176 Family sponsored visas

WaltAM

Do you know what category your visa application is on?? we applied for a 176 FS visa in Oct 2008. we fall under a Cat4 and have no indication as to when we will receive a CO. Cant change to SS either since my IT field is on the list...

Cheers ...Bazza

Hi all

First post on the site so kind of an intro for me.

Lodged our 176 family sponsored visa 20 Nov 2008

got our CO 06 Dec 2010 and have just submitted meds and character assessments.

Long wait is over (almost).

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you know what category your visa application is on?? we applied for a 176 FS visa in Oct 2008. we fall under a Cat4 and have no indication as to when we will receive a CO. Cant change to SS either since my IT field is on the list...

Cheers ...Bazza

We are a Cat 4, May 2008 176 FS visa, please dont tell me they have missed us!!!!

We are a Cat 4, May 2008 176 FS visa, please dont tell me they have missed us!!!!

I think it is only for 176 FS who fall into category 3 and whose skill is on the new SOL or State Migration Plan.

I am also Cat 4, May 2008 ... let's keep hoping :whome:

• 3 weeks later...

We lodged our 176 Family Sponsored application October 2008. CO was appointed November 2010, we submitted our medicals and PCC last week.

Hopefully we'll receive the good news sooner rather than later..........

• 3 weeks later...

We lodged our 176 Family Sponsored application October 2008. CO was appointed November 2010, we submitted our medicals and PCC last week.

Thanks Amper Daar. I was actually starting to despair that they would ever process the priority 4 applications at all! But wow, two years waiting for a case officer is a long time. But at least this shows that they are processing the applications. The way the priority processing looks on paper it seems as if we don't stand a chance because every priority application gets processed before us regardless of date of lodging which theoretically means our applications would just about never get processed. :blink:

Wow... Judging from the above posts seems like we are going to be in for a long wait.

Still awaiting the skill assessment for OH, and we are not going to be able to apply for state sponsorship as we will not make the 1st July deadline therefore we have to go the family sponsorship route.

Good luck to all cat 4 who are still awaiting there Visa’s…as we will be joining you all soon enough.

Great news!! :ilikeit:

Is yours a priority 3 or priority 4 application?

Archived