One should be able to rewrite a band and not whole thing.

Agreed... Amen!

• Like 1

HOJ - I went online and got my IELTS results, as far as I know your wife also wrote on the 25th of August. So perhaps yours is on also

HOJ - I went online and got my IELTS results, as far as I know your wife also wrote on the 25th of August. So perhaps yours is on also

Hi Lvd

I have been checking online all day but no luck. I just called the British Council and they say that there is a problem with the system, it displays some results but not others and they are working on it. I also realised last night that even though we have the results we will still require the Test Report Form number which only appears on the results to be able to update the EOI so unless it arrives before the 13th we will not be able to update the EOI in time anyway. What were your results by the way.

Can't you collect the results personally? Here if the results were available online, they were available for collection aswell.

bbop - You can go and collect if if you have arranged to do so, otherwise they automatically post it and it takes a day or 2.

HOJ - My scores sucked BIG time. Listening 7.0 Reading 6.0 Writing 7.5 Speaking 9.0 With a 7.5 Overall. Fortnately as I am the dependant in the application they only require a 5.0 overall from me.

• Like 1

Ok guys, I've got a question on the Skillselect invitations relating to subclass 190 (the sponsored route):

I heard that if you lodged an EOI (subclass 190) and applied for SS (mine is with WA), the date of the invitations depends on whichever one occurs first.

In other words, if WA approves my SS today I only need to sign the agreement and then I'll receive my invite within a few days (subclass 190 invites are therefore not scheduled invites like 189 invites). On the other hand if skillselect invites me the 15/09 (next scheduled round of invites), I get the invitation on that date (although I'm not sure what happens to the SS then).

Can anyone clarify or explain?

My EOI was submitted 09/08/2012 with 70 points and subclass 190 was selected. According to the reports on immi.gov.au for the 1/9 invitation round the minimum points and latest VISA Status date that received an invitation for this round was 70 and 23/08 respectively.

I've not received an invitation although I fall within these limits. Did the fact that I went the sponsored route hamper me?

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am confused about how 189 works.

Ok guys, I've got a question on the Skillselect invitations relating to subclass 190 (the sponsored route):

I heard that if you lodged an EOI (subclass 190) and applied for SS (mine is with WA), the date of the invitations depends on whichever one occurs first.

In other words, if WA approves my SS today I only need to sign the agreement and then I'll receive my invite within a few days (subclass 190 invites are therefore not scheduled invites like 189 invites). On the other hand if skillselect invites me the 15/09 (next scheduled round of invites), I get the invitation on that date (although I'm not sure what happens to the SS then).

Can anyone clarify or explain?

My EOI was submitted 09/08/2012 with 70 points and subclass 190 was selected. According to the reports on immi.gov.au for the 1/9 invitation round the minimum points and latest VISA Status date that received an invitation for this round was 70 and 23/08 respectively.

I've not received an invitation although I fall within these limits. Did the fact that I went the sponsored route hamper me?

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am confused about how 189 works.

As far as I understand it the 189 is part of the selection process but not the 190. If you are going the state sponsorship route you (i.e. 190) once the state sponsorship is approved you lodge the EOI selecting the 190 sub class and send the EOI reference number to the sponsoring state which in turn will ask DIAC to send you an invitation. To be in the running for the 189 you would have had to have created an EOI selecting both the 189 and 190 visa sub classes and have 70 or more points to be in the running for an invitation. You may not have gotten an invite because of the sheer volume of EOI's in the system that have 70 or more points that were submitted before yours.

I have just checked the activity reports again to make sure and from what I can see the 190 visa is not included in the selection process, it is only the 189 and 489 visa sub classes that are taking into account. The reports at the bottom of the headed State/Territory Nominations August 2012 are merely there to show how many visas in the different sub classes were sponsored by states, territories, employers. The visa sub classes included here are 190, 489, 188 and 132.

I hope this helps and makes sense, not sure if I understand it correctly. Good luck for the next round of invites.

Thanks HEoJ,

I've got a sneaky suspicion that at this point in time the WA Sponsorship Application is holding me back and I possibly could've had my invitation by now if I went the 189 route.

Thanks HEoJ,

I've got a sneaky suspicion that at this point in time the WA Sponsorship Application is holding me back and I possibly could've had my invitation by now if I went the 189 route.

Do you already have a WA State sponsorship or are you still waiting for the agents to apply? And what visa sub classes did they select in the EOI? We made them select both the 189 and 190 (well oops if you read my "slip of the finger" post then you will know that I filled the EOI in for them and submitted it with both visa's.

We literally got the IELTS results in the nick of time. My wife went to the Post Office yesterday afternoon and found the IELTS TRF in the post. She sent me the reference number, I had another slip of the finger and logged into the EOI and updated the IELTS results and then let the agents know that I did so. It's now official we have 75 points for the 189 visa sub class and our EOI is updated and hopefully has a better ranking for the next 500 invites that go out on 15 September. Hold thumbs and watch this space. I just hope that I don't have to login again and tell people that we didn't get an invite. Oh well here's holding thumbs for better things.

• Like 3

@HEOJ - I've been following your progress for a while now and everytime something happened that would delay your application, would get frustrated on your behalf. I sincerely hope that your name would be on the list going out tomorrow.

Good luck! I'll be watching this space and hoping for Hooraaah from you next time you log in.

• Like 2

We literally got the IELTS results in the nick of time. My wife went to the Post Office yesterday afternoon and found the IELTS TRF in the post. She sent me the reference number, I had another slip of the finger and logged into the EOI and updated the IELTS results and then let the agents know that I did so. It's now official we have 75 points for the 189 visa sub class and our EOI is updated and hopefully has a better ranking for the next 500 invites that go out on 15 September. Hold thumbs and watch this space. I just hope that I don't have to login again and tell people that we didn't get an invite. Oh well here's holding thumbs for better things.

Like like like!!

Good luck to you. Holding thumbs!!

• Like 1

Do you already have a WA State sponsorship or are you still waiting for the agents to apply? And what visa sub classes did they select in the EOI? We made them select both the 189 and 190 (well oops if you read my "slip of the finger" post then you will know that I filled the EOI in for them and submitted it with both visa's.

Agents have already applied for the WA Sponsorship. I'm not sure which subclasses they selected on the EOI.

That's a naughty finger you have there .... you should punish it ..... ;)

I still do not have my IELTS report form, damn post office said it will only be at the branch after 12:00 today :(

I still do not have my IELTS report form, damn post office said it will only be at the branch after 12:00 today :(

Well if you can get it report form and update the EOI before 16:00 (SA time) which is midnight in Canberra you should be able in line for the next set of invites.

My agent collected my results for me - no charge (I guess that's the difference between a "dogey" agent and a great one)..

• Like 1

Hold thumbs and watch this space. I just hope that I don't have to login again and tell people that we didn't get an invite. Oh well here's holding thumbs for better things.

I always chuckle when I see/hear someone use the expression "hold thumbs"... it is a South Africanism that Australians simply do not understand.

@HEOJ - I've been following your progress for a while now and everytime something happened that would delay your application, would get frustrated on your behalf. I sincerely hope that your name would be on the list going out tomorrow.

Good luck! I'll be watching this space and hoping for Hooraaah from you next time you log in.

We were on the list. I logged into he SkillsSelect site at 00:16 (Canberra time) at work today and there it was, the invite as well at the apply for visa button. I was gobsmacked, speechless and could not stop giggling. Thanks for the support and encouragement.

• Like 7

My agent collected my results for me - no charge (I guess that's the difference between a "dogey" agent and a great one)..

I wish I had used your agents. Mine :censored: and I have to lay on them like a bad rash :boxing: but they will do all the work for me now that we have the invite, I am not going to give them a moments :yawn: .

:ilikeit:
  • Like 1

We were on the list. I logged into he SkillsSelect site at 00:16 (Canberra time) at work today and there it was, the invite as well at the apply for visa button. I was gobsmacked, speechless and could not stop giggling. Thanks for the support and encouragement.

FINALLY!!!! I am soooooo happy for you guys. I couldn't help but feel drawn in to your story from the beginning and have literally been with you through your ups and downs during this whole process. Good luck with the rest of it - crossing my fingers that it will be smooth sailing from here on out.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so for the rest of us. The trend is starting to look good.

Keep in mind I read these figures off their report graphs, and there is no EOI activity report yet for September so I estimated the numbers based on what happened in July and August, so it is not accurate but my analysis seem to indicate that those with 60 points will start to get invites soon.

I'll update the table as and when more info is available.

Sorry, the editor does not seem to accept a table copied from excel. Please try the attached spreadsheet.

EOI analysis.xlsx

Edited by Jacques Voogt