Nope, nothing yet... only you losing your mind ;)

This is and always will be a "waiting game"... :)

This is truly a waiting game, but I am going mad as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there all

Has anyone heard anything about the September round of invitations? I assume that with it being an automated invitation system that 1 September being a Saturday would not have made a difference.

Edited by HadEnoughofJuju

450 invites went out yesterday for 189 and another 450 will go out on 15 September.

Announcement – September 2012 SkillSelect Invitation Rounds

During September, the next rounds of invitations to apply for skilled migration through SkillSelect will be made. Invitations to apply will be issued under the Skilled Independent (Subclass 189) and the Skilled Regional (family) Sponsored (subclass 489) The first round of invitations will occur on 1 September and the second round will occur on 15 September, covering 1000 invitations in total (500 each).

The breakdown of invitations by visa subclass and date of release will be as follows:

· 900 invitations for Skilled Independents (subclass 189), comprising 450 on 1 September and 450 on 15 September; and

· 100 invitations for the Skilled Regional (Family) Sponsored (subclass 489), comprising 50 on 1 September and 50 on 15 September.

The invitations will be issued to the highest point scoring Expressions of Interest (EOIs) submitted in these subclasses. Where there is a tie in points scored, invitations will be issued from the time at which they reached their current point score in that subclass.

Clients that have been invited will receive a notification sent to their email address, as well as in their SkillSelect inbox.

For more information on the results of the previous invitation round, and for information on State and Territory nominated visa invitations (subclass 190 and 489), please see the following link:

http://www.immi.gov....report-2012-08/

Edited by bbop

Thanks bbop.

Guess that means we didn't get one this time around. :cry:

how many points do you have? I see on pomsinoz people with 70 have been invited for 189

1000!?!?!?

With the immigration programme allowing in excess of 120,000 entrees per year this should be close to 10,000 per month.

Hopefully October will also be 5 fold of the previous month, or even more. But I think it will be a while before the invited scores get to 60.

Here is another question. Assuming the same amount of experience, age and English ability, surely doctors automatically get more points than the plumber with a diploma or trade certificate. Therefore I'd expect to initially see more highly qualified people to get invites up to a certain point. However, the occupations with higher qualification standads such as doctors will then reach their ceiling sooner than occupations with a lower qualification level, right? Time will tell...

So IMHO, if you have a doctors degree in any occupation, get your EOI in asap. Or you may have to wait until 1 July 2013 before your occupation is available for selection again.

On the other hand, if you only have a diploma and only 60 points like us, chances are that very few people would be selected for your occupation anyways as your occupation as a whole will have a lower average score. So stick around, the selection will get there, and when it does, your Doctor friends will have reached their ceiling and have to wait for a while again while you get it.

But, If you are highly qualified and still only score 60, best see if you can get more points somewhere. Even if you need to take some language classes.

Just keep in mind because they might have allocated 120,000 odd thousand places for this year, that does not mean that they have to give 120,000 visa out. The new process is designed to be more reflective of demand, various government agencies provide input and then they adjust the invitations accordingly to those statistics and guidance on what Australia requires.

In my own view, the Australian economy is softening and as a result there will be less visa available over the next few years unless things improve within the global economy and suddenly there a big drive for commodities again.

I think if you are scoring less than 75 points you will most likely struggle at this stage, there a lot of people that would like to come to Oz and this means there is quite a lot of competition going on for a finite number of visa.

From a realistic view point, I think a good touch of reality is needed for a few folks. Until such time that you have a visa you will not be going to Oz, so it does not help you or your families to plan your life for Australia till such time that you have a visa in your hands.

Life is short and the best thing you can do is to plan your lives for the reality that is now, what is happening now, you don’t want to die and all your kids know is that they could not go on holiday or spend time with you because you where to busy planning for Australia that you missed out taking them to the Zoo or out to the park to enjoy life a bit. I know there is quite a lot of stuff that gets people down about SA, but also there quite a lot of stuff that good as well.

Concentrate on the good things, enjoy life because it is a gift given to you. Keep an open mind, you might find other opportunities that could be much better then Oz, but you can only see them if you don’t let the process close your mind so that you no longer see anything else. Also keep in mind that some people have found Australia to not be what they expected it to be either and have been left wanting.

One day you might be pleasantly surprised to find that invite in your inbox, and then you start planning your life for Australia, till then, live the life you have to it’s fullest.

how many points do you have? I see on pomsinoz people with 70 have been invited for 189

We score 65. My wife has redone the IELTS in the hope that we can score 10 extra points. Get the results on Friday. Here's holding thumbs.

• Like 1

Just keep in mind because they might have allocated 120,000 odd thousand places for this year, that does not mean that they have to give 120,000 visa out. The new process is designed to be more reflective of demand, various government agencies provide input and then they adjust the invitations accordingly to those statistics and guidance on what Australia requires.

In my own view, the Australian economy is softening and as a result there will be less visa available over the next few years unless things improve within the global economy and suddenly there a big drive for commodities again.

I think if you are scoring less than 75 points you will most likely struggle at this stage, there a lot of people that would like to come to Oz and this means there is quite a lot of competition going on for a finite number of visa.

From a realistic view point, I think a good touch of reality is needed for a few folks. Until such time that you have a visa you will not be going to Oz, so it does not help you or your families to plan your life for Australia till such time that you have a visa in your hands.

Life is short and the best thing you can do is to plan your lives for the reality that is now, what is happening now, you don’t want to die and all your kids know is that they could not go on holiday or spend time with you because you where to busy planning for Australia that you missed out taking them to the Zoo or out to the park to enjoy life a bit. I know there is quite a lot of stuff that gets people down about SA, but also there quite a lot of stuff that good as well.

Concentrate on the good things, enjoy life because it is a gift given to you. Keep an open mind, you might find other opportunities that could be much better then Oz, but you can only see them if you don’t let the process close your mind so that you no longer see anything else. Also keep in mind that some people have found Australia to not be what they expected it to be either and have been left wanting.

One day you might be pleasantly surprised to find that invite in your inbox, and then you start planning your life for Australia, till then, live the life you have to it’s fullest.

Hey Nicse

From a realistic point of view our reality is that we are no longer surviving financially in this country. The petrol price goes up on Wednesday by 96 cents and the diesel price by 69. We cannot afford to go to the zoo, movies or any other form of entertainment. I looked in my daughters cupboard last night for clothes for her to wear to school today and was depressed at the fact the we are struggling to afford to buy even the basic of necessities. This is not an insult but an observation - It's easy for people who are already in Australia to sit there and say, chill and enjoy life while you wait. How are we meant to enjoy life when we can't even provide our child with her basic needs. Is it so wrong for us to want to give our child a better future? Even though the economy might be slowing down in Australia it's still a :censored: load better than here in SA.

• Like 1

We score 65. My wife has redone the IELTS in the hope that we can score 10 extra points. Get the results on Friday. Here's holding thumbs.

Same here... I'm waiting for when my experience rolls over into the 8-10 year bracket for extra 5 points there, and will most likely have to see if I can't score better on IELTS for the additional 10 points. Having a score of 80 will help a lot. :)

Same here... I'm waiting for when my experience rolls over into the 8-10 year bracket for extra 5 points there, and will most likely have to see if I can't score better on IELTS for the additional 10 points. Having a score of 80 will help a lot. :)

My wife has the 8-10 years experience and we still only have 65 points. Pity there isn't a time machine or a machine that can make us younger so that we get those 5 extra points.

• Like 1

Hi All

One quick EOI question, do all EOI need the Vetassess fully completed including an interview (AU $1,400.00, telephonic technical interview) he can't seem to submit without the assessment.

Like many people he finds the whole exercise really expensive and is trying to keep the spend down (like most people the more he sends now the less he comes across with, the harder it is)

Anyway, lets keep working away at the process :-)

good luck everyone

Hi All

One quick EOI question, do all EOI need the Vetassess fully completed including an interview (AU $1,400.00, telephonic technical interview) he can't seem to submit without the assessment.

Like many people he finds the whole exercise really expensive and is trying to keep the spend down (like most people the more he sends now the less he comes across with, the harder it is)

Anyway, lets keep working away at the process :-)

good luck everyone

Hi Joeemm

Unfortunately yes you need to have a completed assessment whether it be Vetassess or AITSL or whatever assessing authority it may be with the final result (after the technical interview) and reference/receipt number. You will also need the IELTS results and test report number as well before you can submit and yes this is turning out to be a rather expensive exercise. Good luck.

Hey Nicse

From a realistic point of view our reality is that we are no longer surviving financially in this country. The petrol price goes up on Wednesday by 96 cents and the diesel price by 69. We cannot afford to go to the zoo, movies or any other form of entertainment. I looked in my daughters cupboard last night for clothes for her to wear to school today and was depressed at the fact the we are struggling to afford to buy even the basic of necessities. This is not an insult but an observation - It's easy for people who are already in Australia to sit there and say, chill and enjoy life while you wait. How are we meant to enjoy life when we can't even provide our child with her basic needs. Is it so wrong for us to want to give our child a better future? Even though the economy might be slowing down in Australia it's still a :censored: load better than here in SA.

I totally agree. We are struggling. Really struggling to make ends meet.

There are additional ways of getting extra points, if you add the regional sub-class visa to your application, you get an additional 5 points. OR you can send in your spouses details to get assessed, you also get 5 points for a skilled spouse.

We don't want to apply for a regional visa as that restricts you to that region (and apparently they check up on you) for 2 years. And if I understand correctly, after those 2 years you have to apply again.

There are additional ways of getting extra points, if you add the regional sub-class visa to your application, you get an additional 5 points. OR you can send in your spouses details to get assessed, you also get 5 points for a skilled spouse.

We don't want to apply for a regional visa as that restricts you to that region (and apparently they check up on you) for 2 years. And if I understand correctly, after those 2 years you have to apply again.

We have added the 190SS visa to the list which has giving us 5 extra points (in the 189 subclass we score 65 and the 190 subclass we score 70). If I want to submit my skills to ACS it is going to cost me about R5000.00 (which we just don't have) and take about 4 months to complete the paper work for the recognition of prior learning before we can even submit the assessment, for an extra 5 points, apart from not having the cash to do that I also don't have the time nor the energy and according to my research there is a good chance I will get a negative assessment. I have pretty much researched all the other possible options to gain extra points and the only feasible one was for my wife to rewrite the IELTS which she did and it cost us R2100.00 (again money we really didn't have but had to fork out anyway to get 10 extra points).

At this stage I don't really care if I am restricted to a certain state, I just want to go to Australia.

I'm probably throwing a cat in amongst the pidgeons here, but just a quick question - how hard is it to get a visa for NZ? I am just wondering as I have never looked at it before (but a family member just got a sponsored job offer so I looked briefly at a NZ forum for him).

I really feel for you guys at this point, but I admire you all for learning the new rules so quickly, and doing everything you can to get that Visa.

I'm probably throwing a cat in amongst the pidgeons here, but just a quick question - how hard is it to get a visa for NZ? I am just wondering as I have never looked at it before (but a family member just got a sponsored job offer so I looked briefly at a NZ forum for him).

I really feel for you guys at this point, but I admire you all for learning the new rules so quickly, and doing everything you can to get that Visa.

I have looked at the NZ visa option but the EOI costs NZ$650. Slightly out of our budget at the moment and we don't score enough points without a sponsored job and getting a sponsorship as a teacher is apparently not that easy and may even border on impossible. There has been lots and lots of reading and learning going on for me over the last few weeks or so. I am pretty much trying to find any possible, above board, method of increasing out points score but it is proving to be a challenge. We WILL get there, I am just not sure how long it will take or if I am going to last that long if things don't improve in this country (me thinks I have more chance of falling pregnant). If all else fails and we don't get an Australian visa (although I would really like one so that I can eventually me you) we may have to just bite the bullet and mosey on over to the UK (the weather will kill my wife though). :whome:

Edited by HadEnoughofJuju

I have looked at the NZ visa option but the EOI costs NZ$650. Slightly out of our budget at the moment and we don't score enough points without a sponsored job and getting a sponsorship as a teacher is apparently not that easy and may even border on impossible. There has been lots and lots of reading and learning going on for me over the last few weeks or so. I am pretty much trying to find any possible, above board, method of increasing out points score but it is proving to be a challenge. We WILL get there, I am just not sure how long it will take or if I am going to last that long if things don't improve in this country (me thinks I have more chance of falling pregnant). If all else fails and we don't get an Australian visa (although I would really like one so that I can eventually me you) we may have to just bite the bullet and mosey on over to the UK (the weather will kill my wife though). :whome:

Hmmmm I see. So NZ is a bit tricky too. Do you guys have UK passports? I can't remember.

I think you have a very good chance of an Aus visa though. You were among the first to apply, that's got to be a good thing.

In the meanwhile, you can always burn off energy looking at the UK info for the hell of it. Everyone I know that moved there and then moved away, misses it. There are a lot of positives to good old blighty :)

I have a British passport and we will easily get a spousal visa for my wife which only costs about R15000.00 but that is our absolutely last choice weather wise. My wife would never survive.

I have a British passport and we will easily get a spousal visa for my wife which only costs about R15000.00 but that is our absolutely last choice weather wise. My wife would never survive.

Yes she would survive! Have you both been there in Summer!? It gets frikken hot. And the houses are toasty warm with central heating, and Christmas in the snow is magical. You could do 3 or 4 years while you build up more/varied skills for Aus. Sounds like an interesting opportunity to me (just saying) ;-) Anyway, sorry for going off topic.

Ps. I just had to edit my post to whisper in your ear ((I think the UK is much more affordable than here)) ;-)

Edited by Bronwyn&Co

Well, just rebooked my IELTS exam for the 22nd of September. Will see if I can manage to bring up my lowest score to at least an 8 :)

• Like 1

Well, just rebooked my IELTS exam for the 22nd of September. Will see if I can manage to bring up my lowest score to at least an 8 :)

Good luck for the test. PM me if you want some test material to practice with.

• Like 2