Visas Lodged Oct/ Nov 2016

Husky

Also I received an sms yesterday from SAPS confirming that they've received my application for PCCs... Hopefully they don't take too long!

• Like 1

Hey all,

I checked the online.immi.gov.au website for the status of my visa. My CO was assigned today (I only lodged last week Tuesday 22 Nov!). She asked for ALL documents.

I am so annoyed that the migration agent did not upload all my docs that were available when they lodged my application. I even followed up on Friday to ask when they will do it as I noticed on myimmitracker that recently a lot of cases had COs being assigned very quickly. 

They know I'm already extremely stressed out and paranoid about everything. I wanted everything ready so that when the CO was assigned I know the CO would only request my PCCs and medicals as expected. Any further request would have given me an indication whether the docs I submitted were sufficient or not (e.g. de facto relationship which has me worried already!)

:thumbdown:

@planningahead Sorry to hear about that, which agent are you using?

I must say that I also battled a bit with ours, ours was lodged and paid on the 1st of November, they only uploaded our documents on the 9th of November after I asked them three times.

On a totally separate note - Our visa's got granted this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adelaide see you in January B)

• Like 5

@jjschnetler, wow that is such awesome news! I'm so happy for you and all of us in this thread as our group is finally moving forward!   Congratulations!!!!

Regarding the agent, I don't want to say publicly as they have been really good otherwise... They've supported me and have been acting as my psychologist as well so I don't want to bash them. I will send you a PM rather...

On a lighter note, I had the interview for the job in Sydney this morning with a Associate Director and a manager. They said I should hear back soon from the Director (whom I know) and the HR department. They were also very interested to find out when I think the earliest would be that I can start there so it seems to be positive! Fingers crossed :)

Also updated the table... Our group has really started to make some good progress.

Username

Lodged

CO Assigned

CO Additional Request

Final Response to CO Request

Granted

Work Days

Addy31

29-Sep-16

10-Oct-16

Form 80; PCCs; Medicals

20-Oct-16

Awaiting

TBC

Husky

20-Oct-16

14-Nov-16

PCCs; Medicals; 18 year old dependent proof

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

HopefulJO

28-Oct-16

09-Nov-16

PCCs and Medicals

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

jjschnetler

31-Oct-16

N/A

N/A

N/A

Granted 28-Nov-16

Nickyvd

01-Nov-16

14-Nov-16

PCCs; Medicals

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

Chantel

01-Nov-16

14-Nov-16

N/A

15-Nov-16

Awaiting

TBC

Planningahead

22-Nov-16

28-Nov-16

Everything – agent did not upload my documents when lodging

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

• Like 1

How fantastic @jjschnetler

The first in our group. Congratulations. Was that a direct grant?

All our docs have now been uploaded, except for the PCCs which I am hoping will be ready by the end of the week. Onwards and upwards.

Yes it was @Husky

Must say I'm finally feeling relieved. It has also been a very productive day after the grant. Booked flights for the 17th of Jan to Adelaide, contacted 4 recruitment companies, trying to finalize the removal company and chose the company to move our money over :D and finally went to dinner to celebrate!

All I can say is that logging in and seeing  "finalized"  on IMMI account is one of the best feelings ever; in the same breath, touching down in AUS might be even better!

Can't wait for this new chapter and new opportunities.

• Like 6

Hello Oct/Nov lodgers 

So I have been following this group with such interest as we have been almost ready all month to lodge. And yesterday it was done! After an entire year of waiting to get to this point it is a bit surreal! 

Lodged: 28/11/16

We now have to book our medicals and tie up documentation. PCC's already done. 

Still feels like a bit of a road with the medicals but we have no control over the outcome..

12 hours ago, jjschnetler said:

Yes it was @Husky

Must say I'm finally feeling relieved. It has also been a very productive day after the grant. Booked flights for the 17th of Jan to Adelaide, contacted 4 recruitment companies, trying to finalize the removal company and chose the company to move our money over :D and finally went to dinner to celebrate!

All I can say is that logging in and seeing  "finalized"  on IMMI account is one of the best feelings ever; in the same breath, touching down in AUS might be even better!

Can't wait for this new chapter and new opportunities.

Hi @jjschnetler - all the best on your journey.

Welcome @TracyClare

The roller coaster of deciding, finding, waiting, trying, submitting, feeling relief, then waiting, trying, submitting etc etc. is tough. You are nearly there. I was also anxious about the medicals. In retrospect probably the easiest part of this entire journey to date. Go well.

Happy feet dance ...... ????

No, not the visa.... Yet! Our PCCs are ready after just 8 days. Driving through to Pretoria to collect today and then send to our agent to upload. That's it then ito all submissions asked for by the CO. From what I understand, it should now be a max of 28 days for CO to respond (so 28 December). Lots of positive energy and faith please. So grateful we have got this far and reminded how priveleged we are. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Husky said:

From what I understand, it should now be a max of 28 days for CO to respond

Not quite, ours took 38 days from responding to the CO, good news is that it does work out to 28 work days.

Based on the public holidays and weekends your visa will be granted on the 10th of Jan 2017.

• Like 1

@Husky, that is absolutely awesome news!

We also logged onto the SAPS website this morning and our PCCs were finalized yesterday! We received an SMS from SAPS last week Thursday that they received the application and is busy processing it. So it literally took them 4 work days to process! That's the fastest I've seen on this forum!!! :D

Now only thing left is our medicals which is scheduled for 19 December....

• Like 1

I keep on checking on immiacc but then again since we got a second request frm a CO , we have to wait another 28 days ahhhhhh?

It was on the 24th. He requested additional info on form 80, addresses for the past 10 yrs we had only provide for 5 yrs because of space. We added the infor under part T.

13 hours ago, ChrisH said:

Not quite, ours took 38 days from responding to the CO, good news is that it does work out to 28 work days.

Based on the public holidays and weekends your visa will be granted on the 10th of Jan 2017.

Thanks @ChrisH

Like your authoritative prediction  :lol:

Promise to buy you a bottle of wine if you get it right. Haha

• Like 1

On 11/30/2016 at 1:07 PM, Addy31 said:

I keep on checking on immiacc but then again since we got a second request frm a CO , we have to wait another 28 days ahhhhhh?

:D Be careful about creating that habit :magic: , I don't know if it is sad or funny, but I find myself still grabbing my phone every morning to check mails, only able to focus about 10 min later when I wake up, and then I realise I don't have to anymore, the e-mail arrived a while ago already... I think it is a type of PTSD...:jester:

Edited by wonderer
  • Like 2

@TracyClare, welcome :)

Here's the updated table:

Username

Lodged

CO Assigned

CO Additional Request

Final Response to CO Request

Granted

Work Days

Addy31

29-Sep-16

10-Oct-16

AND

24-Oct-16

Form 80; PCCs; Medicals

24-Oct-16: complete addresses on form 80

20-Oct-16

AND

24-Oct-16

Awaiting

TBC

Husky

20-Oct-16

14-Nov-16

PCCs; Medicals; 18 year old dependent proof

01-Dec-16

Awaiting

TBC

HopefulJO

28-Oct-16

09-Nov-16

PCCs and Medicals

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

jjschnetler

31-Oct-16

N/A

N/A

N/A

Granted 28-Nov-16

Nickyvd

01-Nov-16

14-Nov-16

PCCs; Medicals

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

Chantel

01-Nov-16

14-Nov-16

N/A

15-Nov-16

Awaiting

TBC

Planningahead

22-Nov-16

28-Nov-16

Everything – agent did not upload my documents when lodging

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

TracyClare

28-Nov-16

TBC

TBC

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

On 11/28/2016 at 7:50 AM, jjschnetler said:

@planningahead Sorry to hear about that, which agent are you using?

I must say that I also battled a bit with ours, ours was lodged and paid on the 1st of November, they only uploaded our documents on the 9th of November after I asked them three times.

On a totally separate note - Our visa's got granted this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adelaide see you in January B)

ah great news, congratulations, we are also heading for Adelaide :-)

We got an sms last week Friday that our PCC's have been completed, think the agents went to pick it up this week. According to ImmiAccount medicals also finalized. So just the last stretch of waiting now :-)

On 11/1/2016 at 3:38 PM, Husky said:

@HopefulJo

Not sure about that. I remember reading somewhere about someone who had kids doing it on separate days. Best to ask the doctor's rooms.

On another note, from reading it seems it is quicker, easier and certainly cheaper to deliver the PCC forms to Pretoria yourself and then go collect them over a weekend. Can anyone corroborate this? Or is using a document assist service better?

Better to to hand deliver them to Pretoria, takes 9 days. No need to drive up and down coz you can track the progress online.

Thanks @Ali1TB

Yep. That's what I did. Took 8 days from delivering to collection.