176 Family sponsored visas

WaltAM

We lodged a 176 familiy sponsord visa application in December 2009 and were informed by our agent that the expected processing time for these applications has now changed from 18 months to 36 months. Sh###, that's a long time to wait!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the update Jumbojet.... looks true to form! I considered NZ too, but the lifestyle is very different to Oz. Weather is enough of an off-putter, in my book. If you are looking to use this as a stepping stone into Oz, please reconsider your choice. It will take you four years to be eligible to apply to Oz, post your landing date.... even if the current delays for the 176'ers are as per Evan's latest protocol, this would be more than double the waiiting period (end 2012 isn't that far away...! Maybe look at other options into getting in. I have had family return from Sydney yesterday, and they said the last 3 months have been dramatic in Oz in terms of positive progress. Maybe get over there, go for interviews (to see if you can land that job!!) and then tke a call. Have you done much research on NZ? Mixed responses from people i know who are there currently.

Hope this is of some help to others who too are frustrated....

Cheers,

Jack

Sorry to be the bearer of not-good news. According to David Wilden who is the regional minister for UK - counsellor (immigration), it would not appear that 176 family sponsored visas will be considered in the current processing year (which ends June 2010). At this stage he is unable to give any sort of indication of when 176 family sponsored visas will start being processed.

This info was obtained from the pomsinoz forum.

This process has to be the most flawed and unfair manner in which to deal with different types of visa applicants to Aus.

As such we have decided to apply to New Zealand, which appears to have a more credible and fairer process with believable timelines.

Right you are! Keep the goal in mind! Better to get there when things are a little more rosy (econonomically), than to have the "baked beans on toast" drag on for longer than you can stomach!

All's well that ends well..... you will eventually get there! :ilikeit:

We lodged a 176 familiy sponsord visa application in December 2009 and were informed by our agent that the expected processing time for these applications has now changed from 18 months to 36 months. Sh###, that's a long time to wait!

My big worry is that the Aus government is going to implement changes that will result in further possible delays or retroactive changes. We do not want to go to NZ as a first option but need to have a plan B for any possible eventualities that may arise in SA. I guess I am also frustrated by this process and am tired of being pushed from pillar to post. We have looked at all our options and the 176 family sponsored visa is our only option (unless there are significant changes afoot).

• 2 months later...

Hey all,

Are there any movers here yet?! Jumbojet, any progress with your B-Plan? All the 176's seem to have run for the hills.... let's catch-up! I have tried in vain to set up a coffee club meeting in DBN. Will post a date and place and see if there are any takers:)

Remember to watch the movements in April (new SOL) and keep that goal in mind.... see it, believe it, LIVE IT!

Cheers,

Jack

Hey Jack

We are still waiting ..... :blink:

I still look everyday for "We got a CO post for the Family 176 Spons" posts.

Hang in there!!

Hey Jack

We are still waiting ..... :blink:

I still look everyday for "We got a CO post for the Family 176 Spons" posts.

Hang in there!!

Hey Kirsy,

long time no chat! Well, if this has taught me one thing, it's patience! :lol: I know we are going, just WHEN?! Goal, goal, goal....

I check the TRN's the whole time too, have sent DIAC many mails (fairly quick response), etc... all without aiding the process thus far. Agent still reckons end 2012 at his stage, but I'm sure we'll all be smiling before then...

Take care,

Jack

Hi all...

We are also still waiting and I must admit I do the same....check the "We got it!" posts with bated breath to see if any of these were 176 FS visas! But, alas!, there have been none!

I must admit, at the rate that this year is going....FLYING....it wont be long and we will be seeing 2012....this is my outlook....at the moment in any case.

Since there has been an upturn in the Oz economy and jobs are being advertised and filled again, I am now also looking for any employer sponsorship opportunities...anything to get over there quicker. I must admit that since the wait is sooo much longer than we had originally anticipated we constantly question whether we still wanna go over (our daughter has just started grade R at the local primary school and is settling in so well, we have once again started making small improvements to our house (which we had stopped completely in anticipation of getting the visa), etc.

This wait is a real mental test....but we hang in there....

And its always good to know that there are fellow applicants doing the same as you....WAITING....WAITING.....WAITING.....

I sponsored my brother-in-law and fam for a 176 visa and their application was lodged on 17 August 2009. They then applied for state sponsorship towards the end of November 2009, however before the state sponsorship came through received a request from their case officer to submit their outstanding documentation (4 February 2010).

All their health requirements were finalised on 26 March 2010. Only one police clearance certificate is still outstanding, which were couriered yesterday, hence we expect a decision within a few days.

Hi ddp1

Was your B-I-Law on the CSL list??

He is an accountant so I think he was on the CSL, however did not achieve the required score for his IELTS to be considered under the CSL. He rewrote his IELTS and achieved the required score, but I am not sure if his application was processed under the CSL list as he submitted his application a few today’s before he turned 45. The subsequent IELTS was submitted a few weeks after his 45 birthday.

Wow, no real manner in which to track who's doing what?!

At least there's some good news and something to hang our hopes on!!

Thanks for the update DDP1.... we'll keep on looking, hoping and praying until it does come through!

Still waiting. Have started actively applying for jobs to see if employer-sponsored job pops up. Other than that not much news on progress. Guess 2012 it is !

Hello! First time entry on this website! Its good to see we are not alone in the waiting process! If you send an email to :rolleyes: aspc.processing@immi.gov.au, it clearly states that 176 Family Sponsored visas will take about 36 months to be processed. We have been waiting for 2 years now, and still nothing! It seems that the department is quite comfortable with moving the goalposts for the 176 visas, so all we can do is wait! :-(

He is an accountant so I think he was on the CSL, however did not achieve the required score for his IELTS to be considered under the CSL. He rewrote his IELTS and achieved the required score, but I am not sure if his application was processed under the CSL list as he submitted his application a few today’s before he turned 45. The subsequent IELTS was submitted a few weeks after his 45 birthday.

176 Family Sponsored Visa

Lodgement Date: 17 August 2009

Visa Grant Date: 13 April 2010

This is good news....if they processed it as a family sponsored visa and NOT based on his occupation being on the critical skills list...

Here's holding thumbs!

WOW!! This is WONDERFUL news.... <_<:holy::lol:

Are you able to confirm whether his visa was issued as a family sponsored visa? Just so that we know that there is possible movement on our type of visa...

Just made enquiries today, and the minimum expected processing time for a 176 visa is 36 months. Disheartening, but at least it is not a big fat NO.

WOW!! This is WONDERFUL news.... :whome::hug::)

Are you able to confirm whether his visa was issued as a family sponsored visa? Just so that we know that there is possible movement on our type of visa...

The grant letter states;

Application Type: Class VE, Subclass 176 Skilled – Sponsored

Hence, I assume it was processed as a 176 sponsored.

Regards

DdP

This is good news!!! :ilikeit:

I hope to see some more "we got it" posts for this category of visa soon!!

Yeah, would be excellent if it was indeed processed as Family Sponsored. Unfortunately, this is the only one I've see for quite a while, so wouldn't hold my breath! Hope I'm horribly wrong!!

Cheers,

Jack

Well, called my agent to see if there was any movement (must be the 100th call!!). Only ENS & CSL movement at this stage, according to them... aaaaah, frustration!!

Hopefully something positive will come at the start of the new fiscal in July... toes crossed!

Cheers,

Jack

Archived