Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

There is no clear time between AOS and getting a request for 2nd VAC payment. Make sure your MYGOV is able to connect with Centrelink email. The letter does not just appear in the MYGOV account.

• Thanks 1

@FussyBee

Hi FussyBee

I also received phone call from centrelink last Friday for interview. In end, officer said they will send letter soon. Hopefully we both will receive by end of week.

Also regarding timeline you asking, unfortunately there is no timeline as such. One of my friend got visa approved in 2 days after sending bank letter to centrelink. Everything was done so quickly. Another friend waiting more than 1 month now after sending bank letter to centrelink. 

I know its very frustrating as we all have to organise stuff.

So just keep waiting as we are almost at finish.

good luck and keep updating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gsb733 said:

@gsb733

Hi gsb733 

Thanks for your reply. RE your friend who got visa approved in 2 days after sending bank letter to centrelink that was so quick! When did they got to paid the second fee after their complete the AoS for 2 days I wondered?

Have you got any letter/email from the Immi regarding the second payment? I am now concerned that I might missing something?

Congrats on your phone interview with the AoS. Fingers crossed we get the letter soon. I checked MYGOV/Centrelink account this morning and nothing there yet. 

@FussyBee

after submitting bank guarantee letter to centrelink, my friend got email from immi same night for second payment. Next day he paid amount and visa was granted following day. Assume he was just lucky that everything was done so quick.

but as i said before there is no exact timeline or timeframe. Could take hours to weeks.

also I received letter from centrelink just half hour ago. Hopefully you will get soon.

I will go to bank tomorrow and do payment for centrelink.

good luck

• Thanks 1

Just received a letter with an attached invoice that must be pain within 70 days. 

Once payment is made a decision will be made. We are on our way. 

• Like 1

@JIG @Ike

Wow.. congrats guys very excited news! 

Fingers crossed I will get the letter soon. My mum is here in Australia for her holiday visa until Feb next year. So hopefully her visa will be granted soon before she leaves so she can come back here straight away :)

Over the moon the wait is over. Just got letter to pay 2nd payment. 48 months later and we are on our way.

• Like 1

@JIG

OMG... I am so excited and so happy for you! Thanks for the info and all the updates.

I am keep checking my email every 5 mins lol..

Good luck :)

Congratulations @Ike @JIG For getting close to finishing line of waiting game. I applied 6 Nov15 and acknowledged on13 Nov15. I hv submitted everything month ago. If u can pls tell which date u guys applied. Then My wait will lil bit easy..Thanks 

Hi VGil. All my dates are on my post signature.I am sure you are not far away. GOOD luck.

• Thanks 1

@VGill took exactly 100 days from request for additional info to request for payment. 

Application accepted 30 October 2015. 

• Thanks 1

The day has finally come. Received notification this morning VISA GRANTED. So now the real panic begins. Booking tickets, dog injection, furniture removal saying good byes.

It has been a roller coaster ride from a 22 month wait to finally getting our visa 48 months later. We feel for those in the waiting room but keep up with time lines of other roomies it does help to more or less gauge how long you will wait. However it seems like the are on the move again with 143 and 173 visas. I will not leave this forum it has helped us stay in touch and will try and give advice where possible. Good luck to all waiting and anyone going to GOLD COAST lets catch up in the new year.

Cheers for now.

• Like 1

@JIG

congratulations and good luck for new journey here in Australia.

@FussyBee

i have submitted bank guarantee letter to centrelink today. Now lets see how long it take for final letter from centrelink.

And just to inform you it is very easy process in bank. Just take hard copy of centrelink letter to bank. Everything was done in 30 mins.

@gsb733

That's great! I have got the letter this afternoon and submitted at the Centrelink. Now waiting for the second payment etc.. 

Just a quick queation here, my mum is here in Australia with her 1 year holiday visa. Has anyone know that would they be granted her PR while she is here in Australia or she will need to leave the country then the visa can be granted? She has got 3 years visa but maximum stay 12 months of 18 months and it has the 8503 no further stay condition so I am a bit confused. We booked her to leave Oz early Feb. 

Edited by FussyBee

@FussyBee

thats great on getting bank letter. Now centrelink will send Final AOS approval letter to you and immigration. Once immigration received final AOS letter, then they will ask second payment.

Also regarding your question for visa grant. Please go to page 84-86 of this forum. You will find answer.

One of member had same situation like your and they had to leave Australia for visa to be granted. Just go through those pages.

good luck

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JIG said:

The day has finally come. Received notification this morning VISA GRANTED. So now the real panic begins. Booking tickets, dog injection, furniture removal saying good byes.

It has been a roller coaster ride from a 22 month wait to finally getting our visa 48 months later. We feel for those in the waiting room but keep up with time lines of other roomies it does help to more or less gauge how long you will wait. However it seems like the are on the move again with 143 and 173 visas. I will not leave this forum it has helped us stay in touch and will try and give advice where possible. Good luck to all waiting and anyone going to GOLD COAST lets catch up in the new year.

Cheers for now.

@JIG  so once you made payment visa is granted the following day. What payment option did you use. 

Not sure of payment method used by my son. On the invoice there are various options, ImmiAccount ,credit card,etc.

• Thanks 1

@JIG

Congrats!! At last the long wait is over. 

Welcome to the Gold Coast. Give us a PM when you are here. In which area are you going to stay?

Summer is approaching and it's going to be 34 C in the GC tomorrow. Prepare yourself for the heat and often very high humidity this summer. 

All the best with the preparations. 

@gsb733 

Thanks for the update. I got the final AoS accepted letter half an hour ago! So excited and look forward to receive email from the Immi regarding the second payment 🤗

Just found out the hard way. 

If you are in Australia when they invoice you for the second payment you have 28 days to leave and return. 

I had a planned trip some time back. 

6 Nov. Invoiced second payment 

8 Nov. Paid

10 Nov.  Arrived, visitors visa.  Planned trip long time ago. 

11 Nov. Given until 3 Dec to leave Australia so that the parent visa can be issued. 

Given 5 days to provide proof of travel plans. 

Must give them 5 working days to issue the visa before returning to Australia. 

Costly exercise, both in time and money.  

• Sad 1

😡.Bad news. tight schedule they give you.

Hi Dirk. We have bought in Tallebudgera . Will Pm you Jan2020.

• Like 1

@Ike

Oh.. that's no good! I just received the accept letter from the AoS Centrelink today and waiting for the email from the Immigration re the second payment. 

My mum is here in Australia with her visitor visa until early Feb next year. What would happen to my mum case? I have already bought her a plane ticket. Should I email the Immigration now to let them know that my mum is here in Australia ? Or should I wait until I paid the second payment then advise them? Any advise would be much appreciate. Thanks guys.