam said:

@LOL can you please provide the link where it refers to not requiring certified docs. For my son's 101 visa everything that was a copy needed to be certified (also information from the same website you mentioned).

It does make sense even if you upload /email a copy because it would have an official stamp/signature proving it's a copy of the original document. As for birth certificates and marriage certificates, those needed to be apostilled as well for our 189 visa. That's a different process which confirms the authority of the inidivdual who signed off the document (i.e the person at Home Affairs).

Sure, here we go @Tamtam

http://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189-

That is for the 189, it is the same for the 190. I haven't checked for the 101 but I don't believe we are talking about that type of visa.

If you scroll down the page you will get to the points where it says scan all docs in colour and then the next point it says they do not need to be certified. I have attached a screenshot.

Screenshot_2017-12-22-11-28-38.png

@LOL, Thx for the reassurance! Just checked and it confirmed that documents don't have to be certified for the 489 visa.

Good luck everyone for the festive season, may it be a blessed,peaceful one with your loved ones!

I am sure it will might be the last one for many of us in SA !

Received our medical results and we all passed :-) next step is to lodge our application, Hopefully at the end of the month.

• Like 1