Hey everyone,

Is there anyone that has submitted their EOI's and that have received an invitation yet?

If so, how long did it take to get invited from date of submission?

I'm guessing everyone is still waiting anxiously to see how the new system works?

My EOI was submitted on Thursday 5 July.

Thanks Donovan,

Ok, so will have to wait then.

I'm also in the General Accountant category. Where are you planning to relocate to in Aus?

I'm frustrated as we could not submit our EOI's yet. I'm in a hurry to get it done, but we have to go through the motions. Only writing our IELTS tests on the 21st of July and can only then apply for assessment. :glare:

Good luck to all who applied. Keep us informed!

Will do.

It is a frustrating process at the best of times, but just keep the grand prize in mind!

On the IELTS test, please make sure that you have registered for the right one. There are two types: general and academic

Best of luck with the test!

Thanks Donovan,

Ok, so will have to wait then.

I'm also in the General Accountant category. Where are you planning to relocate to in Aus?

Perth :)

• Like 1

The first invites go out on 1 August :)

Actually they seem to have already started..I've seen people on pomsinoz that have already had their invitations..maybe per country rollout?

Actually they seem to have already started..I've seen people on pomsinoz that have already had their invitations..maybe per country rollout?

Wow, that's cool. Well I hope that they start updating their web site with reports of how many were issued, what the points were, etc. It'll be interesting to see what the cut off number of points will be at first...

I hope to hear as soon as possible....

I know I can't be impatient, but I really don't like this waiting game. :unsure:

Thanks for all the posts guys...much appreciated

All we need now is that %$#@ skills assessment result and we can lodge the EOI. I feel as though the longer we wait the greater the odds against us poor old South Africans. We are now truly competing in a global market where before 1 July 2012 it was a free for all.

@ HEoJ - we waited 8 MONTHS for our ACS assessment ... just hang in there, sometimes the waiting is deadly frustrating, but the June holidays will slow things down. We filed our ACS assessment in Sept (I think I remember right now), waited till the next year, due to the December holidays !

Hubby submitted an EOI at the very beginning of July, so now we are awaiting either an invitation, OR a miracle CO for our 3 year old PR visa application (old Category 5 archives case) :whome: ...

I'm frustrated as we could not submit our EOI's yet. I'm in a hurry to get it done, but we have to go through the motions. Only writing our IELTS tests on the 21st of July and can only then apply for assessment. :glare:

Good luck to all who applied. Keep us informed!

Just a question here, do you have to have your IELTS before you submit your EOI ???

Just a question here, do you have to have your IELTS before you submit your EOI ???

Yes the two documents you require before you can submit an EOI is IELTS and assessment of qualifications.

Yes, Wyzak is correct. They ask for your IELTS results as well as you assessment results and date of your qualifications.

@ HEoJ - we waited 8 MONTHS for our ACS assessment ... just hang in there, sometimes the waiting is deadly frustrating, but the June holidays will slow things down. We filed our ACS assessment in Sept (I think I remember right now), waited till the next year, due to the December holidays !

Hubby submitted an EOI at the very beginning of July, so now we are awaiting either an invitation, OR a miracle CO for our 3 year old PR visa application (old Category 5 archives case) :whome: ...

Wow, when was this .. I submitted my ACS skills assessment in Dec 2011 ... and by 3rd week in Jan .. I got the results .. It was 3-4 weeks.
  • Like 1

Yes I suppose we all will have to wait and see how this prosess plays out . . .

What I would like to know is when applying for the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187) and I submit my EOI, I will have to wait for an approved employer who will nominate me for a position in their business in regional Australia - but if I am not happy with this employer or perhaps the region will I be able to "discard" this employer and wait for the next employer to nominate me?

If anyone has clarity on this, your feedback will be appreciated . . .

Regards

We just started the process and have not yet submitted an EOI..

We are waiting for the IELTS results and we are still in the process of getting everything together for ACS assessment (which will apparently take a few months)

And by the looks of it, it seems that the longer it takes for us to submit the EOI the more the odds are against us...

Edited by NAN

Quick question....

If we do RPL with ACS, would this count towards the points for “number of years in overseas employment” or for “educational qualifications”?

And does the RPL count as a skills assessment or is that a different process?

Quick question....

If we do RPL with ACS, would this count towards the points for “number of years in overseas employment” or for “educational qualifications”?

If I remember correctly, part of the assesment will indicate the number of years of recognised employment in each indicated category.

I hope I remember correctly, because we're talking about five years ago now. Things may also have changed a bit.

Quick question....

You need to do an RPL in the absence of having a recognised diploma, so it counts towards the educational qualifications, so the ACS see your years of experience as the equivalent to a diploma(not sure about a degree) basically. As part of the ACS assessment they will determine the number of 'overseas years of employment' they deem you to have. So if your RPL is accepted and they give you a positive skills assessment against say a systems analyst recognising 6 years then you will get points based on having the equivalent to an Australian diploma (meets the educational requirements) and then the relevant points for having 6 years experience as a systems analyst which would count as overseas employment. I thought I had to go the RPL route but luckily the ACS recognised my CNE as the equivalent to an australian diploma (even though I did it 12 years ago), they also recognise an MCSE and CCIE as well as a few other certifications (from 1997 onwards).....check the list because if you have any of those you might not have to do an RPL.

Thank you!!

“As part of the ACS assessment they will determine the number of 'overseas years of employment' they deem you to have.”

So this is all determined by ACS? Would they take into account the certificates indicating employment in the same company for 8 – 10 years?

And where do I find the list you are talking about?

Thank you!!

“As part of the ACS assessment they will determine the number of 'overseas years of employment' they deem you to have.”

So this is all determined by ACS? Would they take into account the certificates indicating employment in the same company for 8 – 10 years?

And where do I find the list you are talking about?

On the ACS site under the section about preparation for RPL assesment. I found it yesterday, at home, which is not where I am now, so I don't have it handy. ;-)

Anyone with an Invite yet?

I'm also considering the RPL through ACS. I was also told that it is a bit of a gray area to predict how many years I'll have as experience as some of those years, or all those years may be seen as part of the diploma. On the other hand I have a diploma, but in Electronic Engineering specializing in digital technology, so did a whole bunch of software, network and processor related stuff and no-one can tell me if this will be in some way accepted instead.

Unfortunately I can also not do EOI based on the engineering diploma, as I would only be an electronic technician. On the SOL I would need a degree to qualify for electronic engineer.

Nope,

I was hoping to get mine the 1st of Aug, but haven't heard any news from my agents yet....guess I'm not one of the 90 invites that went out yesterday.

Does anybody know anything about the suggested second round of invites possibly going out during August? When will they go out and how many? Suppose it is to early for anyone to have news on this as they've only announced the possibility thereof yesterday.

I'm really disappointed that only 90 was sent out. Got my hopes up and now nothing. DIAC should've announced there intention on the limited first round invites earlier.

So the waiting continues...

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I'm going crazy here:

1) No news about a second round of invites in Aug yet (guessing it is not going to happen)

2) No reports issued on Skillselect about the first round of invites that went out 1 Aug. I expected them to have posted the report by now.

Anybody with any news? OR anybody also losing their minds?