Human Ashes

Carl Steyn

No Cramer,I read some other postings on this site and decided to rather use another forum where assholes like you do not go from posting to posting and add your comments and where people are actually helping others. You carry on here, you important man.

Then you don't know me and obviously have not read my other posts, if you had you would know that I attempt to help people on this forum, and I have physically helped quite a few who have moved across here and will continue to do so.

I made a simple statement, not a judgement, and I am sure I was not the only one who had that thought, I apologised more than once for hurting Carl's feelings, if you look back I even said he should stay as he will gain a wealth of knowledge here, I was not aware of Carl's circumstances, this only became apparent your first post, in which you made it sound like Carl was deleted for no reason rather than at his own request.

I will not insult you like you just insulted me. You have made this very personal and from your above reaction which is full of hurt and anger, I am thinking that you and Carl are One and the Same but I may be wrong.

If you are then you could not accept the apologies offered to you, you asked to be deleted but then you had to come back onto this forum using another name for what ever reason. If you are not Carl then I am wrong in this statement.

I can only wish you well in your journey my friend and may Australia bring some peace into your life, because anger and hatred will make settling anywhere difficult, and this journey is difficult enough.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.....great reply Cramer

To Also new......

People, especially 'newbies' who come in with guns blazing need to understand that, the people on the forum they are disrespecting, in such a rude manner, can very well be the people who would bend over backwards to assist them once they

have arrived in their new Country. There is one thing getting hot under the collar to debates and posts, but to be so nasty...

really, very sad indeed.

I too hope your journey to Australia is a pleasant one - Cramer has a point, that arriving with such a bitter attitude, will really only be to your disadvantage, and the people around you.

E

Ashes are always a sensitive issue .....with due regard to others, I would like to turn my attention to the issue @ hand. My Mum brought in my Dad's ]]hes in her suitcase 5 years ago, no problem. When I followed on,3 years later, my late Husband's ashes were placed in a sealed metal box without any hassle.

When the ashes are here, you can decide further

• 5 months later...

What an interesting read! Nonetheless, I have found the answer I was looking for and will be taking my mother's ashes to Australia in the manner described above.

My mom passed away in 2011 but had the opportunity to visit Australia in 2010. Both my brothers live there and were unable to be with us for her passing away & memorial service. During her visit to Brisbane, my mom fell in love with Redcliffe. When she passed away, one of my brothers set a bunch of roses out to sea from Redcliffe. We thought that it would be fitting and full circle if her ashes could be strewn at or from Redcliffe (whatever the authorities would allow).

Death will never be an easy issue and no one likes to speak about it, especially the practicalities surrounding it. I believe that my mom's soul has left her body and resides in heaven and that her earthly remains are but symbolic (hence I have no issue with ignoring my niece who reckons I will be feeding my mom to the fishes).

I have had no reason to be at odds with the regulars on this forum, I find them rather refreshing. I also find this forum to be more tolerant and unbiased than some of the others out there.

I also believe that this forum often reads just like a regular conversation would transpire and that the opinions expressed here would just as easily be delivered verbally. I always say that you can ask me anything, just be prepared for what I will tell you in reply :whome: (and I try not to be downright rude & obnoxious, that's too easy!)

CMH sometimes the things we say on this forum tend to get blown out of proportion and twisted or we write things without exactly thinking how they may be perceived by others. Leaving RSA is a very emotional thing for saffers and those emotions get the better of us at times, death and especially death suddenly as a result of a sickening crime are even more emotional. You do learn new things on this forum as well as understanding and tolerance.

While my mum had no links with Australia or anybody here, I would leave her ashes where they are back in RSA but I understand why you want to bring your mums and think it would be fitting, full circe.

Archived