Next JHB Coffee Club

Guest May

Hallo Jayjay

I'm in agreement. Let's all get through Christmas, which will possibly be the last one with family and friends for some. :ph34r:

Mid January seems a good time to get it going again. You can always count me in for a good cup of coffee with chocolate mousse cake! :ilikeit:

Hear from you soon.

Milo

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• milo

• JayJay

• Nats123

• zoot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Me too Me too. I have given up on the JHB get together- the gautengers really can't organise the proverbial.....

May

Ok lets sort a date - looking at the calendar mid January dates Saturday 12th or Saturday 19th (not sure when schools go back so that will affect it). Then lets decide on a venue - seems liike nobody has a house big enough so that means a restaurant or picnic venue (could go to Sandton Square many restaurants there, loads of parking and place for kids to run that way nobody has to bring or prepare anything), then time suggest 12h30 for 13h00. (suggest Trumps or Ghiradellis - sorry dont know spelling as they have a variety of different foods suitable for all tastes)

OK how is that for organisation. Now all anyone has to do is say they have a better suggestion for a venue and we go with that.

Hi there

Glad to see you guys are getting together it is such a help and I know I met Ajay before I left and before the forum started and it was nice knowing someone in the same boat.

I know there was a really active Gauteng Coffee Club that Cindylou used to run, she also had others involved so maybe go back in the coffee club section and check out some of the other posts they might come in useful. You might also find some great venues to host them.

You will find that your numbers could get really big I think I recall one coffee club being over 100 people so perhaps an individuals home is not suitable.

Once you have met at the coffee club you can always have those going to sydney or those going to perth or the other states meet up in smaller groups at ones homes.

Best of luck to you all, you are all making the right decision, now just enjoy the journey.

sa2auz

we would love to join the JHB coffee club and meet other frustrated people on their way

please keep us informed so we can join in the fun

Jayja,

Looks like you are officially the convener for the Jhb coffee club. :unsure: I don't think the where will be a problem, more the date. Keep us informed and we will be there. Just make sure the place you pick has chocolate mousse cake on the menu!! :blush:

Groetnis,

Milo

Howzit,

I see on another topic that Frenchy and Jayja will be leaving our shores in the new year. :ilikeit:

We have to finalise a date before that. I'd like to meet the faces behind the posts! before they fly out, as we will be in different cities in Aus.

Jayjay how about 6 January? Too close to your final week here? Let us know, what you think. Perhaps some time between Christmas and 6 Jan. Most guys will be on leave then anyway.

I need that chocolate mousse cake!! :P

Drop me a PM to arrange things

Milo

• 1 month later...

Howzit all,

It's time to break the new years diet and arrange a coffee date. Sandton Square was suggested and seems a good place to meet. Any ideas for a different venue?

We seem to be quite scattered across Jozi, so perhaps we should devide it into North, South, East and West or just invade a big enough venue with all of us?

Next weekend (12/13 Jan) seems to be the date as Frenchy will be leaving the following week. Sunday lunch also seems a good time to meet.

We have to finalise the date as my diet is already 'in sy m@&r in' and I'm having nightmares about chocolate mousse cake :( I need that cake!! :ilikeit::)

Hi All,

Yes, I'm the culprit. :ilikeit:

We just returned from Salt Rock for a week and I must confess, we've been so busy with all the arrangements, that I overlooked this topic. Apologies.

Mariana is very busy at the moment, but maybe we should just make an arrangement. A few dates are already booked - the 14th is a braai for all the friends, the weekend of the 25th is booked for the family gathering in the bos, so it leaves the 15th, or if it must - this weekend. I think maybe that it is a bit short notice for some, or maybe not.

Milo, can I ask you or somebody else to arrange that. I am a bit out of Jo'burg and don't know the places at all. I suspect that most of you are more in the Jo'burg facinity, not in the East Rand as me.

Groetnis

JJ

Howzit,

This Sunday (13th Jan) would be too short notice.

So it seems next Sunday would be a better call.

Here it is:

Horwoords Farm in Edenvale. (entrance in Homestead ave)

12 for 12.30

There is a restaurant with an outside area. So rain or sunshine, it will be ok. The place is in a park. There's a small dam, many jungle gyms and paved pathways for bicycles. The kids can have lekka jol there.

Shout if any one needs directions and please rsvp soon.

Jis Milo, you are a star!!! :lol:

We'll be there. I have a little farewell party for our friends the Saturday evening, but Sunday seems fine.

Hoop Frenchy-hulle kan oë wys!!??

Groetnis

JJ

Howzit,

Here it is:

12 for 12.30

There is a restaurant with an outside area. So rain or sunshine, it will be ok. The place is in a park. There's a small dam, many jungle gyms and paved pathways for bicycles. The kids can have lekka jol there.

OK count me in - please send directions

Howzit,

Here it is:

12 for 12.30

Hi Milo,

We are new to the forum and are still doing a lot of research about our possible move to Oz, would love to join you guys on Sunday 20th. It will be me and my wife and two kids. Please post directions.

Thanks

Eben

Mense is geneig om net die latest posts te lees..

Net hierdie ding pos sodat hy weer op die voorblad kan wees.....

Count me in! Will be my the hubby and the two kids!

Really looking forward to meet you all! :)

Howzit,

Jammer JayJay, amper vergeet van die aanwysings.

Vanaf Noorde of Weste van die stad:

Ry N3 suidwaarts. Klim af by Edenvale/Kempton Park afrit

Ry om die sirkel na Edenvale. (Greenstone Mall)

Reguit af die bult verby die malls. Jy's nou in Andries Pretorius weg

(Weet nie hoeveel verkeersligte oor van hieraf nie)

Verby Sportgronde op linkerkant

Volgende verkeerslig, draai links in Homestead ln

Restaurant ingang op regterkant, by begraafplaas

Van Suide van die stad:

Ry R24 na JNB lughawe (weg van die stad)

Neem Edenvale afrit

Draai links by verkeerslig in van Riebeeck laan in

Ry aan tot by 2de laan en draai regs by verkeerslig. (KFC op hoek)

(Afr Laerskool of regterkant verder af in straat)

Ry oor die verkeerslig by die skool. (2de Laan word Homestead ln)

Restaurant ingang op regterkant by die begraafplaas.

Van Ooste van die stad:

Ry R24 van JNB Lughawe (na die stad)

Neem Edenvale afrit en draai regs in Van Riebeeck ln by verkeerslig.

Ry aan tot by 2de laan en draai regs by verkeerslig. (KFC op hoek)

(Afr Laerskool op regterkant verder af in straat)

Ry oor die verkeerslig by die skool. (2de Laan word Homestead ln)

Restaurant ingang op regterkant by die begraafplaas.

Sien julle daar!!

Sondag 20 Januarie

12h00 vir 12h30

Horwoords Farm

Homestead laan

Edenvale

Nou vir die Engelse ouens!

From the North or West:

Take the N3 south and get off at the Edenvale/Kempton Park offramp

Go around the circle towards Edenvale (Greenstone Mall)

Go down the hill. (now in Andries Pretorius ave)

(Not sure how many traffic lights on this road)

Drive until the Sports Ground on your left

Turn left at the next traffic light into Homestead ave

Restaurant entrance on your right at the cemetary

From the South:

Take the R24 towards JNB airport (away from the city)

Take the Edenvale offramp

Turn left at the traffic light into van Riebeeck ave

At 2nd Ave turn right at the traffic light. (KFC on the corner)

Continue down this road until the Afr Primary School

Go across the traffic light (now in Homestead ave)

Restaurant entrance on the right at the cemetary

From the East:

Take the R24 from JNB Airport (going towards the city)

Take the Edenvale offramp

Turn right at the traffic light into van Riebeeck ave

At 2nd Ave turn right at the traffic light (KFC on the corner)

Continue down this road until you get to the Afr Primary School

Go across the traffic light (now in Homestead ave)

Restaurant entrance on your right at the cemetary

See you there;

20 Januarie

12h00 for 12h30

Horwoords Farm

Homestead avenue

Edenvale

Have arranged with the restaurant to confirm bookings until Saturday afternoon! So please feel free to change your plans and join us! :) It's a beautiful park and very child oriented.

Thanks for the directions !

Who's name will the booking be under?

Nats

Howzit,

Sorry, the booking is made under..... MILO!!

Milo,

Ek kan nie die nommer van die plek in die tel boek kry nie - en hulle wegpage is buite aksie. Ek neem aan die restaurant se naam is Horwood Farm Restaurant?

Sit asb sommer die nr op die thread.

Sien julle almal Sondag!!

JJ

Jammer ouens, ek's rêrig blonde!

Restaurant is Adega do monge - Edenvale @ Homestead - 454-6480

Perfect! See you all there next week!

Nats

Hi Milo,

You can count us in too, hubby, myself and the 2 kids.Unfortunately I am working in the morning till 13h00 so will be a little late.Coming from the East Rand so not too far.It will be great to hook up with all the guys on the forum.

Eileen

...ek moet 'n biki ons dinge in orde kry sien ek mos nou...

sal graag wil kom oge wys, dis nou as jul nog plek het vir twee

en ons moet terug van witbank af waar ons gou by vriende en familie draai

:(

Hi all in Jozi,

Don't stress too much about booking with the restaurant. Although it's not a problem if you wish to do it yourself. Just reply here on the forum. I'll gladly do the bookings and have arranged to confirm final numbers with the restaurant only by next Saturday.

The menu has a wide variety to choose from and a delicious menu for the kiddies, and chocolate mousse for me! My 12 yr old daughter has voluntered to look after the smaller kiddies. All sorted then, they've got a baby-sitter.

Come on Jozi guys! Let's get together and connect. Some of us might never come into contact with each other again. (living in differenct cities once in Oz).

I've asked for a spacious area, so the restaurant can cater for big numbers. Arrangement were also made in case it rains to be inside.

Edited by milo