189's Lodged April 2015

vanSchoorFamily

Hi Leavingforgood the link you posted, what is it about? Is it the progress of the VISA's? If I may ask where did you get it?

Thank you

Have a nice day

Hi JAPelser, it was posted on I think the Marchers thread. Have been going around for some time now. Just a nice tool to have. Obviously not all the applications is on there but gives one a good idea what's going on.

Congrats MartinK2409!

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I never realised about Australia, until I lived here, is how slow things are leading up to and for a few weeks after 01 July. Back in RSA, a year end will come and go, and the only people who seem to worry about it were the accountants.

In any event, who woke up this morning feeling rather lucky?

I will feel lucky when I get our grant e-mail :) I hope that from tomorrow on we will see some movement on the visa issue front and that all of us that have been waiting patiently or not so patiently... (I am most definitely in the latter camp) will get the news we are waiting for...

• Like 2

I stopped looking at the calendar last week - it was proving too stressful counting down the days. Realised it's the 30th June today and realised it may be soon, thank goodness!!!! Now to try and pack the next few days with a large to-do list, to take my mind off of checking emails every 5 seconds.... ;-) Good luck everyone!

• Like 2

Hi everyone, just a bit off the waiting topic, will everyone who lodged in April make the move this year to Aus? Which state will you move to and last one, have you ever visited Aus before?

Hi Leavingforgood - yes if granted we would like to pack and make the move in December this year. We have never visited Aus and will be moving to WA. I must admit we don't know if we will get it or not, we have not received much feedback after sending the additional information mid-May and don't know if we should follow up or not. We don't want to delay the process or keep VPOs away from processing visas. Hopefully this is normal... there is no use in speculating at this point, perhaps it would be best for us to try forget about it until we receive feedback of some sort. We have applied for a 190 state sponsored visa via WA.

Hi Leavingforgood,

We visited Aus in 2013. We were in the SW of WA, Bunbury and surrounds. My wife has family there. As it stands we are looking at moving over by this time next year heading to WA. But that may change depending on what happens (who knows, if one of us can get a job before we go that might change the state and date we move). Hoped that we would be able to start planning the move today... but alas no grant e-mail yet :(

Thanks for the responses, our plan is for me to go first to WA, looking for a job & setting up house in WA. Since we are in the mining industry, we thought going the route of just loosing salary might ease the financial burden on our family. We are also still waiting on a positive response on our 189! I believe we will be hearing from our agent/CO soon!

Oh & we've never been to Aus, just US, Fillipenes and other African countries

We stay in Perth, and to be honest with you, if you have kids, WA trumps any state... (yes that statement will cause a war to erupt in about 5, 4, 3...) I recently turned down the opportunity to transfer to our Sydney office, because of the great lifestyle we have here.

Congrats Weddintog!!!!! Now let's hope everyone else recieve that kind of news soon

• Like 1

I agree Leavingforgood! We should all coordinate our flights and have a massive group exit :-) I'm holding thumbs for everyone, I really hope everyone gets good news soon!

• Like 1

Congrats!

• Like 1

Congratulations Weddingtog!

I agree Leavingforgood! We should all coordinate our flights and have a massive group exit :-) I'm holding thumbs for everyone, I really hope everyone gets good news soon!

On the massive group exit note - if you are thinking about moving in 2015, and don't need a full container to ship your goods, we're shipping groupage from Cape Town to Melbourne, and need to wait for a full container load before it can leave . We're using Execumove....just in case anyone else doesn't have or need a full container load and is planning same route as us.......

• Like 1

Great news :ilikeit:

We have received feedback from the immigration people - although we have not received a visa as yet they have pointed out that we made an inadvertent mistake on our original application. This said they would like to correct our score on their side and then assess our application accordingly. This is both good and bad news. However, I am sure they won't be going to all this trouble for us if they intended on declining our visa. Let's hold thumbs for the next few weeks - hopefully there won't be any more delays or issues. It makes me wonder if going through an agent does not have its merits...

Hi DBredenhann, well indeed good news that you guys have heard from them! Try not to stress out too much about it. As you said, they would not have contacted you if there were no interest or anything positive on your application. I am not familiar with the 190 visa at all. Was this the first contact from them after you have lodged?