How many photographers on the forum?

Riekie

I don't visit this thread often enough and after viewing all the recent pictures this morning, I realised that we have a lot of talented photographers on the forum!!! :ilikeit: How much does photography form part of your daily life? Are you a Professional, Freelance or Amateur Photographer?

How about posting your best-est best ever taken pic of Oz here so we can all admire it?!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blossom

• wendy

• Chris&Natasha

• chester

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My wife and I are both amateur photographers.

We will only have pics of Aus in a month and bits time though. But will be sure to post them when we shoot them.

Regards

Johan Swanepoel

Guest Larry

I won't post my best pics here, but I will post the three that have the most meaning (for me at least):-

2019_16-1.jpg

Ayers Rock (aka Uluru). My parents and I visited this area as part of a driving holiday in August / September 2001.

PC090011.JPG

My first view of Caloundra, where I now live, from the air. I flew up from Melbourne for a job interview.

P3121129.JPG

I flew down to Sydney to see an old friend from South Africa who was visiting relations in Sydney. This was taken just after take-off on my way back to the Sunshine Coast.

I studied photography as part of my art course and used to develop and print my own pictures. With the advent of digital photography I've found that I am much more of a "happy snapper" now days and seldom use my 35mm equipment.

I've posted some digital pics elsewhere, but will choose a "best ever" to post.

Cindy

I am an amateur. I love hiking (bushwalking). I love taking beautiful places with me. The only way to share these beautiful places with others is by taking photographs. It is asif I want to hold on to those moments for ever. I'm bringing 27000 photos of my entire life with me to Oz on harddisk. But my photography hobby has been put on hold until I can practice it in a safe place. Have a look at lightfan.blogspot.com

• 10 months later...

I have been an amateur for 21 years and decided to go professional about 2 years ago. Although I earn quite a bit from photography, I am not yet full time. This is part of our dream for going to Tasmania - getting rid of the pressure of corporate and changing to a much simpler lifestyle.

I specialize in "People photography", i.e. modelling, weddings, portraits, etc.

My web site is www.ultphoto.co.za

Regards

I'm a wannebe phothographer, my photo's are mostly good. Love taking nature shoots.

Hi

My husband is the professional in our family. But I enjoy the camera to.

I don't visit this thread often enough and after viewing all the recent pictures this morning, I realised that we have a lot of talented photographers on the forum!!! :ilikeit: How much does photography form part of your daily life? Are you a Professional, Freelance or Amateur Photographer?

How about posting your best-est best ever taken pic of Oz here so we can all admire it?!

How much does photography form part of your daily life? Are you a Professional, Freelance or Amateur Photographer?

Hi

I would call myself a serious amateur, but will hang on to my day job. I used to do a some nature photography, but lately have been "forced" into baby photography :-) though I enjoy both kinds. I am posting 2 pics from my photo website. These are not my best, are not from either catogory, but I feel homesick about Sydney at the moment, and therefore I like looking at them :-).

We used to live near North Sydney, not too far from the bridge. Here are two photos of the coathanger, one looking north-east from the steps to the Botanical Gardens (opposite the Opera House), on a Sunday arvo, just after the market closed. The other is looking south from the swimming pool wall by Luna Park toward down-down, just after sunset. Yes, that was a Sydney bus passing by.

Pic on the farm, early morning mist. We had this one up as a screen saver for a while.

post-1557-1202904743.jpg

Edited by chester

sorry doubled up

Edited by NorCalAussie

Darling Harbour Aprpost-5391-1202951246.jpg

All credit to my daughter Jude who took thesepost-5391-1202951805.jpg

Edited by NorCalAussie

Specially for KD Water lillies on our creek. will try posting a pic taken on boxing day in Brisbane at one of the parks. (crap can't find it)

post-1557-1202969382.jpg

Edited by chester

Chester, JJ is nou hier!! Waneer gaan ons op daai mooi stukkie Aussie van julle kamp?

Ek stem met KD fabulous foto's!!

Ons hijack alweer die post, het hom gepm vandag met foon no's en miskien kom ons nog by mekaar en discuss this matter. Easter seems a good time as any, kom ons praat volgende week, oppad plaas toe moet gaan pak. groete R

Wilna, dit is bloody gorgeous!

Chester, ek gaan nou heeltemal off the topic gaan, maar wil jou net vra, my manlief 'n boerseun in murg en been - hoe werk dit as jy 'n plasie in die hande wil kry daar in Aus? Het julle gekoop of huur jy? Jy kan my PM ook met die inligting.

Ons vrek oor jou plasie foto's om nie eers oor die perde te praat nie!!! Op hulle plaas in die Noordwes teel my man se broer en ouers met die Nooitgedacht ponies/perde. Hy wil nie noodwendig groot boer nie, net 'n grondjie van sy eie hê.

Hoop om gou van jou te hoor! :blink:

Ek het op ons vakansie in New Zealand die volgende paar panorama fotos geneem...

Hier is meer Wanaka..

post-483-1202980483.jpg

Julle kan dit in 3D gaan besigtig by:

Wanaka Meer in New Zealand

Dan is daar ook die uitsig van bo Queenstown in New Zealand

Queenstown in New Zealand

Pukaki meer

Pukaki meer in New Zealand

Tekapo Meer

Tekapo Meer in New Zealand

Ek het die fotos met 'n gewone 4 megapixel digitale kamera geneem en MGI PhotoVista gebruik om die panoramas aanmekaar te plak.