Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

WOOHOO - great news I received an email from IMMI with request to pay....I am beyond excited AND it is my daughters birthday tomorrow so a great gift to us both

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Maz said:

WOOHOO - great news I received an email from IMMI with request to pay....I am beyond excited AND it is my daughters birthday tomorrow so a great gift to us both

Congratulations to both of you . That is indeed great news after waiting so patiently.

We got our  143 visa grant this morning. Very excited . The best part is For first entry , arrive by  24 July 2020. That is good for us as we are  not ready to go yet...

Good luck  for everybody who is waiting for their turn....  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nazmeen said:

Congratulations to both of you . That is indeed great news after waiting so patiently.

We got our  143 visa grant this morning. Very excited . The best part is For first entry , arrive by  24 July 2020. That is good for us as we are  not ready to go yet...

Congratulations. I am sure that the wait will be well worth it. Good to see that you have been given quiet a lead time to activate the visa as it gives one time to wrap up things. We continue to wait our application to be processed but remain positive.

Hi.

Just wanting to know, my siblings and I now all live in Australia, and waiting for folks 143 visa to come through after having applied for it back in Sept 2016. If, while waiting for the visa, either is diagnosed with cancer, and it's treatable, is there a chance for them to get through their medicals, and if not, is there some sort of compassionate consideration considering all their kids are living here? If still not possible, is there any other option for them to come over on a different visa, etc?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

15 hours ago, nazmeen said:

Congrats Nazmeen!

Hello friends, My name is Ray & I live in Australia.

Four years ago I lodged my mother's contributory visa 143. The forum is so helpful, I kept reading all your comments/moments of frustration, happiness, anxiety & patience.

Recently there is a progress on my mum's application. I thought I'll share the timeline with you (please note she is yet to receive correspondence for 2nd visa charge)

Application lodged - 09/09/2015

Request for further documents (Form 80, medicals, AoS, PCC) - 02/07/2019

AoS finalised - 11/07/2019 (Process was quick, it all happened within a week with few trips to centrelink office to manually extract the letter)

Requested documents sent to immigration office -18/07/2019

We are waiting for immigration office to review the documents & request for final payment.

Whilst it appears all members in this forum based in South Africa, the comments/discussions were quite helpful.

My mum lives in India.

• Like 3

We have movement. “parents” now state that they are processing September 2015. Just over a month to complete August. 

Getting closer. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 2:38 PM, acmac said:

Hi.

Just wanting to know, my siblings and I now all live in Australia, and waiting for folks 143 visa to come through after having applied for it back in Sept 2016. If, while waiting for the visa, either is diagnosed with cancer, and it's treatable, is there a chance for them to get through their medicals, and if not, is there some sort of compassionate consideration considering all their kids are living here? If still not possible, is there any other option for them to come over on a different visa, etc?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi,

We were told that they would not consider the application until a period of 5 years has passed and the person had to be clear of cancer. Our 5 years will be up next month so hopefully when they come to assess the application all will be good. Our application was lodged in March 2016.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Newfuture said:

Hi,

We were told that they would not consider the application until a period of 5 years has passed and the person had to be clear of cancer. Our 5 years will be up next month so hopefully when they come to assess the application all will be good. Our application was lodged in March 2016.

Thanks NewFuture. My dad has had a diagnosis, but the doctor says he was able to remove the tumour, but will only know for certain whether all is clear in October. Unfortunately, my parents already paid for VAC1 back in September 2016. My parents are stuck in SA all by themselves, as my siblings and I have all moved to Australia a couple years ago. Just very lonely for them and a really sad situation as we can see depression taking a hold and our hands are tied. Any help with what other options are available to get them across if the 143 visa isn't approved? The 143 visa did seem to be the one with least number of refusals, so had my hopes up.

Also, if the 143 is still on the cards, are they able to come over on a 600 visa? 

Thank you in advance for any help

@acmac. Certainly the visitors visa will still be allowed, perhaps with some private medical coverage requirements but certainly they will be able to visit while waiting on the 143 visa grant. 

Ask @TeeTMI. Perhaps she can give you options and advice.

Best wishes for your dad's full recovery soon.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Elna57 said:

@acmac. Certainly the visitors visa will still be allowed, perhaps with some private medical coverage requirements but certainly they will be able to visit while waiting on the 143 visa grant. 

Ask @TeeTMI. Perhaps she can give you options and advice.

Best wishes for your dad's full recovery soon.

Thanks Elna, really appreciate it

Hello all

this is my second post here.

My agent received email this morning from immigration. Case officer only asked to apply assurance of support. Email didn’t say to provide form 80 or any other document. I applied my parents 143 visa on 02/11/2015.

Did anyone else who applied around that time received any email?

update on this..

received another email from case officer requesting all other documents like from 80, medical etc.

so happy

Edited by gsb733
  • Like 2

Hi gsb733. We applied in Nov 2015 confirmation round about 17 Nov so hoping for a request shortly. Great news on your part.

Acknowledgement letter 30 October 2015

Request for additional information and AOS. NOW!!     Monday 29 July 2019. 8:12

I am shaking. 

• Like 2

Ike, this is great news things are moving along nicely. Getting real now butterflies wizzing around our tummies. So exciting.

Tazzy any news from your application?????

Edited by JIG

If my parents have applied for 143 visa (with my father as primary applicant) and paid VAC1, if my father is rejected due to medicals, will my mother automatically be rejected for the visa too even though she's in the clear?

YEE HAAA  Over the moon , got a call at 03:00 this morning from our son in Aus to provide further docs. The process has started.

So. Applied 13 Nov 2015, further docs 31 July 2019. Will be re-doing Police clearance on Friday and booking Medicals today.

Has anyone's sponsor for AOS applied online  through MyGov. and if so what sort of time line??

Hi Rayz . Was that online through MyGov account??

49 minutes ago, Rayz said:

Hi Jig, yes it is through MyGov account. I'm not aware of any other way to apply for AoS.

All the best.

Hi Rayz, can pls give some hints ,How  you got this done so quick. Normally it takes 6 months.. thanks

@VGill, 6 months  is unusually long time. I'm not aware of this timeline.

Once I had my identity checked at Centrelink on a Friday, I got a call from AoS team on Monday & a final acceptance email by following Friday.

Sorry there are no hints/tips to follow.

Edited by Rayz

56 minutes ago, Rayz said:

@VGill, 6 months  is unusually long time. I'm not aware of this timeline.

Once I had my identity checked at Centrelink on a Friday, I got a call from AoS team on Monday & a final acceptance email by following Friday.

Sorry there are no hints/tips to follow.

Thanks. For providing this information .  So u applied through mygov. Which part of Aus did u apply in? 

May b it varies according to the state.

thanks