Visas Lodged Oct/ Nov 2016

Husky

Haha @wonderer

More like "multiple". Going to take a few to find our Australian wine of choice ...... ;)

• Like 1

Hey Everyone,

Just thought I'd find out if anyone has heard anything about their visas? I'm still waiting for our PCCs to come through... :blink:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nickyvd said:

Hey Everyone,

Just thought I'd find out if anyone has heard anything about their visas? I'm still waiting for our PCCs to come through... :blink:

I think if anybody received anything, this would be one of the first places they would post.:P

I'm getting very nervous about this silence and also seeing that some of the August and September members are still waiting, just makes me even more worried.

I really just wish this will be over already. If  I have to wait for the full 3 months, the waiting might just kill me.:blink:

• Like 1

Hi everyone

So we're also finally lodging tomorrow after dreaming about this for the last 8 years :D

I saw someone on a previous month's lodging thread out together a nice table summarizing everyone's status. I thought it would be nice if we do it here too. Please let me know if I missed you, made a mistake or if you don't want to be included.

Edited by planningahead
wrong table

Hi everyone

So we're also finally lodging tomorrow after dreaming about this for the last 8 years :D

I saw someone on a previous month's lodging thread out together a nice table summarizing everyone's status. I thought it would be nice if we do it here too. Please let me know if I missed you, made a mistake or if you don't want to be included in the table.

• Like 1

Hi everyone

I saw someone on a previous month's lodging thread out together a nice table summarizing everyone's status. I thought it would be nice if we do it here too. Please let me know if I missed you, made a mistake or if you don't want to be included in the table.

Lodged CO Assigned CO Additional Request Final Response to CO Request Granted Work Days
Husky 20-Oct-16 14-Nov-16 PCCs; Medicals; 18 year old dependent proof TBC Awaiting TBC

Addy31

???

TBC

TBC

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

HopefulJO

28-Oct-16

9-Nov-16

PCCs and Medicals

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

jjschnetler

31-Oct-16

TBC

TBC

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

Nickyvd

1-Nov-16

TBC

TBC

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

Chantel

1-Nov-16

14-Nov-16

N/A

15-Nov-16

Awaiting

TBC

Planningahead

21-Nov-16

TBC

TBC

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

• Like 1

Thank you @planningahead

Really appreciate you putting together the tracking table. When I have inserted a table before, worked to use snipping tool and then paste image as a picture.

8 years? #curious 

Dropped off PCC forms in Pretoria today. Pretty quick and easy, although the area is a little dodgy ..... Had a man behind me in the queue ask if I was also there to clear my name of a crime #onlyinSA. 

Hoping for a quick turnaround so that we can finalize all documents requested by our CO before the Christmas slowdown.

Vasbyt everyone. Trying to practice gratitude and presence every day to help me be more patient. We are all very privileged to be in a position to be eligible to go to Australia. 

Take care all. 

Edited by Husky
Added info
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, planningahead said:

@ChrisH, how did you make your table seem so nice?

HAHA, it's a mission I tell you!  I basically have an excel spreadsheet that I maintain the thing in.  From there you copy and paste just the table into Word, then you copy and paste from Word into the forum.  It will look funny but usually as soon as you submit it will all straighten out.

@Addy31, thanks for the information- I've added it to the table below.

@Husky, yes its been 8 years now since I started dreaming of emigrating. I remember being a first year student and doing online apartment shopping in Australia :ph34r: Finally made the move this year when I had enough work experience which the ACS could use to give me a positive skills assessment. Also worked in Aus for 3 months earlier this year and absolutely loved it so that made me eager to speed up the process as well.

@ChrisH, thanks for the heads up! Going to try your way now- hope it works :unsure:

Top of Form

Bottom of Form

Lodged

CO Assigned

CO Additional Request

Final Response to CO Request

Granted

Work Days

Addy31

29-Sep-16

10-Oct-16

Form 80; PCCs; Medicals

20-Oct-16

Awaiting

TBC

Husky

20-Oct-16

14-Nov-16

PCCs; Medicals; 18 year old dependent proof

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

HopefulJO

28-Oct-16

09-Nov-16

PCCs and Medicals

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

jjschnetler

31-Oct-16

TBC

TBC

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

Nickyvd

01-Nov-16

TBC

TBC

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

Chantel

01-Nov-16

14-Nov-16

N/A

15-Nov-16

Awaiting

TBC

Planningahead

21-Nov-16

TBC

TBC

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

Bottom of Form

• Like 2

Thanks for the table @planningahead :) Where are you looking at settling?

Here are our dates: CO assigned 14-Nov. Additional Requests: PCCs and Medicals.

@Nickyvd, pleasure :D We're looking at Sydney as we are applying for a 190 NSW. I worked there for a few months earlier this year and absolutely loved it. P.S- updated your info...

Top of Form

Username

Bottom of Form

Lodged

CO Assigned

CO Additional Request

Final Response to CO Request

Granted

Work Days

Addy31

29-Sep-16

10-Oct-16

Form 80; PCCs; Medicals

20-Oct-16

Awaiting

TBC

Husky

20-Oct-16

14-Nov-16

PCCs; Medicals; 18 year old dependent proof

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

HopefulJO

28-Oct-16

09-Nov-16

PCCs and Medicals

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

jjschnetler

31-Oct-16

TBC

TBC

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

Nickyvd

01-Nov-16

14-Nov-16

PCCs; Medicals

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

Chantel

01-Nov-16

14-Nov-16

N/A

15-Nov-16

Awaiting

TBC

Planningahead

22-Nov-16

TBC

TBC

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

• Like 1

Our migration agent delivered our fingerprints to Pretoria today, hopefully it won't take too long to get the PCCs considering it's December and half the public work force are probably already in full holiday mode ;)

Medicals have been booked for 19 December. LOL, I doubt any problems would come up there. I already dragged my partner along to do various tests including glucose, insulin, HIV, full STD screening, hep B and C... He lost it when I started worrying about a cough I've been having and made both of us go to the emergency room for a chest x-ray to check that we don't have TB/lung cancer/etc. I also saw a pulmonologist yesterday and it's 100% confirmed that my lungs function is working just fine.

I really know all of this was an overkill but this process makes me so paranoid and completely overpowers any rationality I have (or at least thought I had) :D

• Like 2

Hi @planningahead

I am exactly the same. My wife is going crazy with all the worry that I have been doing in making sure all our boxes are ticked.

We go for our medical next week wednesday and as the last hurdle to get through, i just want to make sure we pass with flying colors.

Good luck.

Hi

Just wanted to check with everyone. Did you wait for the CO to request Medicals or did you go and get them done while waiting for case officer to be appointed? 

Thanks

@FingersCrossed, good luck. I'm sure it will go absolutely fine. I can't wait for the day we all laugh thinking how we stressed ourselves over this process...

Also, we booked our medicals today and we also lodged today. I created a HAP ID and called the doctor and booked the appointment... I only expect the CO to get assigned in 2 - 3 weeks time...

@planningahead Now that's what I call tenacity. Good for you. Please don't stress about the Medicals. It was a really simple process. Doc said they are mainly concerned about HIV and TB. 

We booked our Medicals before a CO was assigned.

Thanks for the update @planningahead. Sydney really is a beautiful city. :)

@FingersCrossed The agents advised us to make an appointment for our medicals as soon as we lodged. I am glad that we did, as we were only able to get an appointment after we were assigned a CO in any case. He was assigned and requested our medicals on the 14th Nov, we only got an appointment on the 17th.

Hi @Nickyvd

Thanks for the feedback. We have booked out medicals and are going next week. 

Besides the chest x-ray, HIV test, and eye test - what else do they test in the medicals? Anyone who has been through it willing to share ? :-)

I cant wait to get the medicals done as that should be the last bit of paperwork / admin work that I need to get done for my family.

25 minutes ago, FingersCrossed said:

Hi @Nickyvd

Thanks for the feedback. We have booked out medicals and are going next week. 

Besides the chest x-ray, HIV test, and eye test - what else do they test in the medicals? Anyone who has been through it willing to share ? :-)

I cant wait to get the medicals done as that should be the last bit of paperwork / admin work that I need to get done for my family.

Yes sure, its not bad at all. The Dr goes through the declaration you made when you answered all the questions online. He takes your height and weight to establish your BMI. He tests your blood pressure, breathing, heart beat etc. He checks and presses on your stomach (like in a normal check up). You also have to do urine test to check for protein (for kidney health). Its actually quite quick and painless.

If only the paperwork and admin would end....

• Like 1

I contacted the office in Sydney I worked at earlier this year and they arranged an interview with me on Monday morning! :D This would be one tick less to worry about...

I'm sure it will go fine though- the director knows me and he was very keen when I reached out and said I would like to join his team if my visa comes through... He's not well know for being very speedy when it comes to admin but within 3 days an interview was set up!

• Like 2