dit is mooi hier in melbourne jong !

sysie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure Quantum, will be let you know, it will be nice having more company :ilikeit: , do you like camping or only daytrips ?

Happy with either day trips or camping....we're used to both

• 4 weeks later...

Melbourne in the morning :ilikeit:

photo8.jpg

Taking my mom to port campbell for the weekend so we can all see the 12 apostles and sights along the way..will intercept halfway to the great ocean rd this time as there is a marathon on in the apollo bay and lorne areas....

So much to see and do in Victoria..its really amazing..for those of you still on your way, a decent 4 x 4 or large car is worth every penny...our travels only truly started when we got a decent car! and we go somewhere almost every weekend..we have done more in 8 months here than we did in 10 years in SA!!

Adelaide!!!!!post-14219-1273793685.jpg

See Sysie, Adelaide is mooi also! Just imagine the 4x4 there. The ocean is just behind the little green hillock.

LOL.....Melbourne is lovely, but ....

Jou pics is fantabulick!

Thanks Rosa ... I am going past Adelaide in September on my way to Alice Springs :ilikeit: , will definitely spent e few days around Adelaide !

Elleno... have you been that way before ?? it is really beautifull and do not stop at the 12 apostels... just a little futher on is the London Bridge... also very nice... if you are looking at a place to stay try Otway Paridise Cottages We have stayed there twice now and it is really really nice and very affordable. Ask for the River View cottage. This is about 20km from Apollo Bay.

Enjoy !

This weekend we went to Wilsons Promontory, This is the most southern point in Australia :ilikeit: We went camping and it was great!!, some of the pics below :-)

Look at the view we had during breakfast :whome: the land you see on the other side of the bay is the "prom" .. Australia's most southern point (ok not counting Tassie :ilikeit: )

dsc_0533.jpg

dsc_0288.jpg

dsc_0336.jpg

dsc_0363.jpg

dsc_0368.jpg

Wow Sysie, you have some fantastic photos there! Beautiful... well done!

Thanks guys, but no... taking photo's is just a hobby of mine :ilikeit:

Here are three of my favorites of this weekend.... look how nice blue the see is :whome: will sommer go back there this weekend :ilikeit:

dsc_0356.jpg

dsc_0403.jpg

dsc_0394.jpg

Your pic's are awesome, but they made me cry :ilikeit:

We are very much into 4wding and had to sell my big 80 serious Land Cruiser that took us 3 yrs to build up, so that we can get to Aussie. I can't wait to start again..... :ilikeit:

Groan ... I feel absolutely homesick now!!! So many familiar sights. Funny how you can take things for granted when you grow up somewhere.

Wonderful photos, and thankyou for sharing them. You have a talent for photography. Makes good ol' Melbourne seem just that little bit closer :ilikeit: I keep telling people here in Joburg that sure, there's a lot of natural beauty to miss in SA, but I only have to look at those pics to see how much Aus has to offer too. Do you mind if I use some for my desktop at work?

Hi Unicorn, I know what you feel... also had to sell my 4x4 (Hilux) and my BMW GS touring bike in South Africa before the move.... One good thing is that the Landcruisers is really ALLOT more affordable here than in South Africa... I saw a 80 Series diesel with 115 000km on the clock for sale the other day for $9 000.. so it is really easy to get back into it.... Customizing it to the ultimate touring machine is a long and expensive excersise as you will know but that is part of the fun :ilikeit: Are you in NZ ? I am still dreaming of shipping my cruiser to NZ and go a long trip there.... soon !

Rosa, here is a link to more of my pics from this weekend :ilikeit:More pics

AReyeP, Thanks for the compliment :rolleyes: , I don't mind if you use the pics, let me know if you want me to send you a hi-res pic of the one you like :ilikeit:

Ek het nou nie al die "replies" gelees nie - net die foto's gekyk. Pragtige fotos! Great dat jy ons mooi land met almal deel! :rolleyes:

Yip..it was our first "sleep-over" weekend away..previously we went on day-trips..thanks for the info..ive bookmarked the site as the cottages look lovely and they are well-priced!!

Your pics are really beautiful!!

gr8 pics everybody...keep them coming, its an incentive to get there asap!

Yeah sysie, I'm still in NZ. My hubby is already in Aussie. He is trying to find a cheap Hilux surf/4runner, as our budget is only $4000 for a truck. We will do it up and sell and hopefully make enough get another cheap cruiser and start again!

I'm very lucky, my hubby is a mechanic, so the doing up part is easy! :thumbdown:

• 4 weeks later...

We joined some ozzies for a 4wd route down what they call the "border track" in South Australia (on the VIC border)... some pics from this area

dsc_0002.jpg

dsc_0019.jpg

dsc_0025.jpg

dsc_0037.jpg

dsc_0041.jpg

dsc_0090.jpg

dsc_0154.jpg

dsc_5961.jpg

dsc_6036.jpg

dsc_6069.jpg

Sysie don't forget to mention that we sat around the fire/braai for total of 24hrs during the long weekend :rolleyes:

LOL, that is true.... we counted the hours and ended up spending 24 hours around the camp fire during the long weekend... some more stats:

Distance from Melbourne and back = 1225km

Fuel used = 230l :P

Distance in Low range 4x4 = 120km :rolleyes:

Camping fees for 3 nights = $12 in total for two ppl :whome:

Biltong consumed = $40

Wildlife spotted = Kangaroo, wallaby, various birds and a kriek

Fun = priceless :lol:

Wow, ek's skoon jaloers!

It looks beautiful, and like so much fun!

Archived