The Packing Up Process - How To

Claudia haycocks

Hi guys - anyone interested in container sharing from Johannesburg to Canberra?? (ships via Sydney so could be to Sydney as well) Will be from some time in October onwards? A toss up at the moment between Magna and Execumove ... just wish the Magna lady would pull finger a bit to return calls ... Execumove are busy moving offices in the next 2 weeks so a bit slow on that side too ... :blink:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys - anyone interested in container sharing from Johannesburg to Canberra?? (ships via Sydney so could be to Sydney as well) Will be from some time in October onwards? A toss up at the moment between Magna and Execumove ... just wish the Magna lady would pull finger a bit to return calls ... Execumove are busy moving offices in the next 2 weeks so a bit slow on that side too ... :blink:

Just a thought why don't you try Don from Cargo Pak? We are using him to Canberra, and it looks like there could be a few of us sharing a container through him, packing end Nov.

T

Thank you thumbup.gif

If they have an issue with an item you can have the option to fumigate or destroy. Feathers in duvet and pillows are OK - I took a down sleeping bag and had absolutely no problems.

Wooden toy - probably no problem - they are most concerned about raw wood e.g. a tree stump type carving or item with bark still on as that is in a natural state and then more likely to be a host for pests - where the wood has already been worked and processed they are less stressed.

Often just the luck of the draw - if you get someone who is starting out they panic and think everything is dodgy - after a while they get a better idea of what is likely to be dodgy and what is unlikely to cause any trouble. My friend's brother bought masses of those wooden sculptures when he was visiting South Africa, declared them but had no problem

Just a thought why don't you try Don from Cargo Pak? We are using him to Canberra, and it looks like there could be a few of us sharing a container through him, packing end Nov.

T

Hi Orion, thanks for that - is he situated in the KZN area - would they come all the way up to JHB for a small amount of stuff? If so that would be great ... will make contact with him. Cheers

Hi Orion, thanks for that - is he situated in the KZN area - would they come all the way up to JHB for a small amount of stuff? If so that would be great ... will make contact with him. Cheers

Hi I'm not too sure if he will come to JHB but there is no harm in asking. Who knows maybe we can all go in the same container.

Please let us know what he says.

T

Hi I'm not too sure if he will come to JHB but there is no harm in asking. Who knows maybe we can all go in the same container.

Please let us know what he says.

T

Hi Orion, I spoke to Cargopak today and they come up to JHB regularly - so it seems to be easy enough, will just be in touch with them to organise a survey and check costs etc. If his costs are close or better than the other 2 quotes we will definitely go with him. Then for sure it will help all of us who aren't taking the whole house :) I will keep you updated as we go along. :ilikeit:

Hi Orion, I spoke to Cargopak today and they come up to JHB regularly - so it seems to be easy enough, will just be in touch with them to organise a survey and check costs etc. If his costs are close or better than the other 2 quotes we will definitely go with him. Then for sure it will help all of us who aren't taking the whole house :) I will keep you updated as we go along. :ilikeit:

Hi, I didn't try to contact Cargo Pak as I didn't think they come to Jhb, but I would really like to get a quote from them, as Don sounds great. Can someone give me his number.

Thanks

Blondiejhb

• 1 month later...

The topic of this threat: "The packing up process - how to". I want to know: how to: not hyper-ventilate, loose your cool, stay focused, be in control, ward of hysteria etc, when you go through this period of unmanageable stressful and emotional excesses?. :huh:

And then I read:

"There are men who bloom in chaos. You call them heroes or villains, depending on which side wins the war, but until the battle call they are but normal men who long for action, who lust for the opportunity to throw off the routing of their normal lives like a cocoon and come into their own. They sense a destiny larger than themselves, but only when structures collapse around them do these men become warriors"

Now, at this stage there is no longing and lusting but full time chaos and collapsing of structures. (Started packing container yesterday). And it definitely looks like a war zone... and I'm not even sure if my husband and I are fighting for the same side (does that make me the hero and he's the villain? :holy: ).

And please ignore the above, because it probably just emphasize that a week in the mental ward of Bloemcare might be my destiny :blush:

All I actually wanted to ask: what about WOODEN clothes hangers???

thanks

Karin

Archived