Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

Hi All,

It has gone awfully quiet in this forum. Just sharing that I have seen May'16 including late May'16 143 applicants being asked for further documentation in another group. 

Thought I'd share this with all just to lift the mood a bit :) 

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CFDS said:

Hi All,

It has gone awfully quiet in this forum. Just sharing that I have seen May'16 including late May'16 143 applicants being asked for further documentation in another group. 

Thought I'd share this with all just to lift the mood a bit :)

Thanks for sharing, in these unusual times it is always good for people to know things are still moving. 

I can also confirm that I have had recent correspondence from the Parent Processing Team.

• Like 2

On 5/22/2020 at 1:15 AM, TeeTMI said:

Thanks for sharing, in these unusual times it is always good for people to know things are still moving. 

I can also confirm that I have had recent correspondence from the Parent Processing Team.

Hi all yes it is good to hear that they are still looking at applications however the final approvals appear to still be on hold due to the uncertainty of international travel schedules. Hopefully we will see further progress and updates soon. Stay positive andsafe

• Like 1

Hi all

it’s a long time Im following this forum while Im waiting for my parents to come to Australia 

I sppled for them in September 2017 could anyone please give me an estimate date their visa would be granted?

I’m loosing my hope recently while they are in the queue for 3 years now snd getting old 😢

A quick heads-up. 

We are expecting an update in respect of the Parent visa application delivery address details - I do not know exactly when.  
If you are looking to lodge a Parent visa application in the near future you might keep an eye out for this.

• Like 2

Hi Guys , 

Would like to share a surprising stuff . My close friend's dad  came to Sydney in visitor visa 600 and couldn't able to go back due to covid-19 .  They wanted to apply 143 visa for dad, since he is a single parent and his only child is in Sydney . 

He had no-further stay condition in his visitor visa 600 ,  so he couldn't able to apply for 143 visa . They contacted the department , and department told to send waive request for no-further condition and then apply for 143 visa . 

They applied for the waiver and then applied for 143 visa while dad is in Sydney . After applying for 143 visa , department send him the bridging visa , without even applying for visitor visa 600.

Now his dad doesn't need to apply for visitor visa 600 , since he can stay in bridging visa in Sydney until the 143 visa is finalised . This is a big shock to me , until now I was thinking bridging visa doesn't apply for 143 visa . 

• Like 1

Hi all,

I am starting the process of 143 application for my parents without an agent. Could someone please guide me to any thread on her that talk about checklist of what we need initially etc ? 

What forms do I fill up to log the application ? Immi site is so confusing and I don't want to mess it up. Any help would be really appreciated. Many thanks

20 hours ago, andrew98 said:

Hi Guys , 

Would like to share a surprising stuff . My close friend's dad  came to Sydney in visitor visa 600 and couldn't able to go back due to covid-19 .  They wanted to apply 143 visa for dad, since he is a single parent and his only child is in Sydney . 

He had no-further stay condition in his visitor visa 600 ,  so he couldn't able to apply for 143 visa . They contacted the department , and department told to send waive request for no-further condition and then apply for 143 visa . 

They applied for the waiver and then applied for 143 visa while dad is in Sydney . After applying for 143 visa , department send him the bridging visa , without even applying for visitor visa 600.

Now his dad doesn't need to apply for visitor visa 600 , since he can stay in bridging visa in Sydney until the 143 visa is finalised . This is a big shock to me , until now I was thinking bridging visa doesn't apply for 143 visa . 

This is really interesting. Strange times and strange things happen. But happy for the family who got this opportunity. They are blessed. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone

We are finally days away from submitting our forms for the Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143 - yeah).  I have however one question and hope someone will be able to please help me with this question.   

My Son will be the Approved Family Parent Sponsor, however there is a question asking if his partner is currently an approved family parent sponsor?  Yes or No ??

My understanding is that only 1 person can be a parent sponsor (as attached below) per household, is this correct?  

Please can someone clarify this for me.

Many thanks

Approved family parent sponsor

Page Content

As this sponsorship arrangement limits the approval of a parent sponsor to one approved sponsorship per household, information about a current partner (i.e. spouse or de facto partner), must be provided as part of this application.

Information for already-approved parent sponsors

The approval of a person as a parent sponsor is limited to one approval per person, or per household. If you, or your spouse or de facto partner have already been approved as a parent sponsor, or have applied for approval and the application made has not yet been finally determined, the Department may not be able to consider your application further, and it may be refused.

Information for already-approved parent sponsors - varying a term of approval

Approved parent sponsors can make an application to vary a term of their approval.  If you are an already-approved parent sponsor, to vary a term of approval, you must complete this form, and attach all relevant information supporting the term of approval you are wanting to vary.  Should your application to vary a term of approval, be refused, this refusal decision does not affect your approval as an already-approved parent sponsorship.

@Erzsi

As far as I understand that, the sponsor is limited to one person OR household (child and partner).

The approval of a person as a parent sponsor is limited to one approval per person, or per household.

The "sponsorship" can be per household   to one approved sponsorship per household

But if he has already applied or been approved alone ("per person"), and then applies again with his partner (per household), then the Department may not be able to consider your application further, and it may be refused.

Hope this makes sense. And all the best !

Hi All, 

Just wanted to share some news. I learnt from another forum that someone who had paid the second vac in March 2020 just before the pandemic was granted the 143 visa yesterday. 

It is really great to hear that there is progress with DIPB and how they are processing applications. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, 

It's really quiet in this room. Hope all are well. 

Has there been any movement. Any one had any correspondence from DIBP? 

• Like 1

PARENT VISA Processing Times Update as of 9th June 2020

As at the 9th June processing has reached applications lodged in May 2016 for the :
- Contributory Parent (143) + Contributory Aged Parent (864)*
and
- Contributory Parent (Temp) (173) + Contributory Aged Parent (Temp) (884)*
* NB: for the 864, and 884 processing had reached later than this (Jan 17) but a policy change means they are currently waiting until they match.

For the:

Parent (103) + Aged Parent (804) Assessment queuing reached: Jun 2017. Processing applications for visa grant has reached applications with a Queued date of August 2010.

* NB: for the 804 processing had reached later than this (May 2012) but a policy change means they are currently waiting until these visas match.

COVID-19 Comment: Processing of visa applications is continuing, however finalisation of many Parent Visa applications will be put on temporary hold. The situation will be reviewed in late May 2020, and further extension/s will be provided if necessary.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All , 

Have any June'16 applicants heard from DIBP lately? Please share. 

Stay safe and Stay healthy!

• Like 2

Hi all,

I am new to this forum but often read the topics for advice and it's super helpful! I am now in need of some clarification surrounding the Contributory Parental Visa for my parents who live in South Africa. They have Dutch passports but they have expired and they would need to travel to Holland in order to renew them.

I live in Brisbane (have been for 3 years) and have my PR based on my Dutch passport (originally from SA). Is it a possibility for my parents to do one the following:

A. Can they come over to Aus on their Dutch passports on a Holiday Visa and then apply for the CPV while they are here? Would they fall onto the Bridging Visa then until the CPV is approved? I am aware that it can take up to 5 years to be approved. 

B. Come over to Aus on their SA passports and apply for the CPV while here and receive the Bridging Visa?

Does the Bridging Visa come into affect while waiting for the CPV? Can they be living in the country up until it gets approved?

I have read online that it says you can't be in the country when it gets approved. How does that work?

Any guidance here would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 12:54 PM, CFDS said:

Hi All , 

Have any June'16 applicants heard from DIBP lately? Please share. 

Stay safe and Stay healthy!

All Quite 23 June 2016 applicant myself

• Like 1

You are so close Sakkie! My mom is a May 2018 applicant. feels like a lifetime of waiting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SakkieJansevanRensburg said:

All Quite 23 June 2016 applicant myself

I'm a May 2016 applicant and I haven't heard anything as yet. 

I guess we have to be patient, especially at a time when Aus are having a new wave of covid-19.

• Like 1

Hi All, 

Glad to share with you all that I have been requested for further docs for my in-laws today. 

Happy days ! 

I have also updated my timeline. 

Edited by CFDS
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, CFDS said:

Hi All, 

Glad to share with you all that I have been requested for further docs for my in-laws today. 

Happy days ! 

Please may I ask when they applied???

Thanks for letting us know.  Congratulations and keep us all in the loop how you navigate forward in this COVID life!

its so encouraging to hear - let’s keep the ball rolling as we get our notification.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WendyAllison said:

Please may I ask when they applied???

@WendyAllison Theirs was a 2/6/2016 application.  I have just updated my timeline as well.

10 hours ago, CFDS said:

@WendyAllison Theirs was a 2/6/2016 application.  I have just updated my timeline as well.

You are so fortunate. Very happy for you and your family.  I'm May 2016 and still haven't heard anything. I've sent emails but had no response.  I'll keep the group updated when I hear from them.

All the best :) 

• Like 2

On 06 July 2020 at 1:24 PM, CFDS said:

Hi All, 

Happy days ! 

Congratulations. Are you onshore or offshore

• Like 1