Processing Of Priority Group 5 General Skilled Migration Applications

Rover

Celeste: I can so see your side too. This surely was a frustrating six-seven years for you ! I do think I've learned that God does interfere with our own plans sometimes to give us something better in His best time for us. This whole immigration thing changed me and hubby in our views about so many things so much, that hubby once told me that he would not change the past few years of waiting for anything else - even if the R 40 000 spent on the visa proves to be in vain, he is so pleased with and thankful to God for the change, the spiritual insights, the freedom of loads of luggage we had, that is was all for the good, even if we would never go. I do still get my days of frustration with this process, but I also realized the truth of words Corrie Ten Boom once said: We are nowhere more safe than inside the will of God and nowhere more unsafe than outside the will of God. I'd rather stay here and depend on God for safety and provision and be in His complete will, than go to Oz, being outside His will and there fall victim to whatever can happen to me, because I'm outside of God's will and therefore outside of His circle of provision and care for us.

I think the challenge is not to see the ineptness or the unfairness of PEOPLE in this process, but to see God working in our lives for our good. Sometimes it's NOT PEOPLE OR SYSTEMS that is standing in your way ... :) .

Psalm 91
He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall rest under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of Jehovah, my refuge and my fortress; my God; in Him I will trust.
Surely He will deliver you from the fowler's trap and from the destroying plague.
He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall trust. His truth shall be your shield, and buckler.
You shall not fear the terror by night; nor because of the arrow that flies by day;
nor for the plague that walks in darkness, of the destruction laying waste at noonday.
A thousand shall fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes you shall look and see the reward of the wicked.
Because You, O Jehovah, are My refuge; if You have made the Most High Your dwelling-place,
no evil shall befall You, nor shall any plague come near Your dwelling.
For He shall give His angels charge over You, to keep You in all Your ways.
They shall bear You up in their hands, lest You dash your foot against a stone.
You shall tread on the lion and adder; the young lion and the jackal You shall trample underfoot.
Because He has set His love on Me, therefore I will deliver Him; I will set Him on high, because He has known My name.
He shall call on Me, and I will answer Him; I will be with Him in trouble; I will deliver Him, and honor Him.
With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation.
  • Like 1

Hi Alida, thanks for your encouragement : ) You are 100% correct in saying that God is in control of our future. And after all what is the few years we spend on this earth compared to eternity?

Edited by celeste
  • Like 1

Wow,

The allocation dates table has been updated, and according to the site, it was last updated on 29 July 2013. Interesting that as I type this, it is Saturday 27th July 2013.

Now if I could just get the person who updated it to tell me next weeks lotto numbers, I will be happy.

• Like 3

Hahaha, they must assume that people only watch those tables in weekdays ! And still the Group 5 is stuck at 21 May 2008 ... sigh ...

• 3 weeks later...

Priority group 5

All other applications, which include the following

Note: These subclasses are not listed in order of processing:

1. applications for a State or Territory Sponsored visa
    (subclass 176, 475, 487 and 886 applications) where a state or territory
    approved nomination has either not been provided or has not been
    accepted by the department
  2. applications for a Skilled Independent visa (subclass 175 and
    885 applications) where the nominated occupation is not on the SOL
  3. applications for a family sponsored skilled migration visa
    (subclass 176, 475, 487, 496 and 886 applications) where the nominated
    occupation is not on the SOL.

This is the reason there has been movement since 1 July, but in the other category 5 groups and not in the 175 group