Things you can get in South Africa but not in Australia and vice versa

Skinierkie

Lol probably. Here's hoping the interest is short-lived ;)

Haha. Not seeing this one as potential son in law material then?

Lol probably. Here's hoping the interest is short-lived ;)

The interest in beer can crushing or your daughter? My girl must come home with a Tin Can Slammer, we'll have to have a good old fashioned Saffa chat.

The interest in beer can crushing or your daughter? My girl must come home with a Tin Can Slammer, we'll have to have a good old fashioned Saffa chat.

I've never seen him drink anything, promise! :) I just don't like boyfriends, y'know? Poor kid doesn't really stand a chance.

Edited by Bronwyn&Co

Boyfriends are a parents natural enemy and we are bound by a code of ethics and nature to distrust, dislike and make their lives a living hell until the day they get married and even then we don't have to be nice to them. :P

• Like 2

I have boys so don't be so harsh... I worry about the girls as much as you lot worry about the boys!

• Like 2

Bronwyn is doing what I would do.................nothing.............and hoping it dies a natural death, the sure fire way to get your daughter to commit to someone that is perhaps not what you would wish ( not saying he is though) is to voice your disapproval................it's a reverse psychology thing............lol ..........

I have boys so don't be so harsh... I worry about the girls as much as you lot worry about the boys!

I've got one of each, a girl that I reckon could hold her own against any lad, and a boy who is such a gentle, kind soul..............it's him I'll be worrying about........................................and if any girl is mean to him she'll have this face to deal with :angry2:

• Like 3

Oh I'm the evil one who knows how to scare people without saying a word. Can manipulate with the best of them. :P

Oh I'm the evil one who knows how to scare people without saying a word. Can manipulate with the best of them. :P

So she'll still be living at home at 35 then?..............................lol

35 huh, try 50. :P

35 huh, try 50. :P

Making sure you have a live-in nurse for your old age, then?

:D

For those of you in Oz busy missing Wimpy breakfasts...

post-18547-0-00050100-1395142966_thumb.j

• Like 2

Gordon why did they burn the wors? Can you please rather order a mushroom burger and post a photo? Lol.

I worry almost more about my boys too Eva, somehow I know my daughter has a better left hook in need ;)

Gordon why did they burn the wors? Can you please rather order a mushroom burger and post a photo? Lol.

I worry almost more about my boys too Eva, somehow I know my daughter has a better left hook in need ;)

It really will be my pleasure... :)

• Like 1

Aaah, it's been a while since I've had that radioactive tomato sauce. :)

I got all excited when you said mushroom burger and had a google frenzy.................I almost had tickets booked back to RSA.......................and then I saw it, it's meat!

I got all excited when you said mushroom burger and had a google frenzy.................I almost had tickets booked back to RSA.......................and then I saw it, it's meat!

Sorry to disappoint you Andrea. I do miss the vegetarian platters we used to get everywhere. Baked potato, creamed spinach, pumpkin, mushrooms...never seen one of those in Australia.

Sorry to disappoint you Andrea. I do miss the vegetarian platters we used to get everywhere. Baked potato, creamed spinach, pumpkin, mushrooms...never seen one of those in Australia.

My heart is broken.

I miss the Mayonnaise but also the range of cordials ...ie Grapetizers, Halls juices etc. We have a local SA shop but it is very expensive so we adapt and find something Ozzie to enjoy.

I miss the Mayonnaise but also the range of cordials ...ie Grapetizers, Halls juices etc. We have a local SA shop but it is very expensive so we adapt and find something Ozzie to enjoy.

You can get Grapetiser and Appletiser at the local Coles and Woolies - not so much of the Ceres fruit juices, though.

• Like 1

I have checked and i am already hart sore because Oros is available in Oz but darn expensive. Beer would be alot cheaper.

Well this just means i`ll have to drink more beer then.

I have checked and i am already hart sore because Oros is available in Oz but darn expensive. Beer would be alot cheaper.

Well this just means i`ll have to drink more beer then.

Oros ingredients: Water,Sugar ,Orange Juice ,Acidifier (E296) ,Flavourant ,Colourants (E104, E110) ,Sulphur Dioxide (E223) and Benzoic Acid (E221) (Preservatives)

Yikes! Get yourself a chemist and make your own. :unsure:

Man I would kill for a Wimpy burger and chips right now... with extra relish.

:<

• Like 2

Man I would kill for a Wimpy burger and chips right now... with extra relish.

:<

Don't worry Donovan83, I will have an extra one just for you.... :)

The wife and I are enjoying our last three months of Spur, Wimpy, Boerewors rolls from Sloan Meat Market, etc

Looking forward to beach BBQ's, cheap Tim Tams (Bryanston Hobart Spar has them but at a price) and many other things... :)