Visas Lodged Oct/ Nov 2016

Husky

@Husky, congrats!

Holding thumbs for @Bobbin and @TracyClare to get their granta soon then our group's table will be complete!!

I'm flying out in a little over 2 weeks... Is anyone in our group leaving soon?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Oct/ Nov 2016 group. Haven't seen much on the group in a while. Any news @Bobbin and @TracyClare ?

Hoping you get good news soon. How is everyone else doing ito planning and making the final big move.

@planningahead you must be counting down the days.

Started doing an inventory of what we need to sell over the week-end. We have decided to go the sell everything and only take very important items and clothing route. It really is quite amazing how much *stuff* one accumulates in 17 years in the same house. Thinking of using one of those mobile pawn companies as I cannot get my head around how to handle the selling myself. Know we will lose money, but the alternative seems like it will take too long and too much energy. I am quite mindful of trying to stay sane through this process. Haha. Busy painting and fixing up around the house to get it ready for sale. Still feeling excited and rather overwhelmed at how much we have to do.  

Edited by Husky
Spelling

Hi @Husky - hope all is going well.

We are also fixing up our place in preparation for placing it on the market at the end of this year. We are only moving over next year so I didn't want to see to early and have to rent for to long. I am just making sure that I am not spending to much on fixing things in the house that will not matter in the sale or dont push the sale price up. 

We are going over to visit family in June and to activate our visa's and everyone in the family is feeling excited and cannot wait to get over.

My cell phone contract ended in Jan this year and I have just moved over to pay as you go. We are closing down accounts that we dont need over the next 3 -4 months such as Edgar's and Mr Price. It feels awesome to simplify everything to what we only need. 

If i were you, i would place the items you want to sell on gum tree - you have nothing to loose. Either you sell them for the price you want else you take them to a pawn shop. every bit of cash you can take with you will help. 

• Like 1

@Husky thanks for checking in...

We handed our appeal in on the 26 of January, and at this stage no news is good news! I spoke to the immigration agent last week and he said we could expect to wait 6 months for a response. We are in a for a long wait. Its great to read that everyone is making strides to get to Australia quickly. I will post as soon as I get the good news! (no harm in positive thinking) 

• Like 1

Hi everyone! thanks for checking in @Husky. I am starting to lose hope. How is it taking this long?? I didn't think we had a complicated case  and we got our invitations, co assigned etc all very speedily, but here we are, now well over the three months from lodgment. I check everyday and that 'assessment in progress' message is going to drive me crazy. The agent just says it can be very variable and doesn't make any promises, but the worry of whether people get this far and don't actually get visas granted (barring medical related issues) is starting to gnaw on my mind! R150 k down the drain!gah!:(

Crossing fingers for you @TracyClare that you hear something sooner than 6 months.

Awesome to hear about the plans in full swing! We are also fixing up our house, giving things a fresh lick of paint etc- hope its not all for naught! Where are you planning on ending up @Husky and @FingersCrossed? Activation trip sounds very exciting:)

@Husky, yes I can't wait to leave now. I finished work on 28 February and I've been spending the last few days with family and friends. Only 3 more days then I'm off to my new adventure! My partner will join in June once he has finished his first semester here in SA.

Good luck @Husky and @FingersCrossed with selling your houses and packing up! Once the container was packed I became instantly relaxed...

@Bobbin and @TracyClare, good luck with the wait! I really do hope you will get your grants soon.

• Like 1

Nice to hear from everyone.

@FingersCrossed Thanks for the tips. Always worry about strangers coming to my home with gumtree? 

@planningahead Thinking of you as you forge ahead. Please do update us on your arrival and first few days. Sure it will all go well.

@TracyClare Sending lots of positive energy.

@Bobbin Know how you feel. We got our visas at exactly the 4 month mark. The waiting is excruciating. Try not check your immi account one day and perhaps you'll have the same experience we had. The one day we didn't check, was the day we got our grants ... Haha.

We have state sponsorship (190) for Victoria so are Melbourne bound, hopefully before year end. If either my husband or I find a job beforehand, then all plans will move forward. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, just to let you know that our visas have been granted at long last! We got the news on Wednesday morning, the morning after all of the visa turmoil with the 457s being abolished. We had quite resigned ourselves to waiting even longer because of all that. But thank heavens the wait is over! All the best to those moving over soon, or those still in the planning stages! Hope you hear news soon, @TracyClare

• Like 4

Wonderful news @Bobbin

Talk about timing. Where and when are you planning to move?

@TracyClare Any feedback on your appeal? Thinking of you.

Realise how privileged we are to have our grants in hand. 

We are still waiting, quickly went on to check still no news..

We decided to start this process in Feb 2016 so its 1 year 2 months since we started 

5 months since we submitted out application and 3 months since the appeal. 

Writing it down it doesn't sound so bad but it feels arduous ... thanks for the thoughts 

• Like 1