Current EOIs waiting for visa invite

Tntaglia

22 minutes ago, CTtoAus said:

@Tntaglia Sounds like good news to me! On the other side of the table, my agent submitted my 457 application last week and it was granted today??!!! I am in complete shock!

Congratulations!!!

23 minutes ago, CTtoAus said:

@Tntaglia Sounds like good news to me! On the other side of the table, my agent submitted my 457 application last week and it was granted today??!!! I am in complete shock!

Congrats! As I understand it, some employers are on a priority list because they do a lot of visas and then automatically get priority processing. Really happy for you!

2 minutes ago, TamTam said:

Wouldn't the 190 supercede the 457?

As I understand it the last visa issued is the one that is valid. I'm going to ask my agents about this because I don't know what happens if you then ask to cancel the 457. It seems silly and hopefully I misunderstand it but I have read more than once that there is a risk that having two visa applications in the system gives you the worst one because it is granted last. 

In fact when we lodged 190 the agents got a warning pop-up that I already have an open application and I will need to withdraw that in writing if I want to ensure only the 190 is processed.

38 minutes ago, CTtoAus said:

Fantastic News!

Congratulations!

29 minutes ago, Tntaglia said:

As I understand it the last visa issued is the one that is valid. I'm going to ask my agents about this because I don't know what happens if you then ask to cancel the 457. It seems silly and hopefully I misunderstand it but I have read more than once that there is a risk that having two visa applications in the system gives you the worst one because it is granted last. 

In fact when we lodged 190 the agents got a warning pop-up that I already have an open application and I will need to withdraw that in writing if I want to ensure only the 190 is processed.

wow that sounds pretty complicated! Are you able to predict if the 190 is likely to come through before the 457 so that you can withdraw it in writing in time?!

11 minutes ago, TamTam said:

wow that sounds pretty complicated! Are you able to predict if the 190 is likely to come through before the 457 so that you can withdraw it in writing in time?!

I'm pretty sure if the priority processing goes ahead the 457 will happen first. It should only be a week, max 2. If the priority processing doesn't go ahead the 190 will probably happen first IF it's a direct grant.

Grrrr. Too many uncertainties.

But I have just heard back from my agent and she says we can withdraw the 457. Honestly I think the chance is very very slim that the two happen so closely together that we are unable to stop the 457 in time once the 190 comes through.

Right now my hope is that we get 457 REALLY soon, and then we can book our flights and get everything sorted for early March, and then 190 comes through just before we leave. That would be superb. Because we can finalise plans and book flights and have our house packed up really soon, and still have PR when we arrive in Australia.

The other good thing that I've just thought of is the fact that my employer hasn't been asked for anything health-related (yet) which may mean we've passed the health test. My husband has a minor heart condition which is unlikely to be a problem but we don't have confirmation yet. We know if it's flagged as an issue my employer will have to sign a health clearance or something to that effect and they have approved that they would if necessary. So I'm feeling cautiously optimistic right now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sassyninja said:

Can I suggest - for those still waiting to put your stats into immitracker to get a better idea of where you are at? 

This is the link for the 189 one: 

https://myimmitracker.com/en/au/trackers/expression-of-interest-sc189

Great idea, mine is on the 190 tracker but I second having everyone on immitracker helps a lot. It's free, no need to pay for the subscription service (well, at least I haven't and I still find the site to be worthwhile).

Edited by Tntaglia

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2018 at 11:42 AM, Tntaglia said:

I'm pretty sure if the priority processing goes ahead the 457 will happen first. It should only be a week, max 2. If the priority processing doesn't go ahead the 190 will probably happen first IF it's a direct grant.

Grrrr. Too many uncertainties.

But I have just heard back from my agent and she says we can withdraw the 457. Honestly I think the chance is very very slim that the two happen so closely together that we are unable to stop the 457 in time once the 190 comes through.

Right now my hope is that we get 457 REALLY soon, and then we can book our flights and get everything sorted for early March, and then 190 comes through just before we leave. That would be superb. Because we can finalise plans and book flights and have our house packed up really soon, and still have PR when we arrive in Australia.

The other good thing that I've just thought of is the fact that my employer hasn't been asked for anything health-related (yet) which may mean we've passed the health test. My husband has a minor heart condition which is unlikely to be a problem but we don't have confirmation yet. We know if it's flagged as an issue my employer will have to sign a health clearance or something to that effect and they have approved that they would if necessary. So I'm feeling cautiously optimistic right now.

@Tntaglia We have a 489 currently being processed for visa grant and we have received an invite for 190 state nomination. So then we will have two visa applications and we were told you cant hold two visas at the same time. And that one will over ride the other.. I wonder which one overrides which?  

On 3/8/2018 at 3:13 PM, PurpleFerri said:

@Tntaglia We have a 489 currently being processed for visa grant and we have received an invite for 190 state nomination. So then we will have two visa applications and we were told you cant hold two visas at the same time. And that one will over ride the other.. I wonder which one overrides which?  

The last one you get overrides anything you got before. So if you get the visa you really want and have another still being processed, you have to cancel the one in process.