189's Lodged April 2015

vanSchoorFamily

Hi Leavingforgood.

No we received the VPO assigned email as well as the request form 80 mail. As far as I can tell the 189 and 190 visas are pretty much the same rodeo - the only difference is the 190 is state sponsored. Our expression of interest received an additional few points because we are state sponsored by WA. We are therefor bound to stay and work in WA for the first two years after entry. The rest of the terms and processes are exactly the same. The additional step of state sponsorship adds about a week to processing time but the invitation rounds and approval process and requirements operate on the same system. I know with the 190 you have to have proof of liquid assets to the value of X amount available for settling costs. The state sponsorship just boosts your points to increase chances of an invitation - the 190 is also a permanent residency visa which will allow you to apply for citizenship after x amount of time has lapsed. Hoping everything will be finalised this week that we can start the process with our dogs.

What a way to start a Monday. We got our grants this morning :ilikeit:

For all the others that applied in April and after, I hope you guys also get your grants soon...

Edited by SDTCPT
  • Like 8

I strongly agree!

We just received notice of approval as well.

It is quite the relief, seeing we applied in February already.

Now there is a whole lot of other worries on the plate, but at least the wait is over.

Wish me luck, I am about to have a very uncomfortable conversation with my bosses.

I need to give 3 months notice which is a bit of a downer, but hey, nothing is going spoil my day today.

• Like 4

Congrats! SDTCP, under what on the SOL list did you apply again? It looks like the majority of grants for July this far is only for the IT Engineers. Let's hope we all get good news this week

Congrats SDTCPT and maplanka - great way to start the week!

Congrats to both of you, i wish you well in the coming months.

Congratulations to both of you!! All the best for your future in Aus!!

Hi Leavingforgood,

I applied under Accountant - General...

We got ours! Praise the Lord!

• Like 2

Congratulations!!! Things are moving now pretty fast around here!

Congratulations AndreCarla! Gosh it feels like we've become a visa family, I get so excited when I see someone has been granted a visa :-)

Congrats to all who've received their visas!!! We've sent through our PCCs last Friday and are hoping to hear back from the case officer this week... :whome:

Hey guys.... :offtopic:

for the 189, one does not need to show that you have a certain amount of funds right....

How lissaness, not as far as I know. I don't think the worry too much about it

Sorry, auto correct..... Tried to say Hi, not how

• Like 1

Hi All,

Does anybody know if there is proof of funds needed for a 190 South Australia application?

Hi Ramses - Yes all 190 visa applications require proof of finance. This will be requested upon state sponsorship application but not there after. Each state has different requirements WA requires R300 k Queensland is much higher I'm not too sure about SA.

Thank you all - we are holding thumbs for everyone who is still waiting and hope to hear great news about your Visa grants soon! Someone upstairs must have been listening to our prayers :)

• Like 1

Popping bottles! We got Visas!!!!

Congrats! Enjoy your celebratory weekend :ilikeit:

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting, waiting, waiting & more waiting! Application submitted 2 April (116 days ago), CO assigned 18 May (70 days ago), Medicals arrived in Sydney 14 June (43 days ago), Confirmation that medicals has been processed and sent to CO 24 July (4days ago) Status on immi account last updated on 18 May, no further documents uploaded by our agent that were requested by CO - says they have emailed it to the CO before our 12 June deadline. Am I just impatient or just dumb?????? How much longer do we wait before contacting CO/MARA/Who ever that care?

Just hang in there leavingforgood, I know it really is horrid but the end is in sight. We also had a few documents go missing during the process. We opted to take screenshots of everything once uploaded - when we resent via mail we attached them as proof of submission... (not very professional but that's what happens if you leave two thirty-somethings to their own devices...) We also made a mistake on our original application which the CO corrected for us after seeking our permission to do so. This slowed down our grant process by at least 4-6 weeks. Although it felt like a lifetime of waiting we did get them in the end. This has taught me that no news is good news - if they were planning on refusing your visa they would have done so already and would not have invested more time than necessary. I'm sure it will come through within the next couple of weeks :)