The ZAR:AUD exchange rate... moertoe! :(

Donovan83

I think to answer the previous question, as a couple both working you should be earning combined about 120-160k in specific instances like spending months away from home living on a mine you can earn good money but at the expense of your family

If it is any help according to the ABS in 2011 the median family income across the whole of Australia for families without children was $108,000 and for families with children $120,000.

In big cities these medians figures will be higher and in smaller places lower.

Edited by Fish

:boxing: Just now when things are coming together the exchange rate falls through the floor. Someone please plan a holiday back to RSA (and let us know when you're coming) so that we can transfer our money. ;)

Edited by HadEnoughofJuju

:boxing: Just now when things are coming together the exchange rate falls through the floor. Someone please plan a holiday back to RSA (and let us know when you're coming) so that we can transfer our money. ;)

Hi HEJJ

how does someone coming back to RSA help you transfer your money out?

Hi HEJJ

how does someone coming back to RSA help you transfer your money out?

Anyone going on holiday to SA, the exchange rate immediately turns against him (giving fewer R for his $) - it's a proven fact and article of faith here, giving HEOJ an opportunity to cash in and pay fewer R's for his $'s ...... simple :)

• Like 2

Thanks OubaasDik

I was trying to fine the best way to put it and you seem to have nailed it on the head, great minds think alike. :ilikeit:

Have y'all thought of doing a swap, BTW?

I know Saffas are way suspicious and all, but at one time, I needed cash in my bank account in SA and another Saffa here wanted his Kwachas (Confederate $, Zim $ - y'know - worthless paper) in SA transferred to Oz, so we took the average between the buying and selling rates and he transferred his Rupees from his SA account into mine and I transferred real money from my Aus account into his at that average rate.

Saved us a packet, in exchange and in bank fees.

Admittedly we were both in the same company and knew exactly where to find each other so we could get a quorum of friends together to bliksem each other if someone was cheated, but it worked quite well ........

Edited by OubaasDik

hmmm...Oubaas...I have trust issues of late...dont think I will go that far with my hard earned savings and all...

hmmm...Oubaas...I have trust issues of late...dont think I will go that far with my hard earned savings and all...

Well, I did point out that Saffas are a suspicious lot (for some unknown reason), and also that we both worked in the same place. And also this wasn't millions - it was maybe R5,000

I held cash in my hand and watched him do the SA transfer, then handed the cash over.

I can understand it completely.

In fact an acquaintance was stung this way. He was wanting to go to the US and had an agent in the US who was a Saffa, so he "knew how traumatic it all was and as a fellow South African, he would NEVER take advantage of you". The agent wanted to buy his mother a car and persuaded the acquaintance to transfer SA cash to dear old sainted Mom, and he would hand over the equivalent in US$ when the acquaintance made it to the US - he did make it, but he still doesn't have the money.

Edited by OubaasDik

Well if any one come to Durbs for the December holls, i would be happy to do a straight cash swap. :ilikeit: