189's Lodged April 2015

vanSchoorFamily

I read on another forum that all available places have been filled for this year. Really don't know how true it is, but taking into account that no one has registered any VISA Grants on the tracker since 20/05, I might just have to believe it.

Interesting, I wonder if it include those who have been assigned with a CO already?

I don't really know, I just wonder why these things aren't more transparent.

Agent informed me this morning than a CO has been appointed and they requested medicals and police clearance. Application went in on 10 April.

• Like 1

Congrats Cazzac we are edging closer to our goals

Hi guys

We lodged in March and I got an email last week Fri from one of the VPOs that there are very few spots left for 189s for this intake year (which I understand ends in june) and that applications, even if in the final stage like ours, will take longer than usual. Think this is a soft way of saying we should not expect anything before July. Just a heads up!

I must admit that I think you are right. At least we have a long weekend to look forward to in WA, it might just be the thing I need, to take my mind of thinking about it to much.

Edited by dirkv

Went for medicals today! The the lady at the doc's office asked where she have to send all the documents? (We stay in Nam)Contacted agent and she informed us it needs to be submitted online. Then lady said they don't do it that way, they send it to Aus consulate in SA or in Aus!?!?! Oh what to do now......

When we did our medicals for our 457 VISA last year, we made certain that they (the doctor) was linked to the e-medical system. My suggestion would be to follow the below link, it seems that you guys only have the one option:

http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Locations/Pages/Namibia.aspx

Thanks Dirkv, yup we went to this doc on the link. They are two at one practice. Waiting to hear what agent & co suggest.

Everyone still here? I hate waiting, that's the main reason I never enjoy angling.

Hi Dirk, yup still here & also hate angling, but I think we will have to be a bit more patient by the looks of it ??????

• Like 1

Sent the extra info requested to our VPO last Thursday...still waiting to hear back from him. This last week (almost) has been the worst part of the waiting game. Being sick also, is not helping... Will let you guys know as soon as we know...

• Like 1

All our medicals & PCC's requested are done and sent in. Had to DHL our medicals to Sydney for processing since our doc in Namibia don't have the option of loading it electronically ?. Nevertheless everything is now out of our hands. Can just wait & pray that we will be getting our grant soon, although I think it will only be in July. How's everyone else doing?

Lodged our 489 on 20 April and we were assigned a Case Officer on Tuesday! He only asked for medicals and our youngest son's unabridged, which we blessedly also collected from Home Affairs on Tue. Still don't have our marriage certificate or my unabridged BC.......so grateful!

• Like 1

Great to heat that there are movement. We are still waiting, I was really hoping to hear something at this stage, hoping that no news, is good news.

Hi all in Cape Town

Sorry I'm jumping in on your thread here, I'm a June lodger!

Those who have done their medicals already can you give advice, recommend whos best, in Town or Tyger Valley?

We have two moody teenagers and a two year old so need someone quick but good with kids!

Much appreciated.

Hi Wannagonow,my daughter went to the one in Tygervalley. Dorette there helped us & since she went with my parents, she calmed her down a lot and were very professional & helpful. Hope this helps

Hi Wannagonow, I have two toddlers, not sure who has it worse for queues, you or me ;-) We went to Tygervalley and they were great, I highly recommend them. Good luck!

Hi guys! Just update, we submitted our PR application 18 March and got our visas on Monday..totally out the blue! Praise God! Good luck to you all :)

• Like 5

God is good indeed! Congrats Martin and all the best for the next steps in your adventure.

Thanks guys!! Already here, moved here on 457 in January :) any questions, just PM me :)