Melbourne: Picnic/Braai, 25th February 2007

Mara

It has been decided, date and details below. Please indicate whether or not you wish to attend. We have changed the day to the Sunday this time, for those that cannot make it on a Saturday. Sorry to the church goers, but perhaps you can pack a picnic lunch and join us after the service?

Sunday 25th February 2007

11h00, Albert Park Braai, Melways map 2K G5

Use the Clarendon Street entrance, once through the park gates, turn left, you will find us between Aquatic Drive and Lakeside, on the right. Look for the BBQ area, an old SA flag will be draped across the back of a chair.

Albert Park

You need to bring something to sit on, and of course, you have to supply your own eats and drinks. There is a BBQ for those that wish to braai, or if you prefer bring a picnic lunch.

If the weather turns miserable on that day (it is, after all, Melbourne) then we will move to the

Keg & Swan Pub, Melways map 2L A10. It does not appear to clear on the map, but it is the little knife and fork next to the golf office, take Beatrice street to turn into the park and then it is on your right.

Beatrice St., Melbourne

We look forward to seeing you all there.

If you have any questions you can contact Mara on 0403 011 855

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mara

• catz

• Pippa

• Vanie Plaas

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anybody interested in a picnic/braai in February? We had about 12 families at the last one, I am hoping that we will have more this time.

I would suggest Albert Park, where we had the last event, that way people get to know where to go without having to search to hard!

Please indicate your interest here, and if you have a favourite place, your suggestions will be welcome. :lol:

What date would suit you, please let me know!

Hands up in the air.... INTERESTED!!! Normally the only prob is that hubby works on Saturdays too... it sux i know.

Caro

Hi Mara

We will certainly be there - we enjoyed the first picnic very much and would love to see all the familiar faces again and meet some new arrivals. Albert Park is fine - may be not the first weekend in Feb though - kids start school on the 2nd and the 5th respectively and I will be busy covering books.

Stephanie

Hi Catz

It would be lovely to meet you at last, if you have problems getting there, we could try and make arrangements for you to be picked up, if you like, that is? If hubby is not available, perhaps you would come on your own then?

I suggest we have it on Saturday 24th February 2007, at 11am.

Hi Steph

Thank you and hi again! :lol:

We have established the date now as the 24th and we look forward to seeing you there!

Hi Catz

It would be lovely to meet you at last, if you have problems getting there, we could try and make arrangements for you to be picked up, if you like, that is? If hubby is not available, perhaps you would come on your own then?

I suggest we have it on Saturday 24th February 2007, at 11am.

Hi Mara,

Would be nice... will let you know bout transport. Maybe we can do it on the Sunday?? My poor hubby always misses the best parties!!! Lol sux being in retail.

Caro

Edited by catz

Aggenee man Mara....this was your chance to influence me to like Melbourne more..hahahaha..I will be back in townsville the 16th of Feb....not good..... :lol:

OK Catz, I am going to change it to Sunday the 25th, but now you have an obligation to be there!!!!!

ExASP - we can still convince you, send me a PM and we would be happy to make arrangements to meet, whilst you are here.

OK Catz, I am going to change it to Sunday the 25th, but now you have an obligation to be there!!!!!

Muaaaaaaaaaaaaah Mara, you are the best!!

We will be there!!

Caro

Hi Catz,

Excellent, look forward to meeting you then!

Hi Catz,

Excellent, look forward to meeting you then!

I am sooooooooo excited!!!

Will it be ok if i invite another SA couple that i know????

Absolutely, the more the merrier!

Where are all the SA's in Melbourne? When there is a function in Perth, you hear the buzz, when there is a function in Adelaide, you hear of the crowds that gathered, when you mention Brisbane, you understand that they had a good time.

Now when you mention Melbourne, everybody hides away.... I don't understand!

Don't be shy, everybody is welcome. There is no entrance fee, there is no obligation to anybody or anything, there is just a lekker samekoms for everybody!

Hi Vanie Plaas

I am so glad, that will be great. I am so hoping, for great numbers, but the people are really slow to react.

See you soon!

Hi Vanie Plaas

I am so glad, that will be great. I am so hoping, for great numbers, but the people are really slow to react.

See you soon!

Hi there Mara and the rest of you good Melbournians

Gavin here...

my family and I will be settling in the beautiful city of Melbourne in Dec07/Jan08

so - pity we cannot be at the get together 25th Feb as we'd love to meet all the ex SA folk on this forum

but in the future we look so forward to attending any of the get togethers arranged

cheers

Gavin

Edited by Gee

Hi Gavin

We will keep you to your promise, once you are here. Hope that all goes smoothly for you in the meantime!

Come on Melbournians, where are you all, this is really a very poor show of hands................

I keep on telling everybody what a great place Melbourne is, and now you are all hiding...........

I am waiting for you all to come out of hibernation.............

Shoe, maar dit is moeilik om hierdie Suid Afrikaners in Melbourne wakker te kry...........hellooooooooooooooooo, anybody out there?

Shoe, maar dit is moeilik om hierdie Suid Afrikaners in Melbourne wakker te kry...........hellooooooooooooooooo, anybody out there?

Lol Mara, dis of die vreeslike hitte of die lekker koel van die naweek!!

Ai Catz, ek weet regtig nie wat gaan aan met al die mense in Melbourne nie. Daar het nou al omtrent naby die 300 na die boodskap gekyk, maar dink jy nou hulle will ons om die nek val en laat weet dat hulle ons kom "join" by die braai? Ek moet glo dat ten minste 10% van daai wat gekyk het hulle tans in Melbourne bevind, maar nou ja, ons sal maar net daarna vir hulle laat tong uithang, oor hoe lekker ons almal gekuier het!

Miskien moet ek 'n deurklop begin, van A to Z en vir almal 'n PM stuur!

Moenie hulle smeek nie, dreig hulle!!! Weet ons waar hulle bly????

Dit werk gewoonlik!!!

Hahahahahaha

LOL Catz, jy meen iets soos "big brother is watching you" tipe van ding. Haai oee, miskien kan ons hulle lok met melktert? Wat dink jy?

Ek is bang om hulle te begin dreig, netnou dreig hulle terug!

LOL Catz, jy meen iets soos "big brother is watching you" tipe van ding. Haai oee, miskien kan ons hulle lok met melktert? Wat dink jy?

Ek is bang om hulle te begin dreig, netnou dreig hulle terug!

O jissie ek is bietjie vrot met terte.... maar ek kan altyd kom help maak!! (of ek kan try om my ma se koeksister resep te swipe, nie dat ek kan beloof dit gaan suksesvol wees nie)....

Whatever it takes i guess!!!

Hi Catz

Dankie vir die offer, ek begin dink ons moet maar opgee, dit lyk nie asof ons groter nommers gaan uitlok nie!

Soos my man vertel, ons gaan onsself geniet, as die ander dit nie wil meemaak nie, dit is hulle probleem!

So cybervriendin, ons sien uit daarna om julle te ontmoet!

Dit tref my nounet, dit is die eerstekeer dat ek so 'n lang oor en weer skrywery aangepak het in Afrikaans! Shoe!

It takes time to think and spell (sure I get it wrong sometimes) when I write in Afrikaans, but I do enjoy the exercise.

Lol Mara, shame man, you not doing bad at all!!!

I have managed to possibly convince another couple (they also know one or 2 SA families) to come too... and then the first couple i mentioned, they said they would love to come too...

SO we might have all new people there... who knows????

Hmmm i cant wait...