Which shipping company for container to Adelaide?

Rosa1035

We are looking at shipping companies, and managed to shortlist it down to a few based on people's experiences and opinions on this site. We were almost settled on CargoPak when I read a few threads on how dreadful they were for Adelaide, specifically when sharing a container. We will not be sharing a container, and the thread is now quite a few years old, so possibly things have changed? I was hoping for some up-to-date honest opinions from people who have landed in Adelaide within the last year or 2, and if possible approximations of how long it took. (I believe it takes longer to Adelaide than the bigger cities). 

Thanks so much! Only 309 more sleeps!! :ilikeit:

Ros :)

Hi Ros,

We have recently arrived in Adelaide (Hallett Cove) and used CargoPak for our shipping.

Our container has not arrived as yet - due to dock on 17 Feb 2016 so can't comment on having received the container yet. We packed a full 20ft container (so not shared)

Having said that, we were VERY happy with CargoPak's efficiency in South Africa and Don Kerr (the owner) is very approachable. We have had good communication from them and they have responded promptly to our queries and emails.

I hope this helps your decision.

• Like 1

Hi Minks, 

Thanks for letting me know! We have them coming through tomorrow so we can suss them out. Generally I have heard fantastic reports about them, its just those few worrying ones that make you question everything. But I guess that the emigration process from beginning to end! Always worrying and second guessing decisions, when eventually it all works out regardless of the stress that we ourselves through!

Thanks again,

Ros :)

Hi. We are using Bayleys - but heading to Melbourne. From the interviews we had they had the best service, and also the lowest quote per square meter. They packed us up yesterday and we were happy with what they did.

Best of luck!

• Like 1

Just don't use any company that utilises Conroy Removals for the Australian leg - they are hopeless! I believe that Bayley's uses Grace Removals and they have a good reputation (as does Bayleys itself).

• Like 1

Thanks all! We had Dave from CargoPak over and was very impressed. He was very knowledgeable and spent over an hour just chatting to us, answering our long list of questions, and offering some good advice. Apparently they use a company called AussieMoves the Adelaide  side so we will just check up on them. We will have Pickfords and Bayleys coming through just for comparative costings.

Minks, if things do go horribly awry on the Aussie side, would you mind letting me know? Thank you! 

Only 297 more sleeps!! ?✈️???

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ros,

No problem! Still waiting for a final date for our container (but that's just shipping - nothing to do with the providers ;-)

Will let you know once it's delivered!