Visa Application Questions

vengefire

Hello folks,

I submitted my EOI for a 189 visa on the 2017/12/23 and received my Invitation to apply 2017/01/03.

I've gathered all the documentation required barring the following (which has been applied for, but I'm waiting on), which I wanted to get some more information regarding:

1) My unabridged birth certificate - Is this required? I have my original Proof of registration of Birth, as well as an abridged birth certificate. The registration document has both my parent's ID numbers on, and I thought if I get certified copies of their ID Documents that this might suffice.

2) Unabridged marriage certificate - Is this required? I have our original marriage certificate given to us when we married in 2013. I think that the marriage certificate alongside our antenuptial agreement, joint bond account statement, and assorted photographs over the last 17 years will suffice.

Input on this matter will be much appreciated :-)

Thanks

Hi Vengefire, 

It should be fine for you to lodge the visa application with the abridged birth and marriage certificates along with other evidence as you mentioned, but to be safe it would be better for you to submit the unabridged certificates prior to the time of decision to avoid any delays in case they are requested at a later date. 

• Like 1

From the advice I have received from my agent the guidelines given by the DIBC is that the details of both parents must appear on the birth certificate for it to be valid. I have also read this on the website border.gov.au.

We have submitted only an abridged marriage certificate and were told that will suffice.

• Like 1