Add new baby to 190 visa after grant and visa activation

jiggy

Question

Hiya,

we (wife, baby 1 and I) were granted a 190 visa a few years back, which we've since activated. We're currently in SA and planning on moving to Aus early next year.

Since our visa was granted a new arrival has joined the family :)

We are now trying to add baby 2 onto our visa so would appreciate the advice from anyone who has recently done this as we are getting conflicting info from the web, and from the Aus visa agency here in CT. The visa agency tells us we need to do it online, but online is pointing us to the visa agency.... and all with different forms.

To add to it all, when our 190 visa was granted we received notice that our IMMI account would then be 'destroyed' as it was no longer needed (we were apparently one of the first for this to happen to), so we can't even log in to that to try to update our details.

So far the list of documents that we've been told to fill in are:

Online research -

- form 1229 Consent to grant an Australian visa to a child under the age of 18 years 

- form 40ch Sponsorship for a child to migrate to Australia 

- form 47ch Application for migration to Australia by a child 

VISA agency -

-1469i Including family members in your application 

- form 1022 Notification of changes in circumstances 

Both of these seem to be entirely wrong as they look to deal with things before the visa was granted.

Has anyone added done this recently, and if so how did you do it?

Thanks in advance!

3 answers to this question

Hi Jiggy, we did this end of last year, we needed a child visa 101, completed 1229+40ch+47ch if i remember correctly, the other forms you mention does not ring a bell. We did this without a agent and it was fine

You will need a new visa for the new child. the Australian embassy has a TLS Contact that acts as their branch in de waterkant , cape town https://au.tlscontact.com/za/cpt/page.php?pid=appointment_booking

TLS were very helpfull and checked that all the forms were completed correctly, they send the docs to Pretoria then to Perth IIRC.

They say SA child visa can take up to 13 months, our was issued in 3 months.

Good luck

Great, thank you so much! I've also since found a booklet that walks one through this, but its good to get confirmation that the Agency guy clearly didn't know what he was talking about! And reassurance that it could take quicker than what we were told.

If anyone in the future needs more on how to go around this, the booklet can be found here https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1128.pdf

Thanks again Always Thankfull.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 0:36 PM, AlwaysThankfull said:

Hi Jiggy, we did this end of last year, we needed a child visa 101, completed 1229+40ch+47ch if i remember correctly, the other forms you mention does not ring a bell. We did this without a agent and it was fine

You will need a new visa for the new child. the Australian embassy has a TLS Contact that acts as their branch in de waterkant , cape town https://au.tlscontact.com/za/cpt/page.php?pid=appointment_booking

TLS were very helpfull and checked that all the forms were completed correctly, they send the docs to Pretoria then to Perth IIRC.

They say SA child visa can take up to 13 months, our was issued in 3 months.

Good luck

@AlwaysThankfull  I have submitted my application for the 101 visa and now anxiously await a reply (we have been waiting 2.5 months). I see you submitted a 1229 form - my understanding of that form was that it was necessary where one of the parents is not moving with the child and the non-accompanying parent needs to provide consent. Is that correct? Seeing as both myself and my husband (his dad) are moving with my son we only submitted the 40CH and 47CH forms.

No worries - I did some more research and yes the 1229 form is only in situations where one of the parents is not moving as well and needs to provide consent.

Edited by TamTam