Melbourne: Picnic/Braai, 25th February 2007

Mara

Hi Catz

Well if we keep up our to and fro posting, then at least we keep this message in their faces.

HI YOU GUYS IN MELBOURNE, WHERE ARE YOU.........................

Good on you, I have also dusted off my old list and sent them all emails, a few have replied, so hopefully we will still end up with a good crowd! I sincerely hope so, I love it when a plan comes together!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mara

• catz

• Pippa

• Vanie Plaas

Top Posters In This Topic

We arrive on the 19th of Feb in Melbourne. We would really like to be there, but we will have to try and find and of course use public transport - we are not used to it.

We arrive on the 19th of Feb in Melbourne. We would really like to be there, but we will have to try and find and of course use public transport - we are not used to it.

Hi Tanner, the publlic transport is great....

Where in Melbourne will you guys be?? If i am not mistaken there is a station round the corner from Albert Park... i been here since June and ONLY use the public transport as we havent been able to buy a car yet.

Good luck!!

Caro

Tanner and Caro, we can always try and arrange transport for you guys, if you just let me know where you are staying. I am sure there will be somebody that can give you a lift.

As Caro says, the public transport is fantastic, but as you are only arriving on the 19th Tanner, we are more than happy to assist, just let us know.

Tanner and Caro, we can always try and arrange transport for you guys, if you just let me know where you are staying. I am sure there will be somebody that can give you a lift.

As Caro says, the public transport is fantastic, but as you are only arriving on the 19th Tanner, we are more than happy to assist, just let us know.

Thanks Mara!! Will definitely let you know, might grab a lift with my other SA couple IF they come (which i hope they do... ) They only coming back to Melbourne in the 1st week in Feb, so then i will see them and get definite answers!!

No problem Caro, the offer is there if you need it!

What is the problem here guys! Hi all of you here in Melbourne, where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The things I have to do to keep this message from disappearing!

Please somebody, anyone, tell me that you are going to attend!

Hi Mara,

Maybe, some of us from the Gauteng Coffee Club should attend your Picnic… I am sure people would rather want to join you in Melbourne… :(

Enjoy it!

Lovies, Pippa! X

Eish Pippa, I wish you were all here....this is like pulling "chicken teeth". I think all of the ex SA's in Melbourne have gone into hibernation, obviously practising for winter!

Oh well, we all had a good time at the last get together and I am sure we will all have a great time this time round!

Hey Mara, ek sien jou "running ad" het al van die "favorites" lysie afgeskuif. Ek hoop ek kry hom weer opgetel tot heel bo.

Jy moet ophou slapelose nagte he oor die braai. Dis nog 'n maand, jy sal heeltemal uitgeput wees teen einde Februarie. Ons weet darem van 'n hele klomp mense wat gaan kom.

Daar is seker te veel ander dinge om te doen in Melbourne, so die mense kom nie daarby uit om vir jou briefies te tik op die forum nie. En die weer was so lekker die laaste tyd. Ek is seker almal het vir hulle iets gekry om te doen.

Maar nou ja, Goed gaan daar.

Ons sien julle by die braai. :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

VP

Hi Vanie Plaas

Dankie vir daai mooi woorde! Ek stres nie juis nie, ek hou maar net hierdie eensydige 'conversation' met myself sodat my 'running ad' op die 'thread' van vandag se stories bly.

As dit nie gebeur nie, gaan mense dit nie sien nie, tensy hulle spesifiek gaan soek daarna of kyk na die 'forthcoming events'.

Jammer vir al die Engelse woorde, maar party dae is my Afrikaans defnitief op soek!

Just me again, 2,5 weeks away....and counting!

Just me again, 2,5 weeks away....and counting!

Woooooooooohoooooooooooo!!!

We have a friend from SA with us... so we are bringing yet another soul!!!

And IF luck goes my way... hubby is getting us (me) a car next week, so we will be mobile. Lol lets just hope i dont get lost along the way... might have to try find a second hand gps somewhere cos i am pretty much "rigting beduiweld"......

Mara, I am so sorry, this time I won't make it as I am in New Zealand attending a wedding. Bruce will be attending the braai on our behalf and I know that Vanie Plaas ook kom.

Moet sê ek is so bly ons het die vorige keer gegaan want Vanie Plaas en kie is soos my eie boetie en sussie nou en ons kan amper nie 'n week laat verby gaan sonder om te kuier nie. Die kids is ook mal oor hulle. So, baie dankie vir die moeite. You are really doing a good 'job' and without you I would have been a lonelier person. Thanks again!!!!! You are my star, here in Melbourne!

Edited by Oubossies

Hi Catz, a car, nogal! Sheesh, but you are a lucky girl, make sure you have a Melways, can always find your way with that. Bringing another soul, you good girl you, gather them and bring them along! The more the merrier!

Well Oubossies, I love it when a plan comes together! So glad that you met somebody to be such good friends with, makes the journey a whole lot easier.

Sorry you cannot be there, but do enjoy the wedding and have a glass of champers for us!

See you at the next one!

Skies almal,

Dit vat bietjie langer om internet te kry hier in die platteland (Sunbury). Het darem nou internet en kan nou ook laat weet dat ons kom.

Sien julle daar.

Nog Een.

You are welcome, we look forward to seeing you there!

About a week left till braai time!!!!

Hmmmm cant wait... Lol thats if i dont get lost on the way there...

Mara, if i phone you frantically for directions then you know.... they are lost on the roads of Melbourne!!

Thanks for all your trouble in organising this!!

Caro

No problem Caro, I will ensure that my phone is charged! No thanks required! Look forward to meeting you at long last!

WELL FOLKS, GOOD NEWS!

The temperature for Sunday is estimated at 25 degrees C with no rain expected. Ideal for a day out.

We look forward to seeing dozens of the Melbournites there!

WELL FOLKS, GOOD NEWS!

The temperature for Sunday is estimated at 25 degrees C with no rain expected. Ideal for a day out.

We look forward to seeing dozens of the Melbournites there!

Phew, that sounds GREAT after the really HOT weekend i had... i hope there are lotsa trees and maybe someplace the kids can stay happy??? Else i will have to pack kiddo some things to keep him occupied!!

Hi Pippa

Thanks for the recommendation, I have PM'd Scotty. Also for the good wishes, I am sure it will be a good day!

Hi Catz

There are many huge trees, it is a very established park. There is also a kiddies playground close by. I had been waiting in anticipation for the weather forecast for Sunday and was so relieved when I saw they were expecting 25C. See you there!

Mara

Hi SAGirl

Fantastic! The more the merrier!