New Canberrans to-be (Hopefully)

Jasper

Hey Jasper, congratulations on the SS and invite, things are on the move for you now. Before you know it you will have that visa and there won't be enough time to get everything done. :ilikeit:

Hey Jasper,

Welcome to the forum and soon to be joining us all in Canberra, we have been here 18 months now and don't ever look back.

We have made lots of friends like Keglin who we met here through the forum and Shazz who knows another friend so somehow most of us are connected.

Rentals with pets are hard to find in the ACT but not impossible, the Property Manager I work with and rent through does try hard to get pets approved and prefers renting to Saffers, most of her properties are South Side though, being Tuggeranong etc, she does have a few units in Woden.

Join the TripleC "Canberra Coffee Club" on facebook it was started by Saffers but is open to all new people moving to Canberra weather it be Aussies interstate or immigrants. We also have a lot of people here willing to help new immigrants with furniture etc and airport pickups etc, you just need to ask.

Looking forward to meeting all the new people on their way and Toitjie, at long last you will be here, been following your story since we joined the forum in 2010. There is also a new page for the people that like cycling called Saffer Blue on Facebook it is a closed group but they are open to new members a wonderful group of people they are.

Well any questions or help required for those of you joining us on this wonderful journey in this magnificent country please feel free to ask.

T

• Like 2

hi Orion...its so good to hear from you. I remember the "old" days where all of you were still on your way, like me...I feel like the last dinosaur to be leaving...but you are right....even though it took longer, I will be finally arriving in Canberra this year

I absolutely cannot wait to meet everyone that I have "met" on this forum.

• Like 2

hi Orion...its so good to hear from you. I remember the "old" days where all of you were still on your way, like me...I feel like the last dinosaur to be leaving...but you are right....even though it took longer, I will be finally arriving in Canberra this year

I absolutely cannot wait to meet everyone that I have "met" on this forum.

Everyone? I doubt that ...... ;)

Thanks folks! It's really appreciated! We aim to arrive end of next year to allow us a year to get everything sorted out on this side, like selling the house and all that. First prize is to see in the New Year (2014/2015) in Aus!

• 2 months later...

And after all this, we HAVE OUR VISA! What an incredible experience to get the mail this morning to say that it has been granted. After not hearing a single word since the application on the 24th of July, no CO or anything, today we wake up and we've got it! Wow. You don't realise just how much it affects you, until you actually get the email.

Now more than ever do I understand what everyone talks about with the waiting, and waiting, and the whole experience. Wow.

• Like 3

well done! See you in Canberra

• Like 1