VISAS LODGED April/May 2017

Karools

Hello Forumites, you have gone quiet, are you all OK? Lets just hope that August will be good to us all:)

• Like 2

Its the 4th of August.No one has the foggiest what the department of immi is upto.Only thing they seem to ave revised in recent times is the visa processing times.With the Aus visas costing an arm and a leg the way they do, one not only wonders what the silence is about from their end, but why its taking so bloomin' long.

Not sure if this helps but useful never the less into getting some more insight in the current state of affairs with regard to the visa process.

http://www.immagine-immigration.com/immigration-blog/post/australian-immigration-changes-good-bad-and-ugly/

I've just looked up processing time for 189 visa and it is 8-11 months from lodgement date. So only 2 months in so far and haven't reached the "front of the queue" yet.  Most of the processing time is "waiting in the queue" time because there are just so many applications nowadays.  It's frustrating on a personal level but you are not being treated unfairly.  It will come through. Now what can you keep busy with while you are waiting because once it does come through everything snowballs with selling stuff, cleaning and packing and that's when it feels like you have the opposite problem where there is not enough time.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2017 at 0:59 PM, RYLC said:

Now what can you keep busy with while you are waiting because once it does come through everything snowballs with selling stuff, cleaning and packing and that's when it feels like you have the opposite problem where there is not enough time.

This is the problem we are in. So we have decided to start sorting our stuff into 3 groups, things that come with to Aus, things that we will get rid of just before we move (cars vacuum cleaner DIY home repair stuff etc) and things we really should have gotten rid of a long time ago, and the last group is being sold/donated now. 

We have also started looking at moving companies and will get an initial quote from them soon, we are hoping to use this to help narrow down who we like and who we don't want to use. 
it feels good to be doing something. 

We are also getting the house ready for selling (painting and fixing things up) and then we will put it in the market in Sept, but we want to sell even if we don't get the VISA, so unless you have reasons to move locally I wouldn't recommend doing this before you have the VISA. 

it feels good getting stuff done and doing something to prep for when the VISA comes. 

I also know that if I didn't have this forum, I would have been a nervous wreck by now. Thanks to the forum I know that everyone is still waiting, it's not just us, so I'm not worried we did something wrong and that it is causing the delay. 

• Like 2

Visa Application Processing Times – Updated 17th May 2017

Posted on May 23, 2017 by Michelle LeFevre - 457 Visa, General Visa Information

about-us-ticket-e1495518578593.png

Visa Type

Stream

75% of applications processed in

90% of applications processed in

Work & Skilled Visas
186 Employer Nomination Scheme Agreement 5 Months 7 Months
186 Employer Nomination Scheme Direct Entry 9 Months 11 Months
186 Employer Nomination Scheme Temporary Residence Transition 8 Months 10 Months
189 Skilled – Independent   4 Months 6 Months
190 Skilled – Nominated   4 Months 7 Months
  • Like 1

My family is in Melbourne and they advised me that everyone who lodged before the 01 July 2017 will fall under the above processing times.

• Like 1

My wife had an interview this morning and the person also said that we can expect our visa in the middle of next month..... But not guaranteed.... still trying tonbe positive 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, lovelife said:

Visa Application Processing Times – Updated 17th May 2017

Posted on May 23, 2017 by Michelle LeFevre - 457 Visa, General Visa Information

about-us-ticket-e1495518578593.png

Visa Type

Stream

75% of applications processed in

90% of applications processed in

Work & Skilled Visas
186 Employer Nomination Scheme Agreement 5 Months 7 Months
186 Employer Nomination Scheme Direct Entry 9 Months 11 Months
186 Employer Nomination Scheme Temporary Residence Transition 8 Months 10 Months
189 Skilled – Independent   4 Months 6 Months
190 Skilled – Nominated   4 Months 7 Months

This up date is for 17 May 2017 the latest update 20 July reflects 8-11 months

A lot of movement on immitracker suddenly regarding 189 visas. Holding thumbs and praying our docs are picked up soon and processed quickly.

Good luck everybody!

• Like 3

Hi All

You are correct Karools......two of my friends got granted their 189 visas ......holding thumbs

This is going to be a good month for us all........

Good luck everybody!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Darran said:

VISA GRANTED!!!!

OVER.THE.MOON!!!

Congrats @Darran :D That is awesome news!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Darran said:

VISA GRANTED!!!!

OVER.THE.MOON!!!

WOW!! Congrats Darran.  Am so excited for you and your family.  All the best:ilikeit:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Darran said:

VISA GRANTED!!!!

OVER.THE.MOON!!!

Congratulations @Darran mate. Inspirational stuff this! What next?

• Like 1

Congrats Darran :), all the best with the rest of the plans..

• Like 2

Last year July I think we celebrated for about 10 days after our grant. Congrats

Visas are being granted all the time ........maybe we next......keep your chins up everybody.......

and get ready for good news...you could be next in line...:):D:)

1 hour ago, Darran said:

VISA GRANTED!!!!

OVER.THE.MOON!!!

Congrats @Darran. Happy for you. I got contacted by a CO today - One document outstanding

It's been a long journey forumites but it seems our time has now come. There is lots of movement for our cohot. I see the next four weeks being filled with "VISA GRANTED" MESSAGES

• Like 1

Congratulations @Darran

It is such an awesome feeling to get your grant. Just bask in the moment for now.

• Like 1