Information about WA please.

rikamarie

I everyone! Just an update, since I posted this question last year, we finally decided a few weeks ago to settle in Joondalup.

Good luck with the rest still looking for a suburb/city to settle.

• Like 1

I everyone! Just an update, since I posted this question last year, we finally decided a few weeks ago to settle in Joondalup.

Good luck with the rest still looking for a suburb/city to settle.

Hi Rikamarie

When are you finally going? When you get there let me know what it's like. It's one of the towns on my shortlist.

We have three possible selections unless anyone can advise me differently.

Armadale, Joondalup, and then Perth itself, although Perth is probably the least probable due to price I think.

Careful of Armadale - take a good look before you leap. I thought it was dodgy (for Perth, anyway). Look before you leap.

I still like Currambine, but it's too expensive.

Hi Rikamarie

When are you finally going? When you get there let me know what it's like. It's one of the towns on my shortlist.

We have three possible selections unless anyone can advise me differently.

Armadale, Joondalup, and then Perth itself, although Perth is probably the least probable due to price I think.

Hi there

We are leaving on the 1st of January. I have heard and read wonderful things about Joondalup. Will definitely keep you up to date.

Careful of Armadale - take a good look before you leap. I thought it was dodgy (for Perth, anyway). Look before you leap.

I still like Currambine, but it's too expensive.

Oh dear

That's not good. So much for the land of milk and honey. Hahahaha.

Anyway, it's mainly for the application. We will be making our LSD trip next year and we will hopefully get a better scope of the place then and make better decisions.

This is exactly why I asked the questions I have and why it's good to have people available on a forum like this to help out in case we're heading for trouble.

Thanks OBD

Yeah I must say I'd give Armadale a miss from that list too. Also keep in mind when you talk about the actual city of Perth as a suburb you're really talking about a small area, basically the CBD and surrounding areas like Northbridge, West Perth and East Perth, and the only accommodation there are mainly apartments (if that's what you're planning to go for?)

Joondalup is good, so are its surrounding suburbs like Currambine, Conolly, Heathridge and Ocean Reef. Also Tapping and Hocking which is not too far away (Wanneroo not so much).

z

• Like 2

Yeah I must say I'd give Armadale a miss from that list too. Also keep in mind when you talk about the actual city of Perth as a suburb you're really talking about a small area, basically the CBD and surrounding areas like Northbridge, West Perth and East Perth, and the only accommodation there are mainly apartments (if that's what you're planning to go for?)

Joondalup is good, so are its surrounding suburbs like Currambine, Conolly, Heathridge and Ocean Reef. Also Tapping and Hocking which is not too far away (Wanneroo not so much).

z

This is why I love this forum. My wife says it's my facebook as I visit my actual facebook page like three times a year.

Thanks folks. You can keep the advice coming. It helps so much knowing where to look first.

P.S. Any nice suburbs South of the city???