the hard times have hit!!!

Smartie

HI All

We're in the PR process and have been given a case officer and request for Police clearance and medicals within TWO weeks of putting the appl. in! Things are obviously moving fast.

So the possibility exists that we come over end 2010 as opposed to end of 2011. The problem is that at end of 2010 my teenage daughter will be at end of grade 11. She has been in private school but is now at a good "regular" school.

Any comments on the following options:

1. I move her at end of grade 11 and she battled to make the grade 12 switch over / catch up there. (a bit lazy but capable)

2. I move her at end of grade 11 and she redoes grade 11 there, giving her an extra school year to make friends.

3. We wait to move her at end of matric hoping she doesn't change her mind and not want to go at the end of 2011 at all. Her father is still in SA....

She wants to go to university and study Psychology and is keen to go at the moment.....We also have 2 little ones who are turning 5 & 6 this year.... so would prefer to end the limbo stage end of 2010.

Thanks, will appreciate any feedback from parents with older kids that have already survived a teenage move .

Janne

ME!!!!!!!!!! I would recommend that she repeats Grade 11 and makes friends, WHY, because I have the experience to tell you this.....

If you like you can always pm me.....

Good Luck

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived