I O M Flights

Guest May

Has anyone ever booked through IOM and tried to make changes directly with the airline. I erred as sometimes people do and did not pay in time so they moved my booking out a week. Can I contact Quantas and see for an earlier flight in the week?

I have not done so - should not be impossible to do, but they will charge you an enormous fee to do so - IOM has an agreement not to levy those fees if you make a change.

Just double check the booking details - the IOM flights are on Quantas BUT it is a block booking through SAA normally? Your flight will be SAA, although it is a Quantas plane.

The airline will refer you back to IOM as these are effectively travel agent bookings and cannot be changed through the call centre.

Hi there, can someone here please give me a reliable contact person at IOM. I have tried emailing and calling one or two of them listed in other posts but I just don't get a response. I am trying to find out if we can make tentative bookings and if we do book what is the latest that we can pay for the tickets and what we will get charged for changing the dates if we have to.

Edited by HadEnoughofJuju

You can contact Tumiso - she helped me within a few hours and had the tickets ready within two.

From the moment of Quote, you have 7 days to deposit to full amount into their bank account.

As far as the T&Cs go, they will not charge a fee if you make changes to your flights - that said, there will be differences in the actual ticket prices depending on when/how you move the dates and the cost of flights for those dates & availability of course.

Not sure how many staff members they have during December - might be the reason for the slow service?

Tumi Rabothata

012 3422789 ext 232.

trabothata@iom.int

Hi Jaco & Annine

Thanks for the info, will send her an email first thing this morning. :ilikeit:

Tumi is on leave and will be back tomorrow. Also have an error with mine and am waiting for my corrected e-tickets.

Hi Jaco & Annine

Thanks for the info, will send her an email first thing this morning. :ilikeit:

They will ask you for the dates, passport copy and proof of visa (that is has been approved).

They will then send you a quotation that you have 7 days to pay ... else you will need to get a new quote...

I didnt take the 1st quote, and the 2nd one was R500 more expensive, seeing as I moved the date to a bit earlier.

Anybody else correct me if I am wrong here ... but the filght tickets with IOM are 1 way tickets.. :)

Yip no long stopovers, I didnt pay in time, just thought it would be more expensive well...........now I am in the stookums because I can only land a week later so I am still kickking myself. Not the most accommodating of people. thing is you get 23x2 kg pp and 7kg hand luggage

Edited by May

Anybody else correct me if I am wrong here ... but the filght tickets with IOM are 1 way tickets.. :)

That is correct - as far as I know it is only 1-way and you may only make use of this service ONCE in your life.

* this is per person - you and your partner/family may use separate flights/dates, but only once per person.

...you may only make use of this service ONCE in your life.

You sure it's not ONCE per immigration?

I stand corrected on this one, but I am under the impression once per lifetime? Which is good enough for me - I really don't want to do this again :censored:

( I will edit my previous post should I be wrong )

Why on earth would you want to leave South Africa a second time?

• Like 1

Do they only assist South African immigrations? If not I'd reckon it will be per case from A to B... ;)

:offtopic: IOM.int website does not specifically state how many times you may make use of the service, but specify some other requirements that is already mentioned in this topic.

Some trivia: I only received a 2x20Kg allowance - not 2x23kg (SAA Block Booking on Quantas)

IOM details located at: http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/what-we-do/resettlement-assistance/concession-fares.html

• Like 1

Read carefully, May.

Others have checked and posted here, and the weight was 2 pieces - total 40 kg total of which one may be up to 23 kg.

mine says 2 pice concept (2x23) and I mailed and confirmed with her...but there are always surprises.

This is actually great news then :)

Do any of you have the luggage dimensions? What size cases are allowed (I know the weight)?

Thanks

I visited Flight center yesterday to find out about luggage dimensions. They told me that Quantas's regulations have recently changed. They now have a specific immigration code which you can book under and that you are then allowed only 1 suitcase of 40kg per person, and 1 piece of hand luggage of 7kg compared to the usual 23kg allowance. Unfortunatly it seems the flight ticket is also more expensive.

How does one get 40kg into ONE suitcase??

How does one get 40kg into ONE suitcase??

Importing a solid lead elephant?

I'm not sure the baggage handlers will allow 40kg in one go.

In fact http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/checked-baggage/global/en says and I quote: - Oh FFS the page doesn't allow me to cut and paste - but it says (and I'm not going to check every word) "No single piece of checked baggage may exceed 32 kg." - so I seriously doubt you were given the right info about 1 bag = 40 kg.

• Like 2